January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

if it’s relatively minor or would you have rejected the opportunity to sign Neymar and Ronaldo - due to similar allegations they have faced -  in their prime for the same reason? 

Yes

• Like 2

Somebody mentioned a few pages back the possibility of signing Digne and Hickey and letting Targett go. I wonder if that is the plan as I think Targett would at least recoup his transfer fee were we to see him in the summer. He’s a solid left back for a bottom half prem club.

I think Digne will go to Chelsea tho.

17 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Actually just to add balance, they aren’t dragging it out, getting from the point of allegation to a charging/no charging decision is a very lengthy process for a variety of reasons I won’t bore you with but it is still quite feasible that he could face no further action, maybe due to lack of evidence or just complete innocence. 

Exactly. He might just be completely innocent of all allegations. Won’t derail this thread further. 

9 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Somebody mentioned a few pages back the possibility of signing Digne and Hickey and letting Targett go. I wonder if that is the plan as I think Targett would at least recoup his transfer fee were we to see him in the summer. He’s a solid left back for a bottom half prem club.

I think Digne will go to Chelsea tho.

I think Chelsea want to loan him and Everton want to sell. He’s also categorically not going to Newcastle according to Romano. 

So, I believe it’s between us and West Ham perhaps? 

I think the Digne deal will be one we pursue all window and if we can agree a fee with Everton, we’ll do the deal. We shouldn’t be paying any more than £20m though and even that’s steep considering the circumstances. 

I think if he finds form though he’s up there with Robertson and Chilwell etc in terms of ability. 

Think this will drag.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think Chelsea want to loan him and Everton want to sell. He’s also categorically not going to Newcastle according to Romano. 

I think the Digne deal will be one we pursue all window and if we can agree a fee with Everton, we’ll do the deal. We shouldn’t be paying any more than £20m though and even that’s steep considering the circumstances. 

I think if he finds form though he’s up there with Robertson and Chilwell etc in terms of ability. 

Think this will drag.

He will want to go to Chelsea or West Ham over us unless the Gerrard pull works it’s magic. Chelsea are hoping to wait till the end of the window and force Everton into a loan. You’re right, it won’t be resolved quickly. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I agree that he is innocent until proven guilty, but any club looking to buy him will wait until he's either charged or not. 

You say his club will do background checks? Well, Johnson still played for Sunderland and Mendy played for Man City. Most football clubs will do what benefits them the most. 

I like the thought that Purslow would not be hyper aware of offering £30m of his employers money + a multi year, multi million pound contract to someone who may or may not be charged soon with sexual assault.

All clear? Fine, I’ve read ‘So you’ve been publicly shamed?’ too and people deserve their lives back if shown to be not guilty. Try to sign him, if everything else checks out per the clubs criteria for players.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Depends on the maximum sentence of the offence. If it is a slap on the wrist then it may make sense

Yeah because that’s the kind of person we want associated with the club.

46 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Think this will drag.

I agree. With Rafa saying that Digne wants to leave it would make sense for clubs to leave it till the last minute when Everton are desperate. Then a club should be able to get a loan deal for the rest of the year (Chelsea) or maybe a loan with an obligation to buy in the summer (Villa)

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Yeah because that’s the kind of person we want associated with the club.

I agree it is dodgy to take on a player with an association with this kind of thing, but that could be reflected in his price and there is always the concept of innocent until proven guilty. The club will no doubt assess the risks and make a decision based on that

What exactly is he supposed to have done. I agree that people are innocent until proven guilty but in some cases that's just a formality. There's no smoke without fire as they say and  I hope for his sake that if he is innocent it gets proven asap, all the samethough, if he is guilty I hope he gets destroyed.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

What exactly is he supposed to have done. I agree that people are innocent until proven guilty but in some cases that's just a formality. There's no smoke without fire as they say and  I hope for his sake that if he is innocent it gets proven asap, all the samethough, if he is guilty I hope he gets destroyed.

Probably best Google. I think what’s allowed to be legally said is he was arrested at and led out of club in handcuffs with a man in his 40s on suspicion of sexual assault and bailed. I believe it’s in the reporting that this was a freshers night.

• Thanks 1