Weston McKennie

CarryOnVilla

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

His turnaround at Juve last season was so impressive that Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport ranked him as the club's best player of the season so far at the start of the year.

• Like 1

If he does come, does he get us more attention in the lucrative US market? Are they bothered where their international players play their club football? If so I'm all for it. We need more exposure.

If not, then I can only hope we'll be bringing in better later on in the window and this lad is help improve the squad.

• Like 1

McKennie and Tielemans would definitely be the fattest midfield in the league.

He's got ability, but the old stories about him going out and partying are really concerning.

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

On a serious note - I think it's more likely we're seeing him as a supplement to Kamara than a replacement for Dougie.

And if you think of it like that, it makes a lot more sense.

thing is tho, he isnt a 6, many have said that the reason he tanked at Leeds is because Tyler Adams got injured and McKennie was asked to play a lot of games at 6 and it doesnt suit him, a bit like luiz tbh.

McKennie is more of a Luiz type than a Kamara type i think.

from what i have read/seen, McKennie is more of an 8, or an 8/10, and not a 6.

18 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

If he does come, does he get us more attention in the lucrative US market? Are they bothered where their international players play their club football? If so I'm all for it. We need more exposure.

If not, then I can only hope we'll be bringing in better later on in the window and this lad is help improve the squad.

I was thinking the same thing, he's a big player for US team. Especially with a World Cup coming in 2 years time it would be a big help for us to have a marketable US star in our team. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

McKennie and Tielemans would definitely be the fattest midfield in the league.

He's got ability, but the old stories about him going out and partying are really concerning.

What about all the videos of our club captain out partying during the season? Surely you should be very worried about McGinn? Very worried.

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

What about all the videos of our club captain out partying during the season? Surely you should be very worried about McGinn? Very worried.

When? After we'd confirmed Champions League? Or a different time.

I'm always worried about McGinn.

McKennie’s recent interviews show a far more humble and reflective attitude. He’s shown real aptitude for Juve. He will arrive with a point to prove and brings plenty of experience. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Both actually have Champions League experience

I mean, Djimi Traore won the CL. Doesn't mean he was a good defender.

I'm not pretending I know more than the people in charge at the club, anyway. Just saying it's interesting preparation for a CL campaign. Getting rid of our best CM (and arguably best player) for two players who have struggled before in the Prem. It's difficult to see this as moving forwards.

Edited by Cizzler

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Well it's two players who can play in an Emery system (presumably) rather than one, which is handy at least. Plus the PSR/FFP fix, plus a high-potential youngster. 

Quality over quantity. 

It it's an FFP fix we needed, then I'd rather have just taken the money. When I've watched him before in this league, he wasn't good enough.

Will still support him if he joins and I'm the first to admit I get a lot wrong (I was against the Archer/Ramsey sales, I wrote off McGinn and Watkins, etc, etc) - but just going off what PL football I've seen. Douglas Luiz is a level above both Barkley and McKennie. We've gone backwards in CM if this materialises (in my opinion).

Can’t say I recall seeing him play, so reserve judgement until I see what Emery can do with him. Let’s not forget people thought Tielemans was rubbish when he first played for us 

Â