Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I'll be honest, I don't think they do need to go up.  We don't need to squeeze the fans.

I've looked at our 22/23 accounts because that came up first and I can't be bothered going any further - overall revenue was £218m with gate receipts accounting for £19m of that figure - or, around about 9%.  Apparently this followed a 10% ticket price increase, so we can broad strokes assume that £17m would be the base figure if ticket prices didn't increase.  If we treated the fans well at a time of economic hardship, our revenue would have been £216m, with gate receipts accounting for around £17m.

It's absolutely **** all in the grand scheme of things - but other aspects have absolutely flown up.  Wages increase of £57.2m in the year.  How about we try and really, really penny pinch on the footballers earning a **** fortune rather than penny pinching the fans? It's just not needed - I don't buy that we need to increase ticket prices to "compete".

It has to go up - if you want better players your wages go up bonuses goes up. Maatsen for example you can imagine will be on high wages. Have to find the money somewhere. Its the penalty of success unfortunately 

While fans continue to pay the prices will just continue as they are.

Stefan borson is already predicting we are going to have bigger FFP problems next summer even with CL and the new Adidas deal. It shows the. challenges we face thanks to FFP

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

At least the hotels in the city centre are opening up additional price points to make it easier for those who can afford it to find a room and it's good to see the train operators are also helping to make sure that there's less chance of you having to stand by letting more people pay a higher price. It's offering the choice to pay those rates that's helping customers find availability. I personally think there's scope to double those hotel prices as I don't use a hotel very often.

Thats the problem though alot of people can't afford it so come less frequently 

An example. A hotel i really like is Clayton that use to cost £95-£120 two nights. I just chose a random date for november (which wouldnt be that popular)looking at it for november 1st its now showing as £284!

Its crazy. But thats happening alot all over the country in the big cities now. 

Edited by Demitri_C

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

It's simple, by creating different price points for tickets they are making the more expensive ones more available (ie there is less demand for those). This means it's easier to get a ticket to the game, not easier to get a cheap ticket, just a ticket. If we're dedicating a weekend and hundreds of pounds to go see Villa paying £40 more for a ticket with good seat is a good deal. Paying !£100+ for a ticket is also doable really a trip up will cost around £300 before the ticket anyway. It's a nightmare getting tickets if you don't know season ticket holders. 

They are making sure we will always be a 40k capacity club that won't compete with clubs with 60,000 coming and spending a fortune.

They should have increased capacity, increased the variety of food, drink offerings, and had a more varied clientelle. They only want those with deep pockets which is fine when things are going well but not so fine when things dip. Look at Villa history, we are a big city club but we have fluctuations in our on field progress.

What the club are doing at the moment is high risk and is not future proofing the club.

I wonder if they’ll revisit building a hotel onsite … We could build a tower hotel similar to spurs behind the Holte Hotel and offer small cheap rooms to larger rooms and try and use these for conferences, matches etc…. 

IMG_1592.png

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Thing is  the hotel would only be full for about  25 days of the year as for the other 335 days the charms of Aston for business or pleasure is that not high

They’d have to have a caretaker and his family to roam the empty corridors until a naked woman emerges from the bathtub…..red rum…red rum

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Football can't control the cost of hotels and trains it can control ticket prices.  See what they have done for away fans £30 a ticket.

Villa are stuck between a rock and a hard place i have said it before in the FFP thread but that rule is what is costing us fans.   The players keep getting paid more but to comply with PSR you need income to limit your losses to the 110 million over 3 seasons.

So who pays? Us fans as the owners are not allowed to bank roll the club even if they have funds to do so.  

Scrap the rule, allow bigger losses or take ticket prices out of the calculation and ticket prices could be affordable.

Heck has to chase the dollar to allow Unai to build a team to compete.  It's wrong that the fans should suffer. It's an accountants game these days not a football one.

