Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

Interesting comments from Heck. I wasn’t impressed with cancelling the build of the north stand, but this makes sense. Shows he’s a very clever and ambitious person and the club will be moving forward with him at the helm. Again it shows why communication so important and something that could’ve been released directly from the club in November 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/06/13/chris-heck-aston-villa-premier-league-champions-league/

The plan to boost their revenue to £400 million by 2027 has been devised by Chris Heck

Heck meanwhile has the task of taking Villa into a different league on the balance sheet – adding £200 million over four years.

“The first year we were successful,” he says. “We generated £50 million more and that’s our plan to generate £50 million more each year. That has never been done before and we are doing it. We are already well on our way. We were £219 million [annual turnover] so what is the magic number to get to? We think it’s £400 million to get into the game of sustainability. 

So we were at £219m revenue in 2022/23. We are increasing by £50m per year, so £270m for the season just ended (23/24). 

Another £50m increase to £320m for this coming season (24/25) from new sponsors, kit, matchday, hospitality, CL prize money.

How do we increase by another £100m over the next 2 years to achieve Heck's targets?

MoMs on Facebook (sorry I can’t post pic) showing a comparison of income to other clubs. It shows why PSR is a joke and why Heck has a huge job on his hands, even getting to £400m keeps us below the big 6

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

MoMs on Facebook (sorry I can’t post pic) showing a comparison of income to other clubs. It shows why PSR is a joke and why Heck has a huge job on his hands, even getting to £400m keeps us below the big 6

I mean Spurs weren't the original part of the big four that dominated financially, they rapidly rose through shrewd management in 2010s to get to that point. Surely they have to be the model to emulate? Of course they have several advantages we can't compete with, but regardless they managed to bridge the gap. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Here's a quick summary:

Man City        £702m    
   Man U        £633m    
   Liverpool        £580m    
   Spurs        £536m    
   Chelsea        £500m    
   Arsenal        £452m  

With Villa on £219m for the same year (22/23).   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TOTTI-THE-GOD said:

How do Chelsea do it with a stadium smaller than ours?

Masses of time having a really good product, and London as a tourist base for that product.

Non Villa fans haven't wanted to watch Villa play football for about 20 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TOTTI-THE-GOD said:

Sponsorship largely. They drive more revenue from the stadium, but it's not a massive revenue driver. 

They and Liverpool have had Purslow to thank for some of the best sponsorship deals in Premier League history. To get there you need on field success. Heck himself will drive less of any increase in that than Unai does. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dale said:

Sponsorship largely. They drive more revenue from the stadium, but it's not a massive revenue driver. 

They and Liverpool have had Purslow to thank for some of the best sponsorship deals in Premier League history. To get there you need on field success. Heck himself will drive less of any increase in that than Unai does. 

Although having access to a wider network of contacts / organisations will also help (especially in the USA as I think there will be companies there willing to spend more money on a successful sports partnership).  Ultimately you need a good off field team to make the best of any on field success and minimise the impact when things aren't going so well off the pitch. 

I think the impact of Heck will generally be underplayed - yes we're a better "prospect" than we were 18 months / 2 years ago but we're still a name that has been off radar for too long and so we can't expect to just suddenly get the level of deals of teams that we're now competing with sporting wise but who've had the best 20 years of commercial and global expansion of the PL to capitalise on.  I'm sure he is (with Atairos and Comcast) going to find ways of raising revenue that will be new to Villa and possibly even new (or under-utilised) within the PL. 

I do wonder whether some of Nas's recent comments are double edged - i.e. it's not right that we can't spend more money when as owners we're good for any short-term losses and are trying to build something special (and ultimately sustainable) but also about laying a case for the value of new revenue streams (i.e. you can't tell us off for spending too much and then moan when we find ingenious ways of improving our revenue).

1 hour ago, TOTTI-THE-GOD said:

like i said in the Duran thread for a huge number of fans of a certain age Chelsea are the biggest team in england, they're living off the growth in the 00s at the time where Jose had them flying

its still not as lucky as spurs

A giant billboard featuring Tottenham Hotspur's Gareth Bale has been  unveiled by NBC Sports in New York City's Times Square. The sports network  is using this eye-catching advertisement to promote their upcoming

when NBC gave the PL a monstrous push in the states they used bale as the face of it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"We are in a really interesting time of English football right now,” Heck says. “It has been a good decade of big six stability, meaning they have kept everyone out. Newcastle last year, us this year. I think it is changing and I wouldn’t bet against us.”

My three main takeaways. (1) We're disappointed that the PSR limit wasn't raised but probably not particularly surprised and not that worried that the proposal was rejected.  (2) We're clearly trying to position ourselves as the champions of ambitious owners who don't have the advantages of being in the Top 6.  Maybe it didn't work this time but we're looking to build alliances with teams who want more than to finish 12th every season (they will come with us or be left behind).  (3) The quote above sums up exactly what I would want our CEO/CFO/COO to be saying.

As for the claims that we're sucking up to Man City - I think there's a lot in this statement that shows we're doing nothing of the sort.  NSWE are looking out for number 1.  PSR (in its current format) makes it easier for City, Chelsea, etc to form their monopoly at the top - so we'll challenge it because it is bad for us not because it's what Nas's apparent new "best mate" wants us to do.

• Like 4

This paints the picture, it shows the legacy of pre FFP and also the money go round that Europe is. This is exactly why the rules have to change, you cant get the revenue without exposure and success, you cant get success without money, the rules dont let you spend enough to compete. Its supports the top 6 cartel.

Matchday and merchandising suck.

IMG_5302.jpeg

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

when NBC gave the PL a monstrous push in the states they used bale as the face of it

Hi IS very popular there. In fact he subsequently went on to earn huge fees doing promotional work for a movie franchise.

Spoiler

s-l400.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

This paints the picture, it shows the legacy of pre FFP and also the money go round that Europe is. This is exactly why the rules have to change, you cant get the revenue without exposure and success, you cant get success without money, the rules dont let you spend enough to compete. Its supports the top 6 cartel.

Matchday and merchandising suck.

IMG_5302.jpeg

swiss ramble have a breakdown of the PL TV money (im guessing the above includes europe)

but that shows how they split it, equal share which is obvious, the facility fees which is a payment made per TV appearance and then the merit payment which is the prize money

mad that we have a "fair" financial system that is so blatantly designed to keep the top teams at the top, man city get £14m more than wolves per season because sky put man city on tv more but if wolves make some sound investment choices and run themselves well maybe one day they'll catch up with them...

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Football insider - a notorious site for lying claim we have broken our revenue record for last season where is w.as 260m. Incredible if true.

We made 217 I think last season, and Heck has said we increased it by 50mill the season just ended. 260 sounds about right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Football insider - a notorious site for lying claim we have broken our revenue record for last season where is w.as 260m. Incredible if true.

This post took me on a journey!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â