Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Bringing this conversation here as it doesnt rwally belong in the Chris Heck thread...What do you mean? What question are you asking?

Arsenal ST holders don't pay anything extra for the Champions League (yes, the base price i'm sure will  be more, but the average wage on London is twice what it is in brum so probably about equivalent).

Man City and Liverpool season ticket holders pay significantly less than ours.

Outside of ST holders, only Arsenal charge a similar amount to us, and again I refer to the average salary of their match going fans.

We are extorting our fans on these ticket prices, and we're blaming PSR/SCR for it.

Given it is the difference between getting £10m from these games, instead of £14m, I'm not sure any fan would lament us losing a lowly rated u19 player for that amount instead of having their wallets bled dry. Its not good  and it's been reported in the national media accordingly. They're are better ways we can increase revenue that don't result in a fan protest at the next home game.

My question is - How do the new prices impact, £ for £, for the average punter, against other CL clubs. Not just tickets, but the whole evening.

I've felt for many years, we've been very very lucky to pay the prices we have, so I was expecting a hike this year, I'm just interested how much that would compare against other clubs in similar positions.

For instance, I have ST in Lower Holte, I paid £600ish for it, how would that compare in The Kop? The price of the CL ticket, I'll be honest, was expected, but I also don't believe it's that much more (minus concessions etc, I don't agree with those prices) than a normal match day ticket? 

I'm not trying to call anyone out for the prices, I'm just interested in how they measure up as a 'package' for the average fan.

13 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

My question is - How do the new prices impact, £ for £, for the average punter, against other CL clubs. Not just tickets, but the whole evening.

I've felt for many years, we've been very very lucky to pay the prices we have, so I was expecting a hike this year, I'm just interested how much that would compare against other clubs in similar positions.

For instance, I have ST in Lower Holte, I paid £600ish for it, how would that compare in The Kop? The price of the CL ticket, I'll be honest, was expected, but I also don't believe it's that much more (minus concessions etc, I don't agree with those prices) than a normal match day ticket? 

I'm not trying to call anyone out for the prices, I'm just interested in how they measure up as a 'package' for the average fan.

OK. For reference, i think the CL games measure up pretty poorly compared with the Manchester and Liverpool clubs. Man United and Newcastle both charged significantly less than us when they were in the tournament last season too.

Looking at a whole package though, ST prices in the Kop range from 700-800 ish. So if you assume both teams play 6 games at home then the extra money our fans pay over those 6 games will probably net out to what a Liverpool fan that goes to each game will pay. Average salary in the cities is slightly in Liverpool's favour so you could argue we're getting a slightly worse total deal than a Liverpool fan. But then,  their ST prices are set based on the decade of succes they've had leading up to the season we're in, so it feels like we're being exploited without a basis for doing it. We hiked our prices way quicker than I feel we should have, and the CL prices are just a kick in the bollocks.

My opinion.....We shouldn't be gouging our fans, in excess of other clubs relative to average salaries, to get us over the PSR line.

Edited by MrBlack
Typos

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

OK. For reference, i think the CL games measure up pretty poorly compared with the Manchester and Liverpool clubs. Man United and Newcastle both charged significantly less than us when they were in the tournament last season too.

Looking at a whole package though, ST prices in the Kop range from 700-800 ish. So if you assume both teams play 6 games at home then the extra money our fans pay over those 6 games will probably net out to what a Liverpool fan that goes to each game will pay. Average salary in the cities is slightly in Liverpool's favour so you could argue we're getting a slightly worse total deal than a Liverpool fan. But then,  their ST prices are set based on the decade of succes they've had leading up to the season we're in, so it feels like we're being exploited without a basis for doing it. We hiked our prices way quicker than I feel we should have, and the CL prices are just a kick in the bollocks.

My opinion.....We shouldn't be gouging our fans, in excess of other clubs relative to average salaries, to get us over the PSR line.

Great reply thank you. 

• Thanks 1

i am pretty certain that if Anfield only held 42000 instead of 62000 their prices would be more expensive than they are now, Maybe not quite the same level as they are in the competition every year and already rake in 600 or so million per year compared to our 200 or so meaning there is less of a need to try and maximise income but i am sure it makes it easier to keep prices lower when you have an extra 20,000 people coming through the gates. Same goes for City/Arsenal etc.

These teams earn more commercially each year than we do from all income streams combined, people keep saying an extra 4 million or so over the 4 games won't make a difference but it is nearly 2% of last years turnover by making it a bit more expensive to watch champions league football than it is to watch us play Wolves.

10 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

i am pretty certain that if Anfield only held 42000 instead of 62000 their prices would be more expensive than they are now, Maybe not quite the same level as they are in the competition every year and already rake in 600 or so million per year compared to our 200 or so meaning there is less of a need to try and maximise income but i am sure it makes it easier to keep prices lower when you have an extra 20,000 people coming through the gates. Same goes for City/Arsenal etc.

These teams earn more commercially each year than we do from all income streams combined, people keep saying an extra 4 million or so over the 4 games won't make a difference but it is nearly 2% of last years turnover by making it a bit more expensive to watch champions league football than it is to watch us play Wolves.

It will be just over 1% of this year's turnover with CL prize money.

Definitely worth triggering a fan protest over...

Another way to look at the false economy of Heck's pricing...

If we play Celtic, and the fanbase is made up of an extraordinarily large percentage of Celtic fans who snap up the GA+ tickets. The ST holders that dont buy their seats get bought by fans that aren't regulars and don't know the chants, ,and don't sing along, and leave 5 minutes early.... what effect does that have on our performance? What effect does it have on Celtic's? We end up drawing or losing that game instead of the expected win we probably get with a massively positive partizan crowd... our prize money for that match drops fron 2.1m (with a win) to 700k with a draw, or 0 if we lose it.

