Austin MacPhee

Strog

13 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I’m surprised this thread hasn’t been bumped today. As I said in the match thread, he was the big loser of today’s game - we had loads of set pieces and most of them were terrible.

What’s frustrating is we know he has had a positive impact on performances in general, so why do we have these games where everything just goes wrong? I get that it can be fine margins and a slightly mistimed run turns a world class set piece routine into a farce, but it felt like that kept happening over and over again today.

Absolutely nothing on him yesterday, his plans were badly executed. Digne messing up 2 set pieces isnt on him

13 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I’m surprised this thread hasn’t been bumped today. As I said in the match thread, he was the big loser of today’s game - we had loads of set pieces and most of them were terrible.

What’s frustrating is we know he has had a positive impact on performances in general, so why do we have these games where everything just goes wrong? I get that it can be fine margins and a slightly mistimed run turns a world class set piece routine into a farce, but it felt like that kept happening over and over again today.

Harsh to blame Austin MacPhee really, there was a couple which just had execution. Matty Cash should have done better with his and Tielemans was found the edge of the box on his own which was a decent save. There was some poor execution from players yesterday. 

good to see the vibe has changed on here. there was a time where he'd have been hammered because of our poor set piece execution yesterday and aside from 1 person everyone acknowledges that it wasn't down to him

• Like 2

At the ground yesterday there were a few people around me moaning at the short free kicks and not just banging balls into the box. It beggars belief when we have had a good record of scoring from unusual set piece routines that some would still rather just lump crosses into the box every set piece.

I think MacPhee's job is more impressive due to the height profile of our team. Particularly without Onana yesterday we don't really have any great targets for set pieces hence why we quite often go for the unexpected. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

There were some proper mouth breathers behind me.  Constantly whinging about timekeeping, booking people, "Come on!!", "Gerrit Ferword!".  I wouldn't mind, but its every **** game. 

On the basis of Villa since Unai Emery, sit down, shut the **** up and for once before coming to VP, could you wash your **** cocks please?  They **** stink. 

Also shouted to Garnacho that "He's a BUTCH LESBIAN!!".  Nice one, fat boy. 

More shame to the equally sloping fore-headed idiots around, giggling at him. 

Chris heck - time to raise the prices again mate 👍

I was trying to think, what other forms of entrance to breathing does the Human Anatomy have?🤣

I sat behind some folk like that many moons ago, in the Trinity, and moved, ....The Booze don't help, it turns them in to budding commentators😀

The sad thing about the talking through a game is, its just self indulgent....if only they knew.

I think he does a good job.

I know he has to shake it up a bit, so as not too be predictable.....but I do like the Arsenal rendition of rendezvous at the back post and run forward to avoid being marked.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I was trying to think, what other forms of entrance to breathing does the Human Anatomy have?🤣

Oh dear :lol: 

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I sat behind some folk like that many moons ago, in the Trinity, and moved, ....The Booze don't help, it turns them in to budding commentators😀

The sad thing about the talking through a game is, its just self indulgent....if only they knew.

Thing is, if I were to ever turn round and ask them be quiet, I know they'd either 1) get physical or 2) be even worse, as I know they've sat there for at least 4/5 years and I'm a part-timer (until this season).

But unless we're comfortably winning, it's the same - they moan and moan and moan.  Set Peices are a classic too (on topic).

Do I want an atmosphere?  Yes.  Do I want the fans to get behind the players if they make mistakes, not shit on them?  Yes. 

I mean, considering the state of them, I'm surprised they can get up the Holte Upper stairs, unless they're getting the lift.. How can they say anything about Leon Bailey trying to score from a flying volley, and not doing it?  :lol: 

Should have to do an IQ test before they let them in the stadium :D 

Edited by lapal_fan

3 hours ago, RichW said:

Harsh to blame Austin MacPhee really, there was a couple which just had execution. Matty Cash should have done better with his and Tielemans was found the edge of the box on his own which was a decent save. There was some poor execution from players yesterday. 

I wasn’t blaming him - more a comment on how he will have been feeling during / after the game. I imagine he was very frustrated.

It was a question about what went wrong. You can say “players didn’t execute” but the genius of the best coaches is they get the players to execute for them consistently.

I wonder if the busy fixture schedule makes it tougher for him to do his job

48 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Oh dear :lol: 

Thing is, if I were to ever turn round and ask them be quiet, I know they'd either 1) get physical or 2) be even worse, as I know they've sat there for at least 4/5 years and I'm a part-timer (until this season).

But unless we're comfortably winning, it's the same - they moan and moan and moan.  Set Peices are a classic too (on topic).

Do I want an atmosphere?  Yes.  Do I want the fans to get behind the players if they make mistakes, not shit on them?  Yes. 

I mean, considering the state of them, I'm surprised they can get up the Holte Upper stairs, unless they're getting the lift.. How can they say anything about Leon Bailey trying to score from a flying volley, and not doing it?  :lol: 

Should have to do an IQ test before they let them in the stadium :D 

There's a thought......IQ test over there, and the scales are over there.

How Dare I.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Also shouted to Garnacho that "He's a BUTCH LESBIAN!!".  Nice one, fat boy. 

Ridiculous. 

He's not butch. 

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Imagine the queues to get into the stadium!

Good job, I went on a diet, to get through my turnstile.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If Austin ain't getting his head on at least one of those crosses on Sunday then he's got to go blud.

When was the last time he even won a header ffs. It's a joke.

Is this AFTV?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â