January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

16 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Man City played Mendy for a year before he was charged. Unless Graham Potter sidelines as a CPS lawyer then it doesn’t matter what he thinks.

Also unless Bissouma is realistically considered to be a risk of never returning, travel would not be prevented. But yes it would indicate that it is a lower level sexual offence where chance of prison is low.

Regardless, I only want us to even consider signing him if the investigation is closed. To be fair I don’t think any club will go near him until that is resolved.

Yes they played him for a year before he was charged but that is the same for the rest of their squad too. There was no reason to not play him.  He was first arrested on Aug 26th and was refused bail and hasn't played for City since. Also, the offences he is charged with are for times and dates within the last year. Are u suggesting City should have dropped Mendy before the alleged crimes took place?

2 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

The problem with that Paul is you then ask the question “What is in it for Brighton?”

Would we loan a PL rival one of, if not our best player/s just so they had the option to send him back if it didn’t work out for them?

I understand where you’re coming from, but I just don’t think Brighton would go for anything like that. It’s going to take a big offer to get Brighton interested imo, I think they can wait until the summer before panicking about getting something for him assuming he is not going to sign a new deal.

A healthy transfer fee which would be more than they would get in the summer. Brighton are not getting relegated so selling Bissouma is not a huge risk. Yes it may impact their progression for the rest of this season but they would be able to spend money on a replacement

With the uncertainty around Bissouma's well documented arrest, I still think Boubacar Kamara would be an excellent option for DM.

He is a 22-year old DM that can also cover CB, has captained Marseille at times this season, and will also know Sanson so will be able to settle a bit easier as well.

He'd also be relatively cheap as he has 6 month's left on his contract.

If he goes to Man Utd, who have been linked with him, then fair enough. But if he goes to another team in and around where we are I think we will have missed a trick.

8 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Fabrizio mentioned on his twitch stream that Villa are working on their second transfer

yes of course, cus clubs only work on one transfer at a time, and cant start working on another, until the first one is 100% complete!! :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Listen, I won’t talk about another club’s players and I never have done - you know that and Aaron’s 44 year old mother, an accountant in Glasgow, knows that too.

"I wont talk about X player, or the lovely fairy cakes and cup of tea their mother makes for guests at their house....."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

What’s so good about 8th, other than it being better than 9th? 

It means we're continually improving... They probably hope to finish higher but they've set a realistic target based on how the season has progressed so far. 

Edited by The Other Mat

24 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just watched a Zakaria vid. And now am convinced we should spend a fortune on him . A beast of a man but quite silky for his size. No way anyone would ever knock him off the ball ever. They would bounce off him 

Hadn’t really watched him before the last Euros but he was superb there. On a free this summer, the challenge is selling Villa the project to him and getting his club to cash in. Would be perfect for us 

Just now, Adman said:

I'm hearing Aaron Ramsey on loan

A 31 y.o £400k/w player who is constantly injured.

Juventus can't even give him away because that would mean he has to give up his salary and sign a new much lower contract at a new club.

Also doesn't fill any need in the team. Has Newcastle or Everton written all over.

• Thanks 1

Just now, sne said:

Juventus can't even give him away because that would mean he has to give up his salary and sign a new much lower contract at a new club.

Also doesn't fill any need in the team. Has Newcastle or Everton written all over.

I agree, just what I've heard

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

With the uncertainty around Bissouma's well documented arrest, I still think Boubacar Kamara would be an excellent option for DM.

He is a 22-year old DM that can also cover CB, has captained Marseille at times this season, and will also know Sanson so will be able to settle a bit easier as well.

He'd also be relatively cheap as he has 6 month's left on his contract.

If he goes to Man Utd, who have been linked with him, then fair enough. But if he goes to another team in and around where we are I think we will have missed a trick.

I think the issue with him (and maybe Zakaria) is that we'll be desperate to sort it this month. They'll both be desperate to wait till the summer to maximise the wages and signing on fees they can get. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Top player, when fit, which accounts for about 25% of a season if you’re lucky.

Huge shame too because he’s incredibly gifted.