January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

13 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Having mentioned Denis Zakaria earlier, I switched Sky on to watch Bayern vs Borrusia to do a bit of "scouting". He's not playing .... not on the pitch or on the bench. Is it Covid or is he going somewhere?

Got the Rona according to Transfermarkt

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bissouma would be the best player we could possibly hope to sign in that deep lying midfield role. He's a fantastic player. 
I can't see it happening, and if it does, it will cost us £40m+. 

Bissouma and Hickey/Digne and it would be an unbelievable window. 

but we absolutely need a CB

5 hours ago, Adman said:

Bissouma would be a fantastic signing.  Not much detail on his alleged offense, but from what I can gather it was in a busy nightclub so hopefully gropey not rapey...? 

Dopey and sneezy have refused to comment

My reading of the situation is that he grabbed a girls arse, so it is not going to be a major crime

5 hours ago, smg said:

No way will we spend £40 million on someone with a potential court case hanging over him. It would be insane.

Depends on the maximum sentence of the offence. If it is a slap on the wrist then it may make sense

I think we have a big window now. There is no way we don't buy a CB. That is a certainty.

Maybe we only go for either a LB or DM but with Nakamba out till March I think DM is pretty nailed on and Gerrard has mentioned fullbacks a couple times, that's almost nailed on too.

Coutinho, CB, DM, LB and wouldn't rule out a GK.

I figured we'd sign a CB and either a DM or LB but with the ambition shown now I just can't see how we sit on our laurels for another 6 months until this marquee signing potentially leaves. We'll be making moves to use this to make the most out of our other targets.

• Like 1

From what I’m reading, Brighton want to sell Bissouma this window to maximise his value. 

There are also a few murmurings we’re interested. What would it take? £40m? £50m? Brighton are a well run club and they won’t let him run his contract down. 

If we’re confident he only accidentally felt those women up at the bar, I can see us trying to do something in this window. 

Would be an unreal signing. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

From what I’m reading, Brighton want to sell Bissouma this window to maximise his value. 

There are also a few murmurings we’re interested. What would it take? £40m? £50m? Brighton are a well run club and they won’t let him run his contract down. 

If we’re confident he only accidentally felt those women up at the bar, I can see us trying to do something in this window. 

Does anybody have any info beyond the charge of sexual assault in a nightclub?  It’s all bad obviously but accidentally feeling up a woman at a bar, all the way to serious sexual assault, there’s a lot of difference from one end of that spectrum to the other on that scale.  Obviously would love his footballing talent at our club but as you say it very much depends on the incident.

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Purslow could probably smooooooth any of those possible issues away 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

i mean who hasn't accidentally felt up a woman at a night club, for that matter who hasn't accidentally felt up a man dressed as a woman at a night club? Or felt up a man whilst dressed as a woman at a night club in my case.

Numerous cases I’ve felt up a man dressed as a man. 

I need to stop drinking whiskey 🥃 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Only got 18 months left on his contract