Is it really worth pricing out the regular fans?

18 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If we play Celtic, and the fanbase is made up of an extraordinarily large percentage of Celtic fans who snap up the GA+ tickets. The ST holders that dont buy their seats get bought by fans that aren't regulars and don't know the chants, ,and don't sing along, and leave 5 minutes early.... what effect does that have on our performance? What effect does it have on Celtic's? We end up drawing or losing that game instead of the expected win we probably get with a massively positive partizan crowd... our prize money for that match drops fron 2.1m (with a win) to 700k with a draw, or 0 if we lose it.

Quite sure there are plenty of season ticket holders who don't know the chants and don't sing along anyway so not sure that is much of an argument, What if it is only the quiet fans that don't buy their ST and they get purchased by people who are so excited to be there they scream all the way through the game,... If we are losing at home to Celtic it won't be because a couple of hundred people have been replaced by a couple of hundred different people.

Do you not think that a Champions League game should be more expensive than a regular league game at all?

Edited by LakotaDakota

We need to boost income by any means necessary, its the only chance we have of staying in the top 4 long term. Every million counts. If we have to bleed the fans who can afford to pay for the time being to help with that, so be it. It means distasteful stuff like this will be palatable to me for the short term at least, as weve been served up football i'd only dreamed was possible only a couple of years ago. If we want to truly compete, us paying through our noses while we try to build something is going to be a necessary part of it, as harsh as that sounds. 

Edited by carlitobrigante

49 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

i am pretty certain that if Anfield only held 42000 instead of 62000 their prices would be more expensive than they are now, 

I'd bet good money that our own stadium expansion was cancelled/postponed with a view to rinsing fans of the maximum amount for our CL games once qualification looked a distinct possibility

30 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I'd bet good money that our own stadium expansion was cancelled/postponed with a view to rinsing fans of the maximum amount for our CL games once qualification looked a distinct possibility

I imagine the club would call it "maximizing short-term revenue due to on-field performance improvements."

But your term is also a way of describing it.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

That is the question. I don't think any fans should be priced out really. We aren't going to sell tickets for £5 (we could mind you, it wouldn't kill the club), but we've reached unacceptable levels.

I may be mistaken but is 99% of the support for increased ticket prices is coming from people who are not regular attendees to Villa Park?

Perhaps it's easier for them if, when they get to attend, it's going from an expensive day to a slightly more expensive day. Less noticeable.

I still don't think there would have been any negative fan reaction at all if UCL tickets were cat A level. Which is still expensive. There would be zero complaints, and there wouldn't be a protest during our next PL game.

It's more serious than I think people realise. Together with the facilities at the stadium being a disgrace, fans are going to react negatively very quickly if we go behind.

Unai Emery is saving Chris Heck from a lot of grief.

So we know about Adidas and Betano and we retained Trade Nation.

Do we know of any new sponsorships/commercial partners that we have added to increase revenue ?

I expected a few more coming onboard since we are playing Champions League.

So we are relying on increased matchday revenues (Champions League games and season ticket increases) and a boost in merchandise sales.

It's going to be hard to keep increasing revenue if your relying on fans spending decent money every season.

Just now, Villa Gaffa said:

Do we know of any new sponsorships/commercial partners that we have added to increase revenue ?

So we are relying on increased matchday revenues (Champions League games and season ticket increases) and a boost in merchandise sales.

It's going to be hard to keep increasing revenue if your relying on fans spending decent money every season.

Nova summat or other, meant to be having their name splattered all over the new LED screens they're having fitted. Personally I think it should be the names of the mugs that have paid £90 odd quid for a UCL ticket

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

Nova summat or other, meant to be having their name splattered all over the new LED screens they're having fitted. Personally I think it should be the names of the mugs that have paid £90 odd quid for a UCL ticket

It's expensive. But to give you a comparison, my son loves Lion King so I wanted to take him to London to see the play. 

Those tickets were £150+. 

Shit is expensive, here is one of the reasons why;

the reality is, as shit as it is, that the premier league and the premier league clubs dont want regular, historic fans as they dont make them any money........ they want the day trippers from the far east and saudi coming over who'll spend £150 a seat and go and blow £500 in the club shop and £100 on food......... thats where the money comes in, theyre the market that the sponsors want to attract, theyre the market that sky want to sell overseas subscriptions too.............. the premier league is now becoming americanised, its like the NFL or the NBA where its a months mortgate for a seat at a game.............. and its no coincidence that most of the clubs are american owned....... 

get ready peeps as I believe this is just the start......... in 5 seasons i dont think season tickets will be a thing and the grounds will be full of day hoppers.......... 

its wank, the games completely gone

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

we renewed the seat geek partnership too

Season Ticket holders who’ve brought their ticket and doing this would be stupid to risk their season ticket for doing this. If I remember correctly the club have sent out consequences last season of what happens if fans do this.

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Season Ticket holders who’ve brought their ticket and doing this would be stupid to risk their season ticket for doing this. If I remember correctly the club have sent out consequences last season of what happens if fans do this.

but if you want to resell them via seat geek you are ok ;) 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This is disgusting and any so-called 'fan' doing this is a disgrace and I hope they get their ST and booking history rescinded.

That said, just the fact that this is happening and at these prices suggests we really have made it!  Remember when you could go on that seat exchange website not so long ago and pick up a totally legitimately listed ticket at discount right up to kick off.

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

#loyal

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â