Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

Poor deal, two squad options on high salaries and loose one of your best players for peanuts.

Still dont believe it before I see it on AVFC official. Monchi goes down in valuation if this is true.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"I can think of no more improbable story than the American midfielder transforming himself into a crucial player for this team. McKennie has gone from a flop at Juventus to a flop at Leeds to a defensive bastion back at Juventus. His ability to play wingback on the right or as a midfielder is extremely valuable with Allegri and the current roster.

"McKennie’s aerial presence is helpful on both sides of the ball, and we’ve seen glimpses in the past (as well as on the U.S. men’s national team) of some creative playmaking abilities, but right now this team needs him to be a force defensively, and that’s exactly what he’s doing. He’s contributing defensively without a lot of flash; this is exactly the type of player you want on your team, the glue."

Aston Villa transfer target is self-confessed 'Joker in the pack' having improbable last laugh - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

I heard that he can only play between August and October and then March to May. 

Something about being from America and having a warmer than usual body?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cizzler said:

I mean, Djimi Traore won the CL. Doesn't mean he was a good defender.

I'm not pretending I know more than the people in charge at the club, anyway. Just saying it's interesting preparation for a CL campaign. Getting rid of our best CM (and arguably best player) for two players who have struggled before in the Prem. It's difficult to see this as moving forwards.

It was one of the complaints about Europe last season that our players were maybe too inexperienced for European games

Not saying best idea but could be something club looked at

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

24 champions league appearances. Is that more than the rest of the squad combined ?

Digne is on 25 apparently

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trillvillan said:

Seen enough of him for the USMNT as well and he’s a pedestrian in those games against some very bad international sides. Lacks no inspiration, no excitement. Very dull and there’s many other USMNT players better than him. I’ll take Yunus Musah every day of the week and twice on Sunday over him. 

Yet McKennie got 16 more starts than him last season when the clubs just finished 4 points apart

Musah has talent for the future

27 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

You have literally just called him an exciting and inspirational player.

You know what I meant, it’s been a long day and these forums aren’t helping with these terrible rumors 🤣

Yunus might be one for the future and is probably better in the middle third of the pitch compared to McKennie. 

But McKennie has more impact in the attacking and defensive third. 

Again - it’s a silly comparison to Luiz but they will continue nonetheless. 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yet McKennie got 16 more starts than him last season when the clubs just finished 4 points apart

Musah has talent for the future

I’m judging him off what he’s done for previous clubs and the USMNT as that’s where I’ve watched him and know well enough of him even dating back to his academy days at FC Dallas - he’s more often crap and bang average in the USMNT. We shouldn’t be signing him, nor is he even remotely near the levels of Luiz. 

If he was “so good” for Juve, why are Juve so happy to get rid? 

• Like 1

Just now, trillvillan said:

I’m judging him off what he’s done for previous clubs and the USMNT as that’s where I’ve watched him and know well enough of him even dating back to his academy days at FC Dallas - he’s more often crap and bang average in the USMNT. We shouldn’t be signing him, nor is he even remotely near the levels of Luiz. 

If he was “so good” for Juve, why are Juve so happy to get rid? 

If he’s “so bad” why does Emery want to sign him?

• Like 1

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

If he’s “so bad” why does Emery want to sign him?

Has Emery come out to say that? It’s a makeshift weight to get Luiz sold if anything and we shouldn’t be entertaining it. 

Again, if he’s so good, why are Juve so reluctant to sell and take one of our best players off of us… Hell, you even have other clubs fans saying Juve are pulling one over us if this deal comes to fruition. 

1 minute ago, trillvillan said:

Has Emery come out to say that? It’s a makeshift weight to get Luiz sold if anything and we shouldn’t be entertaining it. 

Again, if he’s so good, why are Juve so reluctant to sell and take one of our best players off of us… Hell, you even have other clubs fans saying Juve are pulling one over us if this deal comes to fruition. 

Why are we desperate to move Dougie in a makeweight if he is one of our best players?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

Have Juve come out and said that? Maybe it’s a makeshift weight to get Luiz bought.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Why are we desperate to move Dougie in a makeweight if he is one of our best players?

Because of FFP/PSR… Our hands are tied with that farse. I think it’s all bullsh*t. 

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Have Juve come out and said that? Maybe it’s a makeshift weight to get Luiz bought.

If they’ve approached us with that horrendous deal in exchange for Luiz - yes. 

McKennie is crap compared to Luiz. 

23 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

If they’ve approached us with that horrendous deal in exchange for Luiz - yes. 

McKennie is crap compared to Luiz. 

You have no idea if we approached them for McKennie to be included.

27 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Impossible. It only goes one way. We had our pants down etc. Sky is falling. 

Classic VT, writing a player off before he's kicked a ball for us. If Unai wants him in the squad, so do I. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â