Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

We made 217 I think last season, and Heck has said we increased it by 50mill the season just ended. 260 sounds about right.

Have to give Heck credit for that.

If its 260m this yeah iamgine how much next summer will bw with CL? If we can qualify 2 years ina  row ut would massively help with this crappy rules

• Like 1

For those questioning why delay the North Stand, when we have to do it anyway - any reduced capacity will reduce our income over the next couple of years, which is a key growth period. 
We don't suffer FFP/PSR issues for the capital investment, but we do with reduced ticket income. 

And 17 years is a horrific capital investment pay back period. We'd make more money putting it in a bank savings account right now!

I think the music venue is a great idea.
On match-day s, get either live games or recordings on screens, make beer and food prices reasonable, have a few gimmicks like ex-players, and you could have a venue which makes an additional £200k+ per game. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Have to give Heck credit for that.

If its 260m this yeah iamgine how much next summer will bw with CL? If we can qualify 2 years ina  row ut would massively help with this crappy rules

The ambition is to achieve a further 50m boost next year,  which should be achievable with the champs league, the new GA+ offerings, and the adidas shirt deal. That gets us over the 300m threshold.

They then hope to keep getting 50m more every year for the following 2 years until we hit 400m.

I guess the 300m threshold should be easily doable with what we've achieved this season, continuing to 350 if we qualify for CL again next year should take care of of itself. 400m beyond that is a real challenge. And by this time the scum 6 will probaly be over 1b :(

Have you ever read about the financial problems we got into in 1922 doing the original Trinity? Or in 1977 doing the  original North Stand? We moved with the times and did the best job we good and were very quickly vindicated in both counts as both paid for themselves in short order. I won't have my mortgage paid off for another 30 years, should I have just stayed living at my parents'?

Why do ambitious clubs bother redeveloping then? Should spurs have stuck as they were? Should Everyon have tried to tart up Goodison? 

This is the third time in 25 years we have kicked the can down the road. It isn't getting any easier.

• Like 3

Not saying the 17 years is wrong, I have absolutely no idea. But it's Heckonomics. Heck has been throwing around some numbers in interviews that's been both inflated and small depending on what suits his message.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Not saying the 17 years is wrong, I have absolutely no idea. But it's Heckonomics. Heck has been throwing around some numbers in interviews that's been both inflated and small depending on what suits his message.

How would you know that?  Do you audit the club's accounts?  Have access to their records/database?  

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

This paints the picture, it shows the legacy of pre FFP and also the money go round that Europe is. This is exactly why the rules have to change, you cant get the revenue without exposure and success, you cant get success without money, the rules dont let you spend enough to compete. Its supports the top 6 cartel.

Matchday and merchandising suck.

IMG_5302.jpeg

Our matchday income is pitiful. I think it was £19m, which is half of what West Ham and Newcastle are getting. Spurs made £118m from matchday income which is insane for a team that don't win trophies.

That is basically an average of £1m in gate receipts per home game, we have a 40,000 seater stadium so that is roughly £25 per person. That would also include food and drink, programme sales, merchandise etc. It is ridiculously low and it's no surprise they have increased season ticket prices even if it has p*ssed off some of the fans.

I'm a member and I usually pay £40-£50 for a ticket to go to a game, then I buy a programme, some food and a drink. I probably spend £60-£70 per game. Obviously a season ticket will reduce the average price of a game but £25 per person is chicken feed. I'm surprised it's that low.

For comparison Spurs made £4.9m per game. Average ticket per person was approx £82. Obviously they have a 60K capacity compared to our 40K but if we made the same price per person for a matchday as they did our matchday income would be close to Liverpool's, Chelsea's and Man City's who have the lowest matchday income of the Big Six. Not going to be easy with our catchment but Newcastle probably have it even harder there.

Obviously we are miles off in terms of commercial income too but I can see that gap being narrowed. Matchday income is going to be very difficult to narrow without a new stadium or bringing in people from outside the catchment. 

I think it is possible we increase revenue to £400m in a few years (I think it will surpass £300m by the time of our 24-25 accounts), but the Big Six teams will increase their revenue in that time too. While we increased our revenue by about £40m in the last accounts, Spurs increased theirs by over £100m.

Lots of work to do until we're considered a big club. 

• Like 1

Just now, andycv said:

How would you know that?  Do you audit the club's accounts?  Have access to their records/database?  

Did you read the post you replied to?

For example Heck claiming we had no use for more seats as we didn't sell out the ones we already have while we clearly have a big waiting list for season tickets.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Did you read the post you replied to?

