Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

What would people rather have? No McKennie, but 9 point deduction and still the need to sell Doug 

or

no points deduction, no Doug, but McKennie warming the bench and spending money for players? 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

What would people rather have? No McKennie, but 9 point deduction and still the need to sell Doug 

or

no points deduction, no Doug, but McKennie warming the bench and spending money for players? 

I'd rather no points deduction and Emery and Monchi get the player they want in McKennie.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m leaning towards it’s Juve being cheap, rather than us. If it was us, we’d pay more on his wages to get this deal done (if it has to be done by the 30th)

This isn't uncommon... Juventus are business savvy even if they do have odd practices by jow Villa would operate. They have on multiple previous occasions agreed contracts with players where payments are promised/held until later in the duration to allow them to complete the initial signing when they're short of money. When players are then pushing for a move, they can sometimes get them to forego it to expedite the process allowing Juve to save money but in other scenarios it can bite them if they're cash poor at the time - see recent Ronaldo dispute which has gone to court.

This will likely all be resolved soon once they feel a saving has been made. 

*I have no inside knowledge before anyone gets asks for my CV. It's just highlighting prior behaviour as seen from supporting Juve for >20 years

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

This Spurs news could easily be his agent working on forcing Juventus hand with the pay out.

Considering Paratici is still working for Spurs (off the book) and knows everyone at Juve it might be them trying to get us to up the salary offer to Weston so that Juve won't have to pay him off as much.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, thejoker said:

That didn’t last long. Someone playing games?

Wait but Football Insider said they do. Who can we trust 

13 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

This isn't uncommon... Juventus are business savvy even if they do have odd practices by jow Villa would operate. They have on multiple previous occasions agreed contracts with players where payments are promised/held until later in the duration to allow them to complete the initial signing when they're short of money. When players are then pushing for a move, they can sometimes get them to forego it to expedite the process allowing Juve to save money but in other scenarios it can bite them if they're cash poor at the time - see recent Ronaldo dispute which has gone to court.

This will likely all be resolved soon once they feel a saving has been made. 

Is that business savvy? Sounds more scummy to me.

The sort of loser behaviour that leads to them starting up a breakaway European league without planning anything behind it properly.

13 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

*I have no inside knowledge before anyone gets asks for my CV. It's just highlighting prior behaviour as seen from supporting Juve for >20 years

Your Italian side is Juve? Boo. **** boo to you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

So negotiations are still ongoing as it stands 

Everybody getting twisted on every bit of news, when this is just negotiation tactics..  

Everybody just calm down.

I don’t want McKennie but everybody tells me to trust Monchi/Emery.  Then the same people are freaking out that this deal is all over the place and may not happen or could or couldn’t or other deals….they should take their own advice and trust Monchi/Emery because they know what they are doing and it’ll be ok.  They will make sure we are ok whether through this deal, an adjustment deal or other player deals.

Calm down!

• Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

Everybody getting twisted on every bit of news, when this is just negotiation tactics..  

I don’t want McKennie but everybody tells me to trust Monchi/Emery.  Then the same people are freaking out that this deal is all over the place and may not happen or could or couldn’t or other deals….they should take their own advice and trust Monchi/Emery because they know what they are doing and it’ll be ok.  They will make sure we are ok whether through this deal, an adjustment deal or other player deals.

Calm down!

Breathe In Help GIF

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Weird for people earlier in the thread to make up that Juve fans said he was a good player.

Wait, you telling me different Juventus fans have different opinions? 

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Calm down!

It’s honestly exhausting and I’m trying my best to ignore the speculation. We need more level headed stuff like this. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Amusing comments under a McKennie Instagram post.

All Juve fans begging him to leave.

Weird for people earlier in the thread to make up that Juve fans said he was a good player.

They all want him to leave so they can sign Luiz. That doesn't mean they think he's rubbish. 

Â