Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

Speaking to a Leeds mate of mine he couldn’t stop laughing when he heard Villa were signing McKennie. Through the laughter he said Ken from Barbie would be a better signing.

As much as I think Luiz is overrated on here the proposed deal with Juve is a shit take.

22 minutes ago, striker said:

Speaking to a Leeds mate of mine he couldn’t stop laughing when he heard Villa were signing McKennie. Through the laughter he said Ken from Barbie would be a better signing.

As much as I think Luiz is overrated on here the proposed deal with Juve is a shit take.

To br honest you could still luiz in that leeds team and he would have looked shit.  They w ere pretty hopeless 

28 minutes ago, striker said:

Probably best to trust one of the best managers ever to work in the Premier League over your Leeds supporting mate. It’s up to you but I suspect it will be a better strategy to adopt. My next door neighbour reckons we will be invaded by aliens before the end of the year! I choose to ignore him.

• Like 1

Fans will have a diverse range of views. Ultimately, if Unai and his team want him, that means more. It’s not a fair metric - and it’s very easy to find the sentiment of fans who someone agrees with instead always digging deeper and finding middle ground instead of confirmation bias. People are free to have their reservations. I’m not saying blind trust either. But Unai has more than enough trust that I am happy enough to trust him on this. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, striker said:

The majority of our Champions League squad looks like Championship players under Gerrard.

Coaching matters. Weston has plenty of ability.

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

It’s more that Juve won’t/can’t pay the money.

In this case it seems so, but it’s also in the Duran deal too. All the claims are it’s that Villa are only wanting swap deals 

12 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why are Villa so insistent on swap deals?!?!

what’s the benefit?

Really got no idea. Only things I can think of are maybe it impacts sell on clauses somehow. The other would be that it helps us keep the price we want to sell our player at fixed which helps PSR. 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Amusing comments under a McKennie Instagram post.

All Juve fans begging him to leave.

Weird for people earlier in the thread to make up that Juve fans said he was a good player.

Juve fans are worse than Villa fans when it comes to judging a player’s ability and that’s saying something 😂

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why are Villa so insistent on swap deals?!?!

what’s the benefit?

I don't fully understand it, but it seems we can claim the deal as profit for PSR reasons whilst still gaining players.

So 20m plus two players for Luiz can go down as a 60m profit (20m cash plus 20m for each player)

And on top of that we've gained 2 players.

Whereas if we got 60m cash, we'd then have to spend 40m to sign the two players we "wanted" so we'd only have 20m "profit"

Someone who's more across the rules can probably explain it better

Edited by Stevo985

Â