Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Offering Moise Kean now instead apparently. Pull the plug Monchi!

37 goals and 5 assist in 172 career top flight games mostly playing CF. Guy is fire...

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't fully understand it, but it seems we can claim the deal as profit for PSR reasons whilst still gaining players.

So 20m plus two players for Luiz can go down as a 60m deal (20m cash plus 20m for each player)

And on top of that we've gained 2 players.

Whereas if we got 60m cash, we'd then have to spend 40m to sign the two players we "wanted"

Someone who's more across the rules can probably explain it better

On top of that it also seems that no club is  ready to sign one of our more expensive players before the PSR deadline so this Juve deal seems the best bet.

I do wonder how the club planned to be PSR compliant though. Was selling Luiz always on the cards I wonder.

39 minutes ago, Podster said:

However good he is, the problem is he thinks he is actually better than he realy is and he expects unrealistic wages.

I’d counter that and say we will be using him as a major marketing tool and be making hopefully increased revenue on the back of signing him - it’s only fair he gets a fair share in commercial image rights IMO - it works both ways.

We shouldn’t blow the wage structure for him unless it’s commercially makes sense to. 

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Wait, you telling me different Juventus fans have different opinions? 

Definitely not saying that, no. Only seen negativity towards him.

Got any examples of positive Juve fan reviews?

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

There were a bunch posted a few pages back. 

40 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

There’s a Reddit thread somewhere where a lot of fans were calling him the player of the season.

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Makes the most sense imo.

Probably just a question of money with McKennie and Juve needing to thrash out a settlement but one of my team is Sicilian and a massive Inter fan. He mentioned that McKennie is dating Daniele Frattesi's (Inter Midfielder) sister, which may also be a factor in his hesitation to leave Italy 

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Is that business savvy? Sounds more scummy to me.

The sort of loser behaviour that leads to them starting up a breakaway European league without planning anything behind it properly.

Your Italian side is Juve? Boo. **** boo to you.

they still owe Ronaldo 20 million apparently

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Boro fans couldn't believe Rogers was good enough for a top 4 prem team

12 months ago, there would have been celebrations on here if we'd sold Bailey. 

12 months ago the idea of Barkley being a holding cm would have been laughed at. 

Why don't we let the genius people running our club do their job and trust the ideas and scouting. 

We can still have opinions on players otherwise this forum would be empty of comments.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We can still have opinions on players otherwise this forum would be empty of comments.

I do agree but the negativity is ridiculous. 

You've got people praying the deal falls through. 

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

Agree.

Not rating a player is totally fine but all this nonsense about him being fat, his appearance and opinions that are formed based on a failed Leeds loan spell, are quite frankly pathetic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _AA_786 said:

Probably just a question of money with McKennie and Juve needing to thrash out a settlement but one of my team is Sicilian and a massive Inter fan. He mentioned that McKennie is dating Daniele Frattesi's (Inter Midfielder) sister, which may also be a factor in his hesitation to leave Italy 

Judging by her pictures I can see why!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Makes the most sense imo.

Hopefully he decides to choose his next destination in 6 months time and it isn't us.

Edited by AshVilla

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

In the hope we sign a better player. A non-fat one. I think that's OK.

If we were trying to swap for...I dunno...someone you didn't rate. Michael Keane from Everton. 

Would you want to sign him still? You'd dismiss your own opinion and say yeah, that'll be grand.

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

In the eyes of many, it was wishful thinking as Massimiliano Allegri had already told McKennie that he was not in his plans and backed up those words by initially leaving him out of the squad’s preseason trip to the United States.

The Italian eventually changed his mind at the eleventh hour and included McKennie in the club’s stateside preparation for the upcoming Serie A season. The door had become ajar and a determined McKennie began to kick it down with all the force he had.

McKennie’s unmatched work ethic in preseason caught the eye of Allegri and then fate did the rest when Nicolo Fagioli and Paul Pogba were suspended for the entire season. Luck had finally shone on McKennie who was given a second chance in Turin.
The recharged American dynamo in Juve’s midfield

Now, eight months after McKennie’s hasty exit from Leeds, the midfielder has been the driving force behind Juve’s bid to win the Serie A for the first time since the 2019/2020 season.

Concluding that:

McKennie’s redemption in Italy this season might have flown under the footballing radar, but there can be little doubt that it is a remarkable tale. However, it would not have happened had the American not taken personal accountability for his time at Elland Road.

The temptation would have been for him to drop his head and look for comfort by only listening to the voices of support. Rather, McKennie confronted the cold hard facts and in doing so, spectacularly resurrected his career.

https://www.juvefc.com/weston-mckennies-honest-appraisal-of-his-time-at-leeds-has-made-him-invaluable-to-juve/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â