Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

On 03/10/2024 at 22:18, Chindie said:

Always interesting to see the outsider perspective I think. Obviously these are going to need captions but you can kinda get the gist I think...

This guy seems to have just wanted to experience the match and was star struck by the Bayern contingent but I think the moment after we score and he's in front of the Holte End going mad and he just leans back and looks completely bewildered by the noise and the spectacle, it's just brilliant. Completely awestruck.

A Bayern fan. Interestingly seems to quite like the city. I think there's some dislike of the 'UK' style atmosphere where we're very reactive to the match and it's not just constant chanting. But otherwise they seem to really like the stadium and the pre-match stuff.

A neutral I think who also seemed to quite like the city and err, I think wasn't expecting the atmosphere to be quite so involved...

You can use translated subtitles on these videos. It's a bit hit and miss but works reasonably well. 

The did seem to like Brum. 

The one on the way out says he might have tinnitus. 

Edited by sidcow

Still think we are missing a trick by not booing when opposition has long spells of possession. What happens is we go quiet then there's a big roar when we win it back and the players end up trying to counter quick and more often than not give the ball back.

It's crazy how fans influence the game.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2024 at 22:56, Tony said:

That is most European atmospheres in a nutshell. Never got the clamour for it. 

Sometimes the UK fans get really engrossed in the play, they're actually concentrating on the play, almost holding their breath rather than just shouting some rhymes. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Don't really agree the team should have to "earn it" and it isn't anything close to cheerleading lol.

Sure, there's something to be said that English atmospheres being more reactive creates more intensity when they are actually loud, I agree, but you're just making excuses for the fact that European atmospheres are generally clearly better than England.

Atmosphere was very good at times but the team needed us when it was flat and it gave Bayern momentum. They had already earned it by being there in the first place 🤣

Atmosphere is not purely about noise and nothing else. Silence creates it's own atmosphere. 

The hush that surrounds the stadium as a free kick is being lined up is a good example of this. 

Edited by sidcow

European atmospheres sound great but I don't get how singing constantly regardless of what happens on the pitch helps the players.  There's nothing like the roar you get at English grounds when the pressure is piled on. Defences buckle.

• Like 2

All of Bayern's chants seem to be some variation of the clubs name and that's it. There's no individual player chants from what I can tell. Give me the Duran, Cash chants etc over that all day.

Also it's probably very easy for them to continue to chant and support the team knowing it makes little difference the result of individual games and they steam roll the league most years. Let see if they would still be bouncing having lost 5 on the spin and being 3-0 down at HT to Fulham, somehow I doubt it.

45 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sometimes the UK fans get really engrossed in the play, they're actually concentrating on the play, almost holding their breath rather than just shouting some rhymes. 

This is exactly it. When there was periods of quiet on Wednesday it wasn’t apathy, it was gritted teeth tension, it’s not actually easy to sing when you’re a nervous wreck. That European monotonous chanting is not remotely rousing.

• Like 1

Your average European game (wild generalization here) you get the home "ultras" and depending on country the away "ultras". Those generally make up the stands behind the goals and are the ones with the constant singing, drums, tifo, pyro and so on. But then you also get the remaining 2/4 of the stands with people acting like your average English fan, only louder.

• Like 1

Wednesday night was exceptionally loud and that was made possible by the occasion both sets of supporters were a credit, just a brilliant night and was right up there with the tranmere rovers semi final and the Sunderland 6 1 games 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, andycappa said:

Wednesday night was exceptionally loud and that was made possible by the occasion both sets of supporters were a credit, just a brilliant night and was right up there with the tranmere rovers semi final and the Sunderland 6 1 games 

Yep, a special night without doubt, the feeling leaving the ground was euphoric,  everyone grinning from ear to ear, singing as they left . A night I will never forget,  just like the Tranmere game. UTV 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Also it's probably very easy for them to continue to chant and support the team knowing it makes little difference the result of individual games and they steam roll the league most years. Let see if they would still be bouncing having lost 5 on the spin and being 3-0 down at HT to Fulham, somehow I doubt it.

You’d be wrong, then. If Schickeria were the only ultras group in Germany, you might have had a point, but obviously they’re not. 

Edited by El Zen

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â