January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

11 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm not sure who we should sign but what I don't want is short term solutions or players who are in the swan-song of their career. It can work ok when needed to stop a rot (John Terry for example) but where we are now I want us to be signing younger, ambitious and developing players who will improve and grow with us. That combined with our academy should make us quite the team and perhaps be seen as very tempting for young players in the future. 

I agree with you in general and I think the club do too. However I wouldn’t be surprised or disappointed to see an experienced top quality player come in if they have the right attitude and aren’t just looking for a last pay day. SG has has spoken very positively about Ashley Young’s influence on the squad. Like you I’ve no idea who or even in what position but it wouldn’t be a player for the future, but to help to instal the hard working and winning attitude that is very important to us now and needs to be a part of the culture at the club going forwards.

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

does England (PL) allow the pace maker/defib thingies in their leagues? (he had to leave Italy because the didnt?)

I am not sure but with all the talk about Italy not allowing it and that he would need to play in a different country made be think that if it wasn't allowed on England it would have been mentioned by some media outlet

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Doubt he can get insurance thats not to mention doubts over his health and mentality 

He is back training. It is not like he had a heart attack, it stopped beating. It is an electrical problem as opposed to a mechanical problem. There is nothing stopping him being an elite athlete again

13 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I wonder if Dean might come in for Hause, contact is up in the summer so would be cheap and they must have a good relationship.

Norwich couldn't afford them to buy but would be interesting to see if he comes in for a loan for AEG, Trez or Bidace. Or even Archer. He needs to get some goals from somewhere.

I hadn't really considered that Dean might try and take somebody with him, even whilst contemplating that Gerrard may want some of his Rangers players with him here.

Norwich already have Gilmour and Williams on loan from Chelsea and Man Utd, they are not allowed any more PL loans. It wouldn't surprise me to see him come in for Hause. But would Hause want to got to a manager that didn't play him? Theer is talk that Forest are interested in Hause

EDIT: Apologies, I see this was already posted

Edited by Peter Griffin

We're down to 4 players for our  midfield positions. We need a signing in this department in Jan, ideally someone who improves the first team so a 6 who is better than Marv. 

We'll then get to summer with 6 players for midfield. Marv and Luiz will be into their final year of their contracts. I can't see us letting Luiz play out his final year so it's either he's sold or he signs an extension. If Sanson performs well I can't see him leaving, while McGinn & JJ are going nowhere. I can see us giving Marv an extension as he's a valuable squad player. 

So I'd predict come end of summer we've 2 new midfielders and one player leaving. I think one signing in Jan and then one in Summer

12 hours ago, Chindie said:

Newcastle will offer him hundreds of barrels a day to save them.

I can't see Burnley selling him to Toon in Jan. It would very much increase the chances of Toon surviving at the expense of Burnley. I think Burnley would be better off letting his contract run down

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Norwich already have Gilmour and Williams on loan from Chelsea and Man Utd, they are not allowed any more PL loans. It wouldn't surprise me to see him come in for Hause. But would Hause want to got to a manager that didn't play him? Theer is talk that Forest are interested in Hause

Maybe Norwich can swap Hause with Rashica? I hear he want's to move to Villa.

Rashica to Villa, it just sounds right doesn't it.

• Haha 3

Just now, sne said:

Maybe Norwich can swap Hause with Rashica? I hear he want's to move to Villa.

Rashica to Villa, it just sounds right doesn't it.

What sort of money is Hause worth? Is he 2m or nearer 10m. Transfer fees for a player with PL experience tend to command a few quid. I know his contract is up in June but TransferMarket says we have a 1 year option on that so we can extend till 2023 

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

What sort of money is Hause worth? Is he 2m or nearer 10m. Transfer fees for a player with PL experience tend to command a few quid. I know his contract is up in June but TransferMarket says we have a 1 year option on that so we can extend till 2023 

At this stage of his contract he's maybe a couple £m to a Championship pushing for play off spots or a bottom half PL club trying to stay up and needing cover.Obviously if he/we sign that extension he'd be worth more.

Think it depends on how Gerrard sees him. Might not be ideal to just have 2 CB's going into the summer if Hause and Axel leaves. Then again it might be exactly what he'd want if he want's to bring in his own players.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

We should be going for Nat Phillips imo. Especially if the quoted price for him is legit.

Eddie Howe, is that you?

Seriously though, if we were looking at Liverpool then maybe Curtis Jones for me

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sne said:

At this stage of his contract he's maybe a couple £m to a Championship pushing for play off spots or a bottom half PL club trying to stay up and needing cover.Obviously if he/we sign that extension he'd be worth more.

I do think we undervalue our players in general. Nat Phillips at Liverpool is supposedly worth £15m. I'd have Hause over him. Like you say, he'll be worth more with a contract extension. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Eddie Howe, is that you?

Seriously though, if we were looking at Liverpool then maybe Curtis Jones for me

Curtis Jones only relatively decent target from Liverpool that's a attainable and he's not at all attainable

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I do think we undervalue our players in general. Nat Phillips at Liverpool is supposedly worth £15m. I'd have Hause over him. Like you say, he'll be worth more with a contract extension. 

He's 24, at Super League side Liverpool and just signed a new contract this summer so that will bump up the imagined value a fair bit. And also add the Eddie Howe valuation on top :D 

Fwiw Transfermarkt has him as €8m as their guesstimation while Hause is €5m. Pinch of salt figures obviously but Hause is 26 and on an (for now) expiring contract

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It should be. He's had a major medical incident. It's not like we're signing people for a postie run

Yes it was a major medical incident but it is one which a person can recover completely from and have zero side effects from. He is already back in training. 

7 minutes ago, sne said:

He's 24, at Super League side Liverpool and just signed a new contract this summer so that will bump up the imagined value a fair bit. And also add the Eddie Howe valuation on top :D 

Fwiw Transfermarkt has him as €8m as their guesstimation while Hause is €5m. Pinch of salt figures obviously but Hause is 26 and on an (for now) expiring contract

If Liverpool can get 22m for Rhian Brewster then I reckon Cutis Jones would be valued at 50m+ :)

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Curtis Jones only relatively decent target from Liverpool that's a attainable and he's not at all attainable

Maybe Klopp will do us a favour as he loves Gerrard :)