Mario Hermoso

MadridVilla

Signing for Inter according to some sources 

Signing for us according to others 

or click bait 

take your pick 

1 hour ago, Jenko#4 said:

I think Hermoso will be the cover for Torres. Mings will then become the defensive alternative to Maatsen, similar to how Konsa was the Cash alternative at RB last season. (he started as a LB at Ipswich I believe). We will then sell both Moreno & Digne. One in the summer, and one in January if/once Tyrone is up to speed.  

This then gives us the option to play a combination of 2, 3, or 4 defensively minded defenders dependant on the opposition, and dependant on the side we need to be more defensive, similar to how City play 3 or 4x CBs in some games . 

So-

LB attacking- Maatsen

LB defensive- Mings

LCB #1- Torres

LCB #2- Hermoso

RCB #1- Konsa

RCB #2- Carlos

RB attacking- Cash

RB defensive- Nedeljkovic

All options covered…..

Cash is not the option, he isnt good enough.

We either need a new RCB if Konsa is going to be the defensive RB, or a new RB if Konsa is going to be primarily a RCB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Cash is not the option, he isnt good enough.

We either need a new RCB if Konsa is going to be the defensive RB, or a new RB if Konsa is going to be primarily a RCB.

I know he’s young, but it’s kinda surprising no one seems to think our new Serbian RB is going to get a look in. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Awol said:

I know he’s young, but it’s kinda surprising no one seems to think our new Serbian RB is going to get a look in. 

he might, i had him as backup/competition, which is why i said if Konsa was RB we didnt need Cash, and if Konsa is CB, we need someone to compete with Kosta Nedj, who isnt Cash.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

There’s no way Mings plays a minute at left back. He said a while back he didn’t see himself playing that role again, and that’s prior to his injury last season. He just won’t have the mobility, nor will he want to risk being turned inside out by premier league wingers week in week out. I think he’ll be 4th choice centre back, getting the closing stages of games for a while yet.

If we want to have the option to switch it and play a defensive left back with a more advance right wing back, it will be this guy (or an alternative new signing).

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

There’s no way Mings plays a minute at left back. He said a while back he didn’t see himself playing that role again, and that’s prior to his injury last season. He just won’t have the mobility, nor will he want to risk being turned inside out by premier league wingers week in week out. I think he’ll be 4th choice centre back, getting the closing stages of games for a while yet.

If we want to have the option to switch it and play a defensive left back with a more advance right wing back, it will be this guy (or an alternative new signing).

I'm sure Ezri never say himself playing Left Back either... But hey... 🤷🏽‍♂️

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

yeah but the question is whether Mings is physically up to that role, and I’m guessing he’s probably not - got his big injury at Bournemouth playing as a LB, too. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah but Konsa is younger, leaner, lighter, etc so he is capable of playing there.

Mings over the years has developed himself physically to play as a centre back. And in doing so made it harder for him to play in a role which is more about chasing players, agility etc. Even without the latest ACL he’d struggle playing LB again.

Micah Richards was the same, used to be a great right back, but he just bulked up too much and couldn’t play there to save his life by the time he got to us, as we had to witness a few times. In the end his physique meant he couldn’t play at all.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Has Hermoso signed for anyone yet?  

You know you could just Google this, right? :lol: 

But no, he's still a free agent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Man needs to make a decision. Going to end up missing league games for a team if he keeps taking his sweet time.

Probably has no actual offers on the table

Will be a bit surprised if we bring in another left sided centre back, who will presumably expect to start. Unless Mings isn't ready to return for a while and Hermoso is happy rotating with Pau?

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's a free agent not being paid for this month. 

Fairly sure he's got a bit stashed away to pay his bills for a few weeks. Doubt he'll be claiming dole just yet...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â