Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

In the hope we sign a better player. A non-fat one. I think that's OK.

If we were trying to swap for...I dunno...someone you didn't rate. Michael Keane from Everton. 

Would you want to sign him still? You'd dismiss your own opinion and say yeah, that'll be grand.

If Monchi and Emery want them then I've got no issues. I think it would be ridiculous for me to pray they don't get who they've identified. 

We're also talking about a guy who just had a successful season playing for juventus, not Everton's 4th choice defender. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If Monchi and Emery want them then I've got no issues. I think it would be ridiculous for me to pray they don't get who they've identified. 

We're also talking about a guy who just had a successful season playing for juventus, not Everton's 4th choice defender. 

Who they've decided is the best they can do while being forced to sell one of our best players*

• Like 1

I admit i was underwhelmed when i heard that Mckennie was involved. Had a Leeds fan at work who actually goes every week, said it fills the void since his wife left him, my reply was not surprised you are a Leeds fan lol, but anyway he said he was awful one of the worst he had seen for a while and Leeds have has some rubbish players, least he was honest on that 2nd bit 😅

Yes everyone says lets look what a class manager can do, Unai is a world class manager but he cant polish every turd.  I am more excited by this Barrenechea. Then you see that 'football insider' say that Spurs hijacked the deal for Mckennie for a cut price 15M... 

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Who they've decided is the best they can do while being forced to sell one of our best players*

It’s also possible Dougie wants to leave and earmarked Juve for himself and Alisha - hence why no other club has bidded. PSR will be factor yes. But in this case, I’m not so sure it’s the only one. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It doesn't explain why Unai wanted McKennie in his first window here.  I suspect he genuinely rates the guy.

5 hours ago, calcifer said:

I admit i was underwhelmed when i heard that Mckennie was involved. Had a Leeds fan at work who actually goes every week, said it fills the void since his wife left him, my reply was not surprised you are a Leeds fan lol, but anyway he said he was awful one of the worst he had seen for a while and Leeds have has some rubbish players, least he was honest on that 2nd bit 😅

Yes everyone says lets look what a class manager can do, Unai is a world class manager but he cant polish every turd.  I am more excited by this Barrenechea. Then you see that 'football insider' say that Spurs hijacked the deal for Mckennie for a cut price 15M... 

There were quite a few people on here writing off our own players during Gerrard's reign of terror and those same players are now getting praised. Don't underestimate how much a coach can transform players, especially one as good as Unai.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

There were quite a few people on here writing off our own players during Gerrard's reign of terror and those same players are now getting praised. Don't underestimate how much a coach can transform players, especially one as good as Unai.

I think I know a little bit more than Unai Emery thank you very much.

• Haha 1

The scenes when this thread re-emerges in January with the news that we have offered Weston a pre-contract agreement for summer 2025. Can’t wait 🙂

For all the shameful comments about his weight, I suggest these posters reflect on Weston’s words: 

“When people started attacking me — me as a person in general, not even with football — everyone knows that I’m more thick-boned than than some other players, in that my body shape is the way that it is. But when people started out saying, ‘You fat bast**d’ and ‘you pig’ and ‘you m*nkey’ and stuff like that, people don’t really realise the effect that it has on people. I like to be happy and to make people happy, to make people laugh. So that was a little bit hard.”

https://archive.is/gx9ai 

Edited by The_Steve

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

For all the shameful comments about his weight, I suggest these posters reflect on Weston’s words: 

“When people started attacking me — me as a person in general, not even with football — everyone knows that I’m more thick-boned than than some other players, in that my body shape is the way that it is. But when people started out saying, ‘You fat bast**d’ and ‘you pig’ and ‘you m*nkey’ and stuff like that, people don’t really realise the effect that it has on people. I like to be happy and to make people happy, to make people laugh. So that was a little bit hard.”

https://archive.is/gx9ai 

In honesty, unless it's banter, I just ignore it.

Because the insinuation that professional footballers playing in elite Leagues are " fat " in itself in nonsensical.

It just makes some people feel better for effect, to drive a point if they don't like/want the player. allmost like a childish " You're a stupid head " etc.

John McGinn is " fat ", Lampard was " fat " etc as well.

Sidenote: I'm not saying fat players don't exist 😂

If the comments were in a Women's Football player thread you'd see how fast all the valiant knights would be arriving with crowns of virtue. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â