For example Heck claiming we had no use for more seats as we didn't sell out the ones we already have while we clearly have a big waiting list for season tickets.

Did he say we didn't have a waiting list?  I haven't seen that?  And not selling out is accurate I guess - as attendances at VP do vary?

Just now, andycv said:

Did he say we didn't have a waiting list?  I haven't seen that?  And not selling out is accurate I guess - as attendances at VP do vary?

Nope he did not say we didn't have a waiting list. Just that we had no use for more seats.

11 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Our matchday income is pitiful. I think it was £19m, which is half of what West Ham and Newcastle are getting. Spurs made £118m from matchday income which is insane for a team that don't win trophies.

That is basically an average of £1m in gate receipts per home game, we have a 40,000 seater stadium so that is roughly £25 per person. That would also include food and drink, programme sales, merchandise etc. It is ridiculously low and it's no surprise they have increased season ticket prices even if it has p*ssed off some of the fans.

I'm a member and I usually pay £40-£50 for a ticket to go to a game, then I buy a programme, some food and a drink. I probably spend £60-£70 per game. Obviously a season ticket will reduce the average price of a game but £25 per person is chicken feed. I'm surprised it's that low.

For comparison Spurs made £4.9m per game. Average ticket per person was approx £82. Obviously they have a 60K capacity compared to our 40K but if we made the same price per person for a matchday as they did our matchday income would be close to Liverpool's, Chelsea's and Man City's who have the lowest matchday income of the Big Six. Not going to be easy with our catchment but Newcastle probably have it even harder there.

Obviously we are miles off in terms of commercial income too but I can see that gap being narrowed. Matchday income is going to be very difficult to narrow without a new stadium or bringing in people from outside the catchment. 

I think it is possible we increase revenue to £400m in a few years (I think it will surpass £300m by the time of our 24-25 accounts), but the Big Six teams will increase their revenue in that time too. While we increased our revenue by about £40m in the last accounts, Spurs increased theirs by over £100m.

Lots of work to do until we're considered a big club. 

We don't seem to recognise corporate and hospitality in our matchday revenue figures, which it seems other clubs do. So probably only slightly below West Ham and Newcastle.

We are definitely still way off spurs though.

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

We don't seem to recognise corporate and hospitality in our matchday revenue figures, which it seems other clubs do. So probably only slightly below West Ham and Newcastle.

We are definitely still way off spurs though.

That's bizarre. That corporate and hospitality income must be included somewhere in our total revenue though. 

The broadcasting the fairest by far. Even little old Bournemouth made £122m from that, City made £299m but that's only 2.5 times more and theirs will include big CL games etc. The huge discrepancies are obviously in commercial and matchday.

You look at that and see all the non-"Big 6" teams are very close in revenue terms. Then Newcastle are at the higher end and the jump from them to Arsenal is over £200m. Insane.  

I would expect to see us and Newcastle move away from the smaller teams in the next few years and narrow the gap but by how much I really don't know. It's bloody difficult work. 

We are quite a large M&E and conference venue outside of Match days,  why don’t we offer an on site hotel? There’s very little stock around there and the city isn’t a quick stroll to get to. 

• Like 1

Spurs have just signed up an official ‘EV charging and fuel partner’ (BP Pulse and Castrol) paying them £10 million a year. 

I hope Heck is working on our equivalent!

Edited by ender4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

So according to reports Castore will be paying Everton more than Heck negotiated from Adidas...

Yeah that is crazy!

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well they've got more money to spend now, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was an element of " spite " at play here. Lol

An Adidas deal will still benefit us more all round and worldwide than even an improved Castore deal.woild.

They also have a massive PR hill to overcome with us and Newcastle leaving (us for manufacturing reasons especially).

I'd not take the same amount of money from Adidas to stick with Castore: and if we can be rid of Fanatics I'm willing to take a "loss" for it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MrBlack said:

The ambition is to achieve a further 50m boost next year,  which should be achievable with the champs league, the new GA+ offerings, and the adidas shirt deal. That gets us over the 300m threshold.

They then hope to keep getting 50m more every year for the following 2 years until we hit 400m.

I guess the 300m threshold should be easily doable with what we've achieved this season, continuing to 350 if we qualify for CL again next year should take care of of itself. 400m beyond that is a real challenge. And by this time the scum 6 will probaly be over 1b :(

Yes - but this is why sustaining CL is so vital.

If we can get in again, it means that at least 3 of the 6 miss out again. And it will start to impact on them - sponsors will pay them less; lower gate receipts and prize money. 
The 3 years rule means that a new club stepping up needs to sustain it's challenge; and an 'old' club falling down can sustain a 1-year blip. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â