Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Heck yeah 

Haha. Nice one.

I'm thinking this isn't exclusive, but continent-specific and just for certain markets, so other completely separate retail partnerships can still be established in other markets, right? I think I've answered my own question.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Posted (edited)

Do we have an arm-patch sponsor? Must be hard to decide how to use that kind of sponsorship real estate.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

I'm hoping this means I can take a dander into my local JD here in Ireland, stand and admire a Villa display,  maybe try on a jersey and get a good fit without the hassle of a return.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Do they (JD) have presence overseas or they are uk only brand?

They have 5 or 6 stores here in Bangkok. 

9 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I think the JD partnership is an exciting one. The Villa kit/merch will be visible across cities and airports and much further reach than we’ve ever had. Can’t wait to pop into JD in town (mate) and actually see something Villa related. 

I’ve mentioned airports on here before, particularly Birmingham. The footfall is massive, there is a captive audience of 1000s a day all looking for souvenirs for family and to kill time, yet every time I’ve been you could buy England, United, Chelsea, Arsenal shirts, but not ours which is madness. Hopefully this now fixes it, as I reckon we could do huge numbers just from JD at BHX alone. 

1 hour ago, Jenko#4 said:

I’ve mentioned airports on here before, particularly Birmingham. The footfall is massive, there is a captive audience of 1000s a day all looking for souvenirs for family and to kill time, yet every time I’ve been you could buy England, United, Chelsea, Arsenal shirts, but not ours which is madness. Hopefully this now fixes it, as I reckon we could do huge numbers just from JD at BHX alone. 

We should have our own shop in the airport, loads and f European clubs do that. 

40 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

We should have our own shop in the airport, loads and f European clubs do that. 

The rent + costs of being air side would be horrific 

Same as we won't be putting a shop in the bullring any time soon, they take the piss with the rates 

Edit - when I did a construction project there (but I only did pre construction for about 6 months) we were told that boots and w h smith have a secure warehouse unit over the road from the airport landside, they get all their normal deliveries there, they have to unpack it all, get it checked by security and scanned, then they repackage it all and wrap it with some sort of "checked" bundle, they then load it up again and drive through the airport airside security gate who stop them and check the bundles but don't have to open them

Villa can't make that pay

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The rent + costs of being air side would be horrific 

Just sell beer and english breakfasts at the same time. 

• Haha 2

So I had the unfortunate pleasure of being dragged to Clarksons Farm last weekend and I'm not being funny, but the queue to stand in a tiny farm shop, filled with overpriced stuff was absolutely mental.  I'm talking 2000 on Saturday/Sundays.

His beer, is making him an absolute killing almost everywhere in the Cotswolds and is annoyingly, really **** nice.

We should sell it at VP.

Hawkstone it's called.  Only 5.50 a pint directly from his brewery at the end of Bourton on the water's high street.

The number of kits we have to sell to get the bonus from Adidas, does it matter if they’re bought from the club/Adidas officially, or will ones bought from JD count?

I’d much rather try on in my local shop than order online. But if it doesn’t help the Villa, I’ll put up and order online. Ta!

10 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

The number of kits we have to sell to get the bonus from Adidas, does it matter if they’re bought from the club/Adidas officially, or will ones bought from JD count?

I’d much rather try on in my local shop than order online. But if it doesn’t help the Villa, I’ll put up and order online. Ta!

There's a historic post somewhere from @NurembergVillan that breaks down who makes what from a kit sale - essentially, buying from the club shop benefits the club most - in terms of reaching a sale number though, I'd imagine that's adidas having a sales target as a manufacturer rather than a retailer, so I'd expect it to be a target of sales no matter where they come from.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Think it's Trade Nation or something like that.

Not sure if this will change though.

Wonder how much that brings in? I think Arsenal got something £50m for the Visit Rwanda arm patch. 😲

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Wonder how much that brings in? I think Arsenal got something £50m for the Visit Rwanda arm patch. 😲

The numbers were out there when Newcastle did their dodgy deal, the top 6 were getting £10-12m (arsenal was 5 years £10m a year) the other 4 were getting £1-2m, Newcastle then jumped to £7.5m

Since then spurs and city have jumped to £20m a year and Liverpool were in talks to join them around that number

Id be surprised if we get more than £5m

It's an easy way of demonstrating how FFP is complete bollocks even if you try and artificially inflate the market with your owners money 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a historic post somewhere from @NurembergVillan that breaks down who makes what from a kit sale - essentially, buying from the club shop benefits the club most - in terms of reaching a sale number though, I'd imagine that's adidas having a sales target as a manufacturer rather than a retailer, so I'd expect it to be a target of sales no matter where they come from.

Correct.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The numbers were out there when Newcastle did their dodgy deal, the top 6 were getting £10-12m (arsenal was 5 years £10m a year) the other 4 were getting £1-2m, Newcastle then jumped to £7.5m

Since then spurs and city have jumped to £20m a year and Liverpool were in talks to join them around that number

Id be surprised if we get more than £5m

It's an easy way of demonstrating how FFP is complete bollocks even if you try and artificially inflate the market with your owners money 

I remember our arm patch sponsorship doubling from £1m to £2m with Trade Nation. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rich192 said:

I've always wondered about this.

So just to clarify.

The best outcome for the club is if merchandise is purchased from the club store or online club store.

Kit purchases through Adidas and JD Sports will still count towards the total amount of kits sold and a potential bonus to the club from the adidas deal.

Is this correct ?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â