January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He can still agree the contract now though as he can talk to anybody

I know that applies to English based players but only if they are going to a club outside of England. Does the same apply for German/Italian/Spanish/French players going to England?

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

SSN's Rob Dorsett saying we've approached Bologna about Hickey.

That's one deal not happening then.

I initially read that as Heskey 😮 

Hickey be more the player I would hope we are after

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ronaldo signed for United 3 days later 

Man Utd appear to have drawn the short straw in that negotiation 

Edit: I should have read the date.

But it is funny that the same shyte is believable today 

Edited by Peter Griffin

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I know that applies to English based players but only if they are going to a club outside of England. Does the same apply for German/Italian/Spanish/French players going to England?

we signed Holman this way, not sure if Brexit has changed it though

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

i know this is not the FFP thread and I don't want to derail, but I don't believe we are tight with FFP. We sold a player for 100m 6 months ago and with amortisation this gives us a huge amount of wiggle room

FFP table few months ago had us 19th in the PL with £5m wiggle room before Gresford sale but have to offset that with Buendia Bailey Ings purchases

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

FFP table few months ago had us 19th in the PL with £5m wiggle room before Gresford sale but have to offset that with Buendia Bailey Ings purchases

That table was BS, it had Everton on -35m and they spent 25m already. It had toon on about 160m and Toon are a profitable club as Ashley wouldn't spend money. 

Has anyone actually seen Hickey play. If he was standing beside me in the pub I would have no idea who he was. I don't think I have ever seen him play but I have seen some stats. Has anyone that has actually seen him play (other than highlights) got a view on how good a player he is?

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Has anyone actually seen Hickey play. If he was standing beside me in the pub I would have no idea who he was. I don't think I have ever seen him play but I have seen some stats. Has anyone that has actually seen him play (other than highlights) got a view on how good a player he is?

That ones on his weak foot. Nah, he's got 2 goof feet.

Edited by Phil Silvers

25 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

SSN's Rob Dorsett saying we've approached Bologna about Hickey.

That's one deal not happening then.

He seems to have been slightly more reliable in the NSWE era, I get the feeling he may be one of Purslow's main go to guys for leaking stories.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla