Mario Hermoso

MadridVilla

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Might be alone in this but for reasonable wages I'd take Memphis on a 1-2yr deal - probably more than Hermoso now we have Maatsen.

CL experience, can play in 1 or 2 up front, FK/Pen taker and hugely talented. "Just" need to keep him focused but he's more mature now than his United days

34 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Might be alone in this but for reasonable wages I'd take Memphis on a 1-2yr deal - probably more than Hermoso now we have Maatsen.

CL experience, can play in 1 or 2 up front, FK/Pen taker and hugely talented. "Just" need to keep him focused but he's more mature now than his United days

Depay is a talented player, no doubt. Yet to me, he’s just a Dutch Jessie Lingard. Quick to be distracted by social media nonsense. It’s hindered his overall potential  

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Atletico pay really high wages so I wouldn't be surprised if we scrapped a deal to keep our squad cost down.  I doubt he would take a pay cut when leaving on a free transfer.

I think we will be signing a younger CB. It would leave Ezri at our youngest first team CB at 26.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He was on 140k a week ar Atletici. Chambers be lucky to be on 50k a week

There's no chance he was on 140k. He does according to a website that says Jan Oblak on 400k a week. As in total bs.

The reports from Italy seem to be around €90k and three years are the offers he's getting. Napoli for example. That seems about right. I'd say Chambers is on £50k as he joined as a senior player so that's €60k so 2/3rd of the reported offer in Italy for Hermoso 

Premier League wages are higher than elsewhere. It's why we compete with all bar the Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and PSGs of Europe for players 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I think we will be signing a younger CB. It would leave Ezri at our youngest first team CB at 26.

I think if we move Carlos on we'll go for a younger right footed CB.

There's no chance we go into the season with just Pau, Carlos and Konsa fit and waiting on Mings (reports September return). When we often play 3 CBs in a game. We'll add one as Chambers and Lenglet leave. Then a one out one in if Carlos leaves 

Real, Barca & Atletico pay absurd wages. Atletico are trying to reduce this and have over the last few seasons by loaning out Felix and others. Gone from almost €200m to closer to €140m. Depay & Hermoso leaving is part of the salary dump. They are in a similar but less severe situation to Barca in that they have to reduce salaries to be allowed to register new players.

Edit: For example Diego Simeone has been the highest paid manager in the world for most of his time there.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Mings is the key for this move. Im not sure mings will be the same aftee that injury so i would be favour of this move

For me it's a catch 22.

Mings is already ours and very much engrained in the club.

Probably on lower wages too.

If the indications are that he will be fine, it saves us a tonne of expense and headache.

Even as just a " squad " player.

Although Hermoso is a couple years younger.

Don't know much about him but unless he is MUCH better than Mings I'm not sure if it's necessary.

Then again that's different if/when one of Digne or Moreno move on.

41 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

There's no chance he was on 140k. He does according to a website that says Jan Oblak on 400k a week. As in total bs.

The reports from Italy seem to be around €90k and three years are the offers he's getting. Napoli for example. That seems about right. I'd say Chambers is on £50k as he joined as a senior player so that's €60k so 2/3rd of the reported offer in Italy for Hermoso 

Premier League wages are higher than elsewhere. It's why we compete with all bar the Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and PSGs of Europe for players 

He was a Spanish international when he signed and was a time Atletico were paying big wages

Atletico are usually a top 10 wage bill club and have a higher wage bill than Liverpool and Spurs plus us and Juve

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For me it's a catch 22.

Mings is already ours and very much engrained in the club.

Probably on lower wages too.

If the indications are that he will be fine, it saves us a tonne of expense and headache.

Even as just a " squad " player.

Although Hermoso is a couple years younger.

Don't know much about him but unless he is MUCH better than Mings I'm not sure if it's necessary.

Then again that's different if/when one of Digne or Moreno move on.

The problem is we wont know until season starts can we run risk of having defensive issues like last season? Its a gamble i dont think im willing to take this season with so much at stake

9 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Italy report wages after tax, so it’d be more like €150-60k per week pre tax. 

He looks an okay player, but a left footed centre back should not be a priority. We need a beast to play alongside Torres, not to deputise for him. 

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Most would think a right sided centre back is needed but maybe Hermoso is arriving soon—how would we set up? How would he fit in?

We must be getting close to the record number of left footers in a squad.  As a fellow left footer I’m delighted after decades of being in the minority.  Left footers are about to take over the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Most would think a right sided centre back is needed but maybe Hermoso is arriving soon—how would we set up? How would he fit in?

People put too much weight on having left and right footed CB combo. It's not that important. 

Also it wouldn't surprise me if digne and Moreno left this summer. Hermoso would cover CB and left back. 

Just now, villa89 said:

People put too much weight on having left and right footed CB combo. It's not that important. 

Also it wouldn't surprise me if digne and Moreno left this summer. Hermoso would cover CB and left back. 

I mean, there’s a reason you rarely see two left footed centre backs.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â