Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Season Ticket holders who’ve brought their ticket and doing this would be stupid to risk their season ticket for doing this. If I remember correctly the club have sent out consequences last season of what happens if fans do this.

So the club will also be reprimanding so called ticketing partners such as Event Masters that have been selling Bayern tickets for £1077 a pair and not just going after individuals? 

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

So the club will also be reprimanding so called ticketing partners such as Event Masters that have been selling Bayern tickets for £1077 a pair and not just going after individuals? 

I would hope so but doubt it.

14 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Quite sure there are plenty of season ticket holders who don't know the chants and don't sing along anyway so not sure that is much of an argument, What if it is only the quiet fans that don't buy their ST and they get purchased by people who are so excited to be there they scream all the way through the game,... If we are losing at home to Celtic it won't be because a couple of hundred people have been replaced by a couple of hundred different people.

Do you not think that a Champions League game should be more expensive than a regular league game at all?

I did, or at least I'd have been happy with them being Cat A prices for all, until I saw what other clubs charge for these games. 

There's no precedent for what they're doing and that's why it's triggered the reaction it has. The volume of noise in the press, negative reaction, and planned protests are because they shouldn't be charging what they are.

Trying to keep it on topic... the "boycott of concession stands" that it's triggered could end up costing as much money as it generated. This doesn't happen if they don't take the piss.

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

This is disgusting and any so-called 'fan' doing this is a disgrace and I hope they get their ST and booking history rescinded.

That said, just the fact that this is happening and at these prices suggests we really have made it!  Remember when you could go on that seat exchange website not so long ago and pick up a totally legitimately listed ticket at discount right up to kick off.

This is exactly what I was looking at back in April. For one game that I could attend in the past 18 years or so. Seat Geek or what ever it was called would be ideal, but instead lets drive more traffic to a site that can't handle what it's already getting. 

I'd have thought there was some good link there to re-sell tickets legitimately and add something else to our income. We need all these little tie ins and link ups with whoever to add to the commercial income the club is after. We're far behind the likes of Chelsea/Manure. So we're going to need to look at "official crisp of Aston Villa" crap unfortunately.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I thought having the tickets digital only to your account made it very hard if it impossible to sell your ticket on?

I think the main problem they'll have with it is that it's not via the clubs official ticket resale partner 

As long as you use them then the club won't care 

21 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I'd bet good money that our own stadium expansion was cancelled/postponed with a view to rinsing fans of the maximum amount for our CL games once qualification looked a distinct possibility

But surely that makes perfect sense, It would be absolutely insane to only have 3 stands open for what could realitically be our only time in the champions league for another 20/40 years and we are flying in the league. The loss of income from a stand being closed for 2 years or so could force us to get rid of another couple of first teamers every year before any thought is given to even look at recruiting anyone. Sure it is short-termism a little but if you don't make the most of when when you are actually doing the best you ever have been for years despite having one hand tied behind your back with PSR then you would be rather stupid. Finish top 4/5 for a couple of years running, get the extra champions league income for that time and them maybe you can consider wiping out a good chunk of your matchday receipts in order to expand the stadium. You don't do that on the back of the first sucessful year you have had for 20+ years

Edited by LakotaDakota

24 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

But surely that makes perfect sense, It would be absolutely insane to only have 3 stands open for what could realitically be our only time in the champions league for another 20/40 years and we are flying in the league. The loss of income from a stand being closed for 2 years or so could force us to get rid of another couple of first teamers every year before any thought is given to even look at recruiting anyone. Sure it is short-termism a little but if you don't make the most of when when you are actually doing the best you ever have been for years despite having one hand tied behind your back with PSR then you would be rather stupid. Finish top 4/5 for a couple of years running, get the extra champions league income for that time and them maybe you can consider wiping out a good chunk of your matchday receipts in order to expand the stadium. You don't do that on the back of the first sucessful year you have had for 20+ years

On top of that, expanding and building infrastructure gives you PSR leeway based on how much writeoffs and losses you will take during the building process,  if we maximize our revenues from matchday income for the next 2-3 years, which clearly is the clear plan, they can time expansions of the stadium with highest ever matchday revenues which will give the team way more leeway in losses they can take. For PSR reasons, expanding at this time would literally be the stupidest decision ever. Which is why the people running Villa know what they are doing luckily. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â