Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

Just now, striker said:

Indeed it is possible, anything is, but I'm not surprised there are no other viable links to Luiz this window.

He is simply not seen as a top player by other teams.

He’s a great player for us, but I think some fans overrate him too - acting like we are a one man team. I’ve seen comments that’s he’s an £80m midfielder - he might be to us - but that’s not how the market works. 

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In honesty, unless it's banter, I just ignore it.

Because the insinuation that professional footballers playing in elite Leagues are " fat " in itself in nonsensical.

It just makes some people feel better for effect, to drive a point if they don't like/want the player. allmost like a childish " You're a stupid head " etc.

John McGinn is " fat ", Lampard was " fat " etc as well.

Sidenote: I'm not saying fat players don't exist 😂

It’s more the comments that people have posted today about him and KFC - that’s really appalling. Some people became fixated on using body mass to dismiss him entirely as a footballer. That’s not banter at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

He’s a great player for us, but I think some fans overrate him too - acting like we are a one man team. I’ve seen comments that’s he’s an £80m midfielder - he might be to us - but that’s not how the market works. 

Unless Chelsea are involved

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If true it's a very good miss by Villa. I wouldn't even want him at Everton.

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I wonder if this situation was to come up last summer, would he be sold for a higher cash number. Seemed like everyone was splurging last year and no one wants to do any big spending now. At least not until July 1st.

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I wonder if this situation was to come up last summer, would he be sold for a higher cash number. Seemed like everyone was splurging last year and no one wants to do any big spending now. At least not until July 1st.

I think that ship has sailed now the Saudi league has settled. I’d be shocked if Newcastle get £80m+ for Bruno G. Unless they trigger the clause. There’s only very few clubs spending that on midfielders and I don’t think Dougie nor Bruno G are that calibre yet. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

for this, you get my highest honour of the Picard clap 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe913ij496qbh93sv7ovkn

The guy with the glasses at the end is his agent… couldn’t see him until Weston moved out the way 🤫😉

• Haha 1

Those not keen on the move or player… it’s nothing to do with his weight (that’s just a cheap jab or easy joke) just that he’s mostly crap and appears to have a bit of an over inflated ego. A limited player we don’t need who would want big money… no thanks. 

Juve are having problems with both McKennie and Rabiot’s wage and fee demands… leave that to them and let’s not take stupid burdens like that on at our club please.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Don’t want characters (loads of concerns about Rabiot and his agent/mother) and problems like this at our club, they’re not all that either;

Don’t think Weston’s spell and issues at Leeds should be totally overlooked or ignored either…

I still wonder why they let him go there if he’s seen as a valued or important player…

Edited by Jas10

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wow! Wanted 5m, which i guess is understandable if you have a contract left, but we would not have been offering him peanuts! With an attitude like that its definitely a bullet dodged.

Â