Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

12 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Ah good to know. Didn’t see any of the other posts and mine was only a declaration of love for KFC!

Pretty sure most people read it that way so don't sweat it but seriously KFC is like conference league bad. I swear I had a piece in the shape of a rat once (obviously still ate it as was drunk).

Back ot, have only seen him play a few times for club and country but my Italian Juve-mad mate thinks we're doing them a huge favour if we take him off their books.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" No Fatties in my Midfield " sounds like it would be a would be a 🔥 Hip Hop song 😂

Weirdly, I'm getting country music vibes

No fattiieeeees in myyy midfieeeeeld,

No porkers in my truck

No cushion for the pushin'

Is the only way I ... 

Edited by lexicon
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, 479Villan said:

Suggesting fried chicken to an African-American is a damned good way to get your ass beat and thoroughly so. It has horrible racist connotations so I’d edit your post away if I were you. 

Don't worry, we'll leave the potato salad alone.

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

Weirdly, I'm getting country music vibes

No fattiieeeees in myyy midfieeeeeld,

No porkers in my truck

No cushion for the pushin'

Is the only way I ... 

Cluck!

On 21/06/2024 at 08:08, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Racism is ingrained in American culture so much that it's automatically deemed racist, when in reality, I really don't think it was meant that way in the slightest. 

Nah it most likely was. But it’s an American thing that many on here wouldn’t be aware of.  Whoever originally tweeted/posted it knew what they were doing. The follow up comments on here are clearly innocent though. 

Anyway I was sort of growing to the idea of this signing based on hearing how good he was last season. What was putting me off was the fact he didn’t seem that keen on the move and many fans would have written him off from the start which is never great for a player either. 

So sounds like it’s best all round it didn’t happen.

On 20/06/2024 at 19:56, 479Villan said:

Suggesting fried chicken to an African-American is a damned good way to get your ass beat and thoroughly so. It has horrible racist connotations so I’d edit your post away if I were you. 

I honeslty think this kind of thing is so stupid.

As if someone offered me KFC and Watermelon I should be upset by either? ( I like both... then again... obviously context matters )

I get the ancient connotations.. but damn... anyone can like either.

Dunno man the whole landscape of " race relations " is weird AF.

We've ironically, actually gone BACKWARDS.

In fairness, when I was younger, myself and my group of multicultural friends of all colours could have ethnic banter with each other and it was all cool.

ANYWAY... why is this thread still active?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Think it's being left open as an educational tool to help us all get to grips with American racial politics 😀 

I think Greenday said it best.

Â