January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

7 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I would love to see those supposed 14 key passes from Targett as every time i have watched him he has been attrocious. In the one game alone at Villa Park he had eleven opportunities (More than any of our players in that game) to create something from good positions and he wasted every single one of them in shocking style.

As for Cash i do like him but he really needs to work on his crossing & shooting. If you remember that goal he scored against Everton (a very good strike too), he has had the exact same situation many times but on every other occasion he's skied it miles over the bar. If he could sort that out & finish more like in the Everton game he'd be a great player.

For me our fullbacks are one of the weaknesses of this team.

Maybe someone new on the left of midfield instead of another atrocious player (ElGhazi) who could be on the same wavelength as Targett may help but i fear he needs replacing in all honesty & he rode the Grealish wave previously which made him look better than he is.

Sorry about the quality.

Also, there's only 13 key passes. One of them was falsely attributed to Targett instead of Cash. So Cash had 4 key passes this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I'd be surprised if we bring in more than a couple of players.   It's January, notoriously difficult and expensive.  I think they'll do enough business to be reasonably certain of being clear of relegation and use the summer window to kick on.

Me too.

I think Gerrard will hit the ground running and have us climbing the table.

Come January, we are in a good league position and a few additions to help us kick on to ensure we finish inside the top 10 this season.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

22 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Sorry about the quality.

Also, there's only 13 key passes. One of them was falsely attributed to Targett instead of Cash. So Cash had 4 key passes this season.

Brilliant work, Target has been nowhere near last year's levels, lacks athleticism, but makes up for it with being a very good footballer. 

Some better finishing on some of those chances and he'd be on 3/4 assists this season.

10 minutes ago, picicata said:

Well, if the article in Daily Heil is to be believed we have only a very tiny amount of wiggle room when it comes to FFP so I wouldnt expect too much incoming in January unless we move players out/ box clever.

It also says that our they have not taken account of the Jack Grealish sale so they presume we are in a much healthier position.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He’s 3x as good as any player we have

Sure, but he's on absolutely massive wages and would cost £70m or more. Even with Pep keeping him in check he's become quite selfish in the last year and his decision making has gotten much worse. I'd imagine if he'd move to a club where he'd be the star he would become 10 times worse and try and do it all himself all the time.

He has Newcastle written all over if they decide they need a marquee signing. Him, Oxlade, Ramsey and maybe Trippier all reek of Newcastle.

56 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Sorry about the quality.

Thanks for that Laughing Chimp a very interesting watch. I have to say though some of those are very loosely described as "key" passes. The majority in fact. Mainly looks like what i've seen as in just easy to defend looped hopeful crosses into the box. There are a few good ones though but only the one so far as i can see which has resulted in an actual goal or "assist". A few which were poor misses by the recipient of the pass such as Ramseys at the Emirates, but in the main passes into a way too congested area which our player had little hope of scoring from so for me describing them as a "key pass" is a bit OTT. A lot were in away games too which would explain why i missed some of them.

For me he needs to do much, much better.

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

No?

Yes.

No!

Awful footballer in a great side under a great manager.

Horrendous technique for someone at such a level. No surprise Grealish has benched him, despite being well off his best.

• Like 1

For me Sterling has some good attributes obvously but he also has plenty of bad ones. He is awkward to defend against but his finishing is still bang average and he has not a clue about when to release the ball to someone in a better position more often than not wrecking the move....although admittedly a lot of those moves he instigates himself. So he's a pest in one way but a liability in another in my view. He'll always score a few goals but he is also largely responsible for a shed load of wasted opportunities which can cost his team. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

For me Sterling has some good attributes obvously but he also has plenty of bad ones. He is awkward to defend against but his finishing is still bang average and he has not a clue about when to release the ball to someone in a better position more often than not wrecking the move....although admittedly a lot of those moves he instigates himself. So he's a pest in one way but a liability in another in my view. He'll always score a few goals but he is also largely responsible for a shed load of wasted opportunities which can cost his team. 

Decision making: 2

Awareness: 5

Flair: 17

Speed: 19

11 hours ago, maqroll said:

Any good and gettable DMs available in January?

Mentioned two yesterday I think they should target - Orel Mangala from Stuttgart and Mikel Merino from Sociedad who is pure class and bonus knows the league from his stint at toon… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

We'd have won the Euros if name removed had played ahead of him, despite the press insisting he had a great tournament.

But, he did have an excellent tournament! He won't come here, and probably because of wages, but it would be a huge statement signing. Anyway, he'll surely go abroad.

Sterling is rubbish, he scores goals in an elite Man City team that allows him to be bad and get away with it.

He runs in to players, all the time, his decision making is terrible, he's like a faster, better version of El Ghazi (and thats not a compliment).

The amount if times i see Sterling get the ball, and just run in to players and get dispossessed, or run in to cul-de-sacs etc, really dont rate him at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1