Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

3 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

I've always wondered about this.

So just to clarify.

The best outcome for the club is if merchandise is purchased from the club store or online club store.

Kit purchases through Adidas and JD Sports will still count towards the total amount of kits sold and a potential bonus to the club from the adidas deal.

Is this correct ?

I’d presume that JD would essentially sub-distribute for us. We would sell them X-thousand shirts in bulk and at a price well under RRP, and they would sell them on at RRP and make a profit themselves.

Both the shirts we sell to JD and the shirts we sell down our own route would count towards the Adidas sales target, but we would be selling our ones at a profit that we get to keep 100% of, so better for the club. 

The JD deal spreads the kits further and wider across the globe, so increases our presence in the global market, but we essentially pay a small premium to JD for that by losing some of our profit.

Thats how I’d imagine it would work, but happy to be corrected. 

• Like 1

Just seen the video of the players walking out last night...through the corporate bar...

Horrible 

I know city and spurs have tried it but with a glass screen between the fans and players, not seen anything on how that all works and costs though

Just not right 

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Just seen the video of the players walking out last night...through the corporate bar...

I know city and spurs have tried it but with a glass screen between the fans and players, not seen anything on how that all works and costs though

Man City have the glass tunnel club seats which costs £1,600 a ticket. 

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Ah ok, sorry. Saw it on Twitter, presumed it must be a new thing as some Newcastle fan has already written an article on it.

Wasn't aimed at you, was aimed at people on Twitter who have been going on about it the past few days as if it's a new thing. I remember checking what odds Villa were for a top four finish during pre-season last year and thinking Sky Bet are getting a bit carried away with Newcastle here. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Following is poorly structured as I just woke up:

Idk what thread to put this post in.

I know f all about managing a football team but I know my way around marketing. I don't get the point of this US tour. We want to grow our US fanbase? I think we've done nothing at all.

- Our star players stayed at home. We could have at least flown them out, put them on light training schedules, done some fan engagement and given them more time off to recharge mentally and physically in the US.

- Fan engagement has been generally poor from what I can tell. It starts with players walking straight down the tunnel and not bothering to acknowledge the fans who made the trip from all corners of the US.

- Social media coverage has been extremely poor. 1-2 player interviews and a few reels/shorts of players saying "good morning" and answering a question like "what game show would you like to be in?" I don't live in the US, so I can't be sure about the lack of fan meet ups, but surely if they did do some events they'd post it on social media. No content related to US culture. Off the top of my head I'm thinking of US food tasting, visiting a ranch/farm, veteran villa fans, shooting range, hollywood quiz, visiting charities, short player vlog in the streets of NYC, just give a player with a flair for content a GoPro and tell him to film whatever he wants around camp (like Germany did with Deniz Undav at the Euros). Training videos have been 2-4 minutes eg. Barca are dropping 6-8 minute videos almost every day, which can be chopped in to numerous clips for short formats.

- Playing attractive football and winning games will get you fans abroad. You think any fan in the stadium will think to themselves "I will now support Villa" after watching shit performances like that? The less I say about the last 2 games the better. You sell pre season match passes for £25 and schedule games at 1/2am? Would be nice if you showed more on the pitch so fans at home don't feel like complete dickheads for paying and watching that shite until 4am.

It genuinly feels like a missed opportunity and waste of money.

Seeing the Times Square stuff, it’s almost like they had a plan 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Spend 50k on a billboard for a day with a 20 second ad slot every 10 minutes or so with zero trackable data regarding reach, website visits, shirt sales etc.?

Basically spending the money for 2-3 posts worth of social media content and an opportunity for Heck to show NSWE "hey, look what I've done! :D"

13 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

I know f all about managing a football team but I know my way around marketing. I don't get the point of this US tour. We want to grow our US fanbase? I think we've done nothing at all.

- Our star players stayed at home. We could have at least flown them out, put them on light training schedules, done some fan engagement and given them more time off to recharge mentally and physically in the US.

- Fan engagement has been generally poor from what I can tell. It starts with players walking straight down the tunnel and not bothering to acknowledge the fans who made the trip from all corners of the US.

- Social media coverage has been extremely poor. 1-2 player interviews and a few reels/shorts of players saying "good morning" and answering a question like "what game show would you like to be in?" I don't live in the US, so I can't be sure about the lack of fan meet ups, but surely if they did do some events they'd post it on social media. No content related to US culture. Off the top of my head I'm thinking of US food tasting, visiting a ranch/farm, veteran villa fans, shooting range, hollywood quiz, visiting charities, short player vlog in the streets of NYC, just give a player with a flair for content a GoPro and tell him to film whatever he wants around camp (like Germany did with Deniz Undav at the Euros). Training videos have been 2-4 minutes eg. Barca are dropping 6-8 minute videos almost every day, which can be chopped in to numerous clips for short formats.

- Playing attractive football and winning games will get you fans abroad. You think any fan in the stadium will think to themselves "I will now support Villa" after watching shit performances like that? The less I say about the last 2 games the better. You sell pre season match passes for £25 and schedule games at 1/2am? Would be nice if you showed more on the pitch so fans at home don't feel like complete dickheads for paying and watching that shite until 4am.

Is this you?

spacer.png

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Eminem looks appalled at the drop shadow

Side note, in image I just added, seems they used the textured gold lion 

Edit, they had all the variants including monogram versions too it seems!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Side note, in image I just added, seems they used the textured gold lion 

Edit, they had all the variants including monogram versions too it seems!

I actually quite like the textured lion version of the badge. 

• Like 2

On 01/08/2024 at 21:12, LxYoungAVFC said:

So much to digest in the post but seems like you missed the mark on a number of points. Whether it’s being cranky from the lack of sleep or missed Brekky. But applauding the effort. 

19 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

To back up @LxYoungAVFC's point... they could do all that as well as the times square thing.  It's not an either or thing. 

There's way more we could have made out of this tour, especially if the football is going to be just "we're using this for fitness only" crap.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

To back up @LxYoungAVFC's point... they could do all that as well as the times square thing.  It's not an either or thing. 

There's way more we could have made out of this tour, especially if the football is going to be just "we're using this for fitness only" crap.

completely agree.  Even if the kits and whatnot weren't ready- they still have many other pieces of merch that Villa currently is selling.  Why couldn't they box up some of it and have a few pop up kiosks at each match?  Sell Villa merch (t-shirts, memorabilia, etc.)?  Seems like a no brainer.  I also agree about the lack of fan engagement, more social media features around locally with players, etc.

The whole thing just appears to be done haphazardly- with the exception of the Times Square gig.

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Eminem looks appalled at the drop shadow

He is probably writing his next diss track about it. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â