January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I have a feeling we're going to try and sign Kalvin Phillips, Leeds squad desperately needs strengthening so they might be reluctantly open to selling him.

They're going down if they sell Kalvin Phillips this window. His return in Feb/March could push them up the table, they'd be stupid to sell him at their weakest position. 

I suppose if they go down anyway they'll be in an even weaker position in the summer.. but I think the fans would be livid if they sold him and then they went down, they'd lose Bielsa too then.

Can you imagine if we'd sold Jack in the January when we were fighting relegation? I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong I just think it would go down like a sack of shit and not sure I see Kalvin doing that to Leeds unless he's publicly pushed out. He won't want the blame for their potential relegation hanging over his career.

• Like 3

Doesn't really make sense for Leeds to sell Phillips, he's their banner player, arguably their best, captain, they hardly have any midfielders as it is, and are in a relegation battle. But I have seen some of their fans expressing concerns that he might be sold as they need to strengthen, and every so often they tend to sell one of their better players to fund moves in the transfer market.

:rant:Whether we get him or not, and probably not, I think he's the level of player we will looking at for the DM role :rant:

Just now, useless said:

Doesn't really make sense for Leeds to sell Phillips, he's their banner player, arguably their best, captain, they hardly have any midfielders as it is, and are in a relegation battle. But I have seen some of their fans expressing concerns that he might be sold as they need to strengthen, and every so often they tend to sell one of their better players to fund moves in the transfer market.

:rant:Whether we get him or not, and probably not, I think he's the level of player we will looking at for the DM role :rant:

If they are going to sell him them surely it will be in the summer. Isn't he injured and not due back till March?

24 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

Be tempted to find a new home for Targett and pick up both ??

now there's a thought...

be a big ask to get all that business done though on top of hopefully a CB and CDM

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Bissouma would be an amazing signing on the pitch but doesn't he currently have a bit of baggage off the pitch?

Yeah, the court case hasn't happened. I am sure the due diligence would cover that fully. We are hardly going to sign him and then lose him to Her Majesty's accommodation

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Sky saying we are in for Bissouma

Would that suit u Tro?

Bissouma would be another 30-40mil signing if it were to happen? If it’s true, the owners and SG really mean business! 

He’d be hard to sign while away at the AFCON! 

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Might need Logan Roys lawyer as well if were going down that route. We'd have a cracking team for 6 months at least though!

Mendy got out on bail today. We could really finish this season on a high (from a points perspective)

Just now, Herman22 said:

Bissouma would be another 30-40mil signing if it were to happen? If it’s true, the owners and SG really mean business! 

He’d be hard to sign while away at the AFCON! 

I would say Bissouma would be north of 55m/60m 

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Sky saying we are in for Bissouma

Would that suit u Tro?

He'd be a very good signing for us. However signing an (alleged) sex pest would not be ideal. We've only just sold off our floppy-haired love rat.

Would be all it if charges are dropped against him though and be a huge signing. World was potentially at his feet before all this kicked off with him.

Anyway fancy guessing what out Jan transfer budget is? I assume that with Axel going that a CB is going to join us this window and it appears we are after a FB too. Add Coutinho and Bissouma to that list and we are spending a few quid more than I expected