Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

2 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Doesn't Chiesa play wide right? Pretty sure we're covered there...

LW/LF. Would change the picture for SIL though, going from sitting behind Chiesa at Juve to the same at Villa. 

13 hours ago, CVByrne said:

£50k for a senior No2 GK with international football experience isn't high.

:lol:

You do say some funny things.

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Ffs, hopefully there’s another player to replace McKinnie in this deal 

Trying to stay positive about McKennie but take your pick from the below and all would help our squad in this deal...

Bremer, Federico Gatti, Daniele Rugani - Centre-Backs

Andrea Cambiaso - Left-Back

Mattia De Sciglio - Right-Back

Manuel Locatelli, Fabio Miretti, Nicolò Fagioli - Midfielders

Federico Chiesa, Mattias Soule, Kenan Yıldız - Wingers/Attackers

Dušan Vlahović - Centre-Forward

Obviously some more realistic than others. The main thing is that the deal will likely go through but if McKennie pulls out there's lot of options to salvage things even if it means altering the net cash amount

12 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Trying to stay positive about McKennie but take your pick from the below and all would help our squad in this deal...

Bremer, Federico Gatti, Daniele Rugani - Centre-Backs

Andrea Cambiaso - Left-Back

Mattia De Sciglio - Right-Back

Manuel Locatelli, Fabio Miretti, Nicolò Fagioli - Midfielders

Federico Chiesa, Mattias Soule, Kenan Yıldız - Wingers/Attackers

Dušan Vlahović - Centre-Forward

Obviously some more realistic than others. The main thing is that the deal will likely go through but if McKennie pulls out there's lot of options to salvage things even if it means altering the net cash amount

Work with a lot of Italians. Wide spread of clubs supported but mostly Juve and Torino. Every single one can't believe this is happening and say it's robbery by Juve.

Met a Milan fan today. "McKennie is really really shit" :lol:

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Work with a lot of Italians. Wide spread of clubs supported but mostly Juve and Torino. Every single one can't believe this is happening and say it's robbery by Juve.

Met a Milan fan today. "McKennie is really really shit" :lol:

Thats because he IS really, really shit. But we have no choice if we are to avoid a points deduction. This deal is the only game in town and we have to take it. 

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Thats because he IS really, really shit. But we have no choice if we are to avoid a points deduction. This deal is the only game in town and we have to take it. 

So there is a choice to be made.

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

So there is a choice to be made.

He won't sign a new contract and his deal expires in 2 years so I guess it's a case of getting what we can.

Can't help feel we have played this badly though.

10 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

He won't sign a new contract and his deal expires in 2 years so I guess it's a case of getting what we can.

Can't help feel we have played this badly though.

Which is poor considering the amount of time we’d have known about it. 

3 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I don’t know whether McKennie will be a good signing or not, but to think that Emery can’t make him a better player or that somehow Juventus has our arm tied around our backs making us accept this offer is ridiculous.

Emery and Monchi would not be taking players in any deal that they hadn’t researched and believed they could play a positive role in improving the squad.

You would think after 18 months of Emery there would be a little more trust from fans.l

How do you know this? 

Luiz going has become contingent on us signing McKennie and given all the financial issues we have, we are forced into a corner. 

I'm not sure how you know different but obviously you have contacts at the club or within the game so do spill the beans!

14 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

How do you know this? 

Luiz going has become contingent on us signing McKennie and given all the financial issues we have, we are forced into a corner. 

I'm not sure how you know different but obviously you have contacts at the club or within the game so do spill the beans!

It’s called history, see Seville, Villarreal etc.

It’s also called common sense, when they are trying to move on players who won’t impact on the squad, why would they sign players who would be essentially the same?

You can believe whatever narrative you want, but Emery isn’t signings players he doesn’t believe won’t improve the squad.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

It’s called history, see Seville, Villarreal etc.

It’s also called common sense, when they are trying to move on players who won’t impact on the squad, why would they sign players who would be essentially the same?

You can believe whatever narrative you want, but Emery isn’t signings players he doesn’t believe won’t improve the squad.

The circumstances are totally, completely different to his previous clubs. Ha e you not been following the PSR stuff?

We are in a pickle whether you like it or not and I know that for a fact, not a narrative.

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

The circumstances are totally, completely different to his previous clubs. Ha e you not been following the PSR stuff?

We are in a pickle whether you like it or not and I know that for a fact, not a narrative.

No, I’ve missed the PSR media for the past 12 months around the club……..

It still doesn’t mean that Emery and Monchi will just agree to sign cast offs from another club to satisfy PSR, that’s just your narrative because you and others don’t rate the players involved. Players like McKennie who were identified as potential signings under the previous head of football Lange.

You seem to forget that there are other players that could be sold to solve the potential PSR issue, but they chose this potential transfer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QldVilla said:

No, I’ve missed the PSR media for the past 12 months around the club……..

It still doesn’t mean that Emery and Monchi will just agree to sign cast offs from another club to satisfy PSR, that’s just your narrative because you and others don’t rate the players involved. Players like McKennie who were identified as potential signings under the previous head of football Lange.

You seem to forget that there are other players that could be sold to solve the potential PSR issue, but they chose this potential transfer.

But we ARE selling other players. Luiz is going as well and McKennie is being offered by Juve as part of the deal. A deal which must be done by the end of June. That's it. Nothing more to say on the matter. It's just how it is.

17 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

But we ARE selling other players. Luiz is going as well and McKennie is being offered by Juve as part of the deal. A deal which must be done by the end of June. That's it. Nothing more to say on the matter. It's just how it is.

If you want to pick and choose media reports to support your narrative, fill your boots.

Duran, Cash and others can achieve the same outcome. But as previously stated the club went with the Luiz transfer.

The club has a plan, I prefer to be patient and let it unfold, rather than making ill informed remarks on potential signings and the club.

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

If you want to pick and choose media reports to support your narrative, fill your boots.

Er, I don't get all my football transfer information from the media. So there you go.

Edited by GlobalVillan

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

McKennie is still coming as part of the deal and he will be fine.

I saw a suggestion that McKennie could be cover for Kamara, with Tielmans moving into Dougie's position and us signing another top midfielder.

I'm not sure if McKennies game is conducive to this, but in theory sounds like it would make sense to me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tayls said:

Which is poor considering the amount of time we’d have known about it. 

It isn’t, if we acted earlier we might’ve not qualify to CL. It’s a risk we’ve taken and it was a success despite whatever outcome (as long as it’s not relegation).

Â