January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Plausible to you! What you want and thus fits to your narrative like you did on Mings narrative.

I love Ings whether he’s plan A or B, I love Mings and think he’ll be with us for years.  I love Tammy whether he was plan A or never in the plans.  Your plausible though is what you would like and maybe close to the truth or way off, same with me.

Tammy would’ve been great here and Ings will be great.  I think your clutching at straws with your theories on it.

Do u not think it is plausible? 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I really don't think so. City bough Jack to win the Champions League as KDB is getting older and has injury problems. There isn't one iota of a chance that City bought Jack to restrict our advancement.

I didn't say that City did buy him just for that, I said they bought him for exactly the things you said but also realised that in doing so that it was a double whammy that they would also slow our progress also.

There can be more than just one reason why a player is relieved from a club that is constantly improving with that player. It makes 100 mill even more worth spending when there are a number of reasons. Main reason being they wanted another high quality player, secondly they feel that he can once KDB leaves, be there creativity. Hey it also stops Villa from progressing and reaching Europe this season, all while maybe they don't go ahead and spend that money we gave them well. If you think all these things wouldn't of been talked about in the City board room then think again.

16 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Do u not think it is plausible? 

No.  

You said 

ButI think the most plausible is that we wanted as close as we could get to guaranteed goals

I think Tammy would’ve just as likely to get the same amount of goals as Ings will so I disagree with your point.  There is obviously another reason we got Ings instead of Tammy but that reason(s) could be many many things.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I really don't think so. City bough Jack to win the Champions League as KDB is getting older and has injury problems. There isn't one iota of a chance that City bought Jack to restrict our advancement.

Well big teams have been doing that for decades openly so to assume this I find strange.  Teams openly want to make opposition weaker, we even joked on this forum re Saints and Arsenal around JWP and ESR that our interest likely caused them being paid more than they were likely to get thus weakening the clubs ability in the market.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

No.  

You said 

I think Tammy would’ve just as likely to get the same amount of goals as Ings will so I disagree with your point.  There is obviously another reason we Ings instead of Tammy but that reason(s) could be many many things.

It is quite shortsighted not to see that as plausible, you appear to be letting your feeling influence your judgement. I see all the options we discussed of why we signed Ings as opposed to Tammy as plausible. But then it comes down to personal opinion as which I see as most plausible, and obviously I feel my suggestion is most plausible, otherwise I wouldn't be suggesting it.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think Tammy would’ve just as likely to get the same amount of goals as Ings will so I disagree with your point.  

No problem disagreeing on that but I am basing my thoughts on how both Tammy and Ings have performed in the PL, I am not basing them on a subjective view of Tammy or my thoughts of how he will develop as a player this season

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Well big teams have been doing that for decades openly so to assume this I find strange.  Teams openly want to make opposition weaker, we even joked on this forum re Saints and Arsenal around JWP and ESR that our interest likely caused them being paid more than they were likely to get thus weakening the clubs ability in the market.

Do u believe that City bought Jack to restrict AVFC's progress?

Agreed, are being relieved of our best by the usual big lot of the league but at same time weve gone past alot of the teams in the league and are also doing the exact same to those now below us.

I think it all boils down to ambition, Ambition will of course in someway or another take players from clubs, were all in the pecking order.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Agreed, are being relieved of our best by the usual big lot of the league but at same time weve gone past alot of the teams in the league and are also doing the exact same to those now below us.

I think it all boils down to ambition, Ambition will of course in someway or another take players from clubs, were all in the pecking order.

Yep, I am sure lots of other teams supporters are not happy with what Villa is doing. We are definitely on the way up and it is great to be a Villa fan at the moment (well it is always great to be a Villa fan) but clubs like Everton, Saints, Toon etc are not happy with what we are doing and Baggies and Blues are seriously upset 😀

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Do u believe that City bought Jack to restrict AVFC's progress?

Me myself I believe it's one of the many reasons but we won't ever know and we can speculate about it all day long. I reckon there are several reason or were several to of taken Jack away from us and in that case it makes spending 100 mill justified.

There is a pecking order even in football you know.

The strong eat the weak or should I say the better the club that club will sign the best player from the weaker club most of the time when they have someone of value. The best players will fit into the better teams and it continue to filter on up like that unless they fade away.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

It is quite shortsighted not to see that as plausible, you appear to be letting your feeling influence your judgement. I see all the options we discussed of why we signed Ings as opposed to Tammy as plausible. But then it comes down to personal opinion as which I see as most plausible, and obviously I feel my suggestion is most plausible, otherwise I wouldn't be suggesting it.

Your say I’m letting my feelings influence and then you let your feelings influence your view 😂

10 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

No problem disagreeing on that but I am basing my thoughts on how both Tammy and Ings have performed in the PL, I am not basing them on a subjective view of Tammy or my thoughts of how he will develop as a player this season

I assume you’ve read the Tammy thread where I provided many stats on Tammy and his goal scoring abilities, and my assertions are based on historical stats.  If you haven’t seen my arguments or discussion on his stats I suggest you go and read them as I’m not pulling this out of my backside or my subjective view.

• Like 1

Your say I’m letting my feelings influence and then you let your feelings influence your view 😂

16 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I am saying what I think is the best outcome for Villa, this is based on what I believe about our transfer strategy and I am recognising that your thoughts are also plausible. You are saying mine are not plausible and thus your's are right LOL.

I have seen Tammy's stats and I have read a fair amount of your posts on the Tammy thread. What is clear is that Ings stats are better than Tammy's. And I am not comparing for their age, I am talking about now, hence I believe it is plausible that we bought Tammy for 'now' as he is more proven than Tammy

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I suppose that is easier than answering the question

Haha

Dave-R answered it fine, take that answer.

I’m done for tonight!

Edited by nick76