Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Trust the data and scouting department rather than most opinions on here - so if they want him then cool sign him up

Agreed. Such is my unwavering faith in King Unai and the team that I’d trust them even if they signed Scott Hogan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

McKennie has a good engine and gets up and down the pitch. Good presser and a workhorse. He’s basically a more central Matty Cash.

Or Connor Gallagher?

3 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Agreed. Such is my unwavering faith in King Unai and the team that I’d trust them even if they signed Scott Hogan.

Just imagine the how high the touch count would be with Unai's coaching

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

I’m going to wait until he’s kicked a ball for us before writing him off.

He may be success.

We're taking an unnecessarily big risk IMO.

One of our best players for a prospect and a guy who flopped in PL before. That is some punt.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Trust the data and scouting department rather than most opinions on here - so if they want him then cool sign him up

If it was just a normal buy then maybe

As it is it's not, he's a bi product of us having to sell Luiz, you'd do well to convince me that the driver of this deal is that we want McKennie, we don't we want the money for PSR, we're only getting McKennie because juve can't afford the £60m for luiz 

You're not going to convince me that our scouts rate McKennie higher than luiz 

This is a needs must transfer, nothing more than that 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, trillvillan said:

But what I was initially referring to was he’s naturally accustomed to warmer temperatures and his fast twitch muscles fibers are that of a naturally warmer climate - he’s just one of those athletes. It happens. It’s happened to other players in the past and they can’t adapt to the Prem and its hectic lifestyle. Again, McKennie is one of those types. 

I can get into further detail but most still wouldn’t understand. Same goes for you. 

In the literature that you provided, no where was it stated that some athletes are predisposed to being "more cold" than others. Furthermore, in the academic study you provided:

1. Occasional sports exposed to colder air environments: These sports or activities are primarily non-winter sports but have occasional inclement weather situations that are terrestrial based, which might affect performance and health. These sports would include soccer, American football, cross country running, orienteering, cyclocross, ultra-endurance running/cycling events on trails, and marathon canoeing. In these sports/activities, the primary consideration would be to enhance performance in cool environments to extreme heat environments, however, due to climatic events or scheduling of competitions in cold weather regions of the world these sports might face unexpected cold exposure. For these sports, the recommendations, would be to increase the amount of protective clothing that is employed pre-competition, have additional clothing than normal for in competition, and ensure that the competitors maintain increased coverage of skin to reduce the convective, conductive, and radiation cooling. Given that these competitors are not habituated to cool or cold weather, preparation could include cold water immersion and increased preparation period in the new environment. Where appropriate education of coaches and athletes on the influence of cold environments on muscle temperature and cold related injury should be provided by competition organizers, and practitioners/support staff.

It's a fixable/preventable by using more clothing and prep work.

TL/DR, at this level, there is no reason to believe that McKinnie being a "warm blooded Texan" has anything to do with any potential mishaps in performance or something that cannot be fixed.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If it was just a normal buy then maybe

As it is it's not, he's a bi product of us having to sell Luiz, you'd do well to convince me that the driver of this deal is that we want McKennie, we don't we want the money for PSR, we're only getting McKennie because juve can't afford the £60m for luiz 

You're not going to convince me that our scouts rate McKennie higher than luiz 

This is a needs must transfer, nothing more than that 

There’s no way we’re bringing a player here that we don’t want.

Unfortunately, we’re probably going to have to accept that Emery wants McKennie

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

There’s no way we’re bringing a player here that we don’t want.

Unfortunately, we’re probably going to have to accept that Emery wants McKennie

Want or settled for because our hands are tied?

Are we really saying that if PSR wasn't a thing this deal would be happening? 

If we weren't selling luiz to juve would we be buying McKennie? Personally, absolutely not a **** chance 

• Like 3

However important and urgent the need to meet PSR, I genuinely don’t think Unai signs off on any deal he isn’t content with.

In practice it’s probably not too dissimilar to the Duran deal. I recall that was in the works for some time and by the time it was becoming a possibility, Unai is in charge and gives it the go ahead to proceed. Probably not his absolute dream purchase, but it also ain’t happening without his blessing.

I think Unai thinks he can work with McKennie. Who knows, we may see another quick increase in player valuation like Duran and sell after a year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If we weren't selling luiz to juve would we be buying McKennie? Personally, absolutely not a **** chance 

I’m thinking it’s purely a depth signing which I don’t really mind as long as that’s the case. As long as we actually replace Luiz I think it’s fine 

On 26/08/2021 at 15:13, Big Salad said:

Come on Villa please please please please please please please please please please make this happen.

I have been following Weston for so long now and for him to sign for Villa would be just amazing

Your dream is about to come true

On 26/08/2021 at 14:58, CVByrne said:

He is better than any central midfielder currently at our club. So if we pull this off it would be a big coup

Sounds exciting

On 26/08/2021 at 14:54, Vive_La_Villa said:

I smell bullshit.

Lots of good journalist have reported it. 

Edited by Pongo Waring

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You arw aware Emery tried to buy him previously?

• Like 1

Â