Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

At least him and mcginn will have a laugh

Two Mc’s separated by a common language. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on Romano's video... It seems he'd actually be taking a pay cut to join us, hence Juventus need to stump up his salary difference compensation?

Supposedly he's "only" on £53k/w at Juve so that would be surprising. We are offering him less than we are paying Robin Olsen?

Edit: £ not €

Edited by sne

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Supposedly he's "only" on €53k/w at Juve so that would be surprising. We are offering him less than we are paying Robin Olsen?

I may have misunderstood it then.

He said " McKennie is very happy to join Aston Villa, the problem.is with Juventus, it's normal when your contract and salary is different from what you are going to get at your new club, to agree on some kind of conpensation " 🤔

I could be totally off.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on Romano's video... It seems he'd actually be taking a pay cut to join us, hence Juventus need to stump up his salary difference compensation?

It's always something unique to do with the specifics of the contract. For example he might be owed bonus payments at end of the contract year. So end of June for example but he'd have joined Villa before then so might want his bonus paid even though he's left before the year end of the contract. Something random like that.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Olsen is nowhere near on that wage. His issues stem from Juve withholding payments. 

That's the salary that was reported when we signed him and that's the salary you find on most pages when you google it. Seen one site that has him on £33k, would be great if that's correct.

1 minute ago, sne said:

That's the salary that was reported when we signed him and that's the salary you find on most pages when you google it. Seen one site that has him on £33k, would be great if that's correct.

£50k for a senior No2 GK with international football experience isn't high. So it's probably about that price.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

£50k for a senior No2 GK with international football experience isn't high. So it's probably about that price.

My issue with that contract has always been that we almost doubled his salary from what he was on at Roma. We really didn't need to do that IMO.

In a 3-player deal as complex as this I imagine negotiations have been going on for many weeks, probably months. The claim in some Italian outlets that we're only just now learning how much McKennie would want to be paid is a bit absurd: and reliable sources like Romano have made it pretty clear that from our end it's pretty much all done and it's just final arrangements between Juve/McKennie.

Edited by wishywashy

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Olsen is nowhere near on that wage. His issues stem from Juve withholding payments. 

Juve acting dodgy? Never

• Haha 2

Romano is a mouthpiece for agents and sometimes clubs. In exchange for that he gets snippets and first notice when deals are done. He reports the stories in the way that suits whoever is supplying him with the information.

Just now, sne said:

Romano is a mouthpiece for agents and sometimes clubs. In exchange for that he gets snippets and first notice when deals are done. He reports the stories in the way that suits whoever is supplying him with the information.

Which is true. There’s also random websites claiming Weston wants a bigger wage. I don’t think that’s as plausible. I don’t think we’d let wage demands hold up a deal with the complications like this. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sne said:

I think that applies to most reliable transfer journalism tbf, it's typically finely controlled and intentional nowadays. Equally there are still many exceptions for the outlets which still make stuff up for a living or try to add up 2+2 from other sources.

But there's absolutely no chance that a 3-way deal as complex as this hasn't been thrashed out for a very long time, ages before the media have been let on about it. The suggestion that we'd only just now be learning how much McKennie wants in wages at this stage seems pretty difficult to believe

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â