Wonder how much extra they’re going to charge for the annual pre season package of endlessly buffering friendlies with dodgy camera angles (like the one on the roof of bescot that you can’t see the touchline on) and crappy audio

1 minute ago, randy_69 said:

Wonder how much extra they’re going to charge for the annual pre season package of endlessly buffering friendlies with dodgy camera angles (like the one on the roof of bescot that you can’t see the touchline on) and crappy audio

I think it will be £7 per game.

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Thing is  the hotel would only be full for about  25 days of the year as for the other 335 days the charms of Aston for business or pleasure is that not high

I get that, but it could serve for business users overflow for the airport and its promixity to the centre and spaghetti junction … just musing out loud tbh as it’s probs not economically viable 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats the problem though alot of people can't afford it so come less frequently 

An example. A hotel i really like is Clayton that use to cost £95-£120 two nights. I just chose a random date for november (which wouldnt be that popular)looking at it for november 1st its now showing as £284!

Its crazy. But thats happening alot all over the country in the big cities now. 

But the logic being used in this thread is "well we have to pay shit loads for flights and hotels anyway so the club may as well charge us more!"

27 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I get that, but it could serve for business users overflow for the airport and its promixity to the centre and spaghetti junction … just musing out loud tbh as it’s probs not economically viable 

The only viability for a hotel would be to make Villa Park an attractive venue for conference and business events. I know it does some of that anyway, but you'd have to get enough business that you could justify half filling a hotel based on that business during the week

Apart from that, nobody is going to stay in a hotel in Aston regardless of how close it is to the M6 or Birmingham

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But the logic being used in this thread is "well we have to pay shit loads for flights and hotels anyway so the club may as well charge us more!"

Not my logic - mines more you are lucky you don't have to pay the extra costs like us non living brum fans so could be worse for you!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CVByrne said:

It's crazy that Ryanair flighs from Dub to Brum are cheaper than the train from London !! I agree, I can't believe the price of Hotels in central Brum now. Hotels in England in general far more expensive than Spain or Greece 

I suppose it depends where you want to stay. I mean a family room in ibis or whatever it’s called is under £50 or the travel lodge in upper Dean street £70. 

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

How much do we make in a season on ticket sales? 

The tickets aren’t the most expensive part for you. For most, they will be.

Aren’t tickets on booking history now anyway? You might have a further restriction perhaps, but it would basically operate on the same model.

FWIW, I’d have a free for all… I’m guessing they don’t do that because of ticket resales :D 

no idea without looking it up, the club have to maxiimize revenue from any source they can though to get to 400m as soon as they can to compete with the clubs that are bringing in 550m plus

Went to a Los Angeles Dodgers game last night.  It was the most commercial sporting event I've ever been to.  Sponsor logos everywhere. Tons of food, hospitality and merchandise options in every corner of the stadium. Price traps galore. Probably 35% of the attendees were tourists.  I was thinking - "This must be Heck's dream for Villa".  

20 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Went to a Los Angeles Dodgers game last night.  It was the most commercial sporting event I've ever been to.  Sponsor logos everywhere. Tons of food, hospitality and merchandise options in every corner of the stadium. Price traps galore. Probably 35% of the attendees were tourists.  I was thinking - "This must be Heck's dream for Villa".  

He said, after having watched the best player in baseball. They paid for him with that commercialization. (Hashtag bitter Angels fan).

Villa could do with a good amount of commercialization, especially in concessions: I promise you if I were in charge, there would be "typical stadium concessions"  in most stalls of burgers/dogs/a couple of easy lagers and a couple of local/regional places in each stand as specialties as well. None of those would allow the travesties that have occurred in concession sales to occur with their own names hung out front.

The first time I saw someone pouring beer out of a bucket into cups, as occurs at matches, I'd be canceling contracts for cause and daring someone to sue me.

Please, Villa, hire me to fix this shit.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

As an aside, the catering at Dodger stadium is done by the same company that does ours.

Then why can't I get a decent hot dog?  I'd bloody love that.

Â