Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

14 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Apparently booed onto the pitch today.

He's done there. He really would have been better off sticking around here. Not that I wasn't buzzing to get him off the books.

I was there (don't ask) and it wasn't really booing, it was laughter. The whole place was incredulous that he was being brought on in a game they were struggling with. Every time they got the ball, there were shouts of "give it to Danny" and much laughter followed. I felt sorry for the guy, especially as he was one of the few on the day who actually looked like he was trying. 

14 hours ago, Kingman said:

In talks with Wolves for a loan 

They've sent their striker who they signed last year and got crocked out on loan to frankfurt as well as the Portuguese teenager to rangers on loan

Short term fixes 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Guy is finished 

Antonio has been injured since end of November, and he still can’t get a game. Great piece of business from us getting rid.

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Antonio has been injured since end of November, and he still can’t get a game. Great piece of business from us getting rid.

Antonio has put on too much bulk. Gabbylitous!

• 6 months later...
9 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Jesus. They're trying to offload him on a free now. £125k per week and scored one goal last season in 20 appearances

So so lucky that they bought him off us when they did.

That could have been us.

• Like 2

The writing was on the wall well before they bought him. Even when he bagged for us it felt like he was going at 100% everytime just to get a simple tap in. Everything looked like an absolute ordeal.

Credit to him as he worked his nuts off but absolutely shot to bits. Never seen someone run so hard and so much effort to get nowhere.

• Haha 1

When he signed, I thought it was a masterstroke, genuinely thought he'd be a superb signing. Although I've never met him, I happen to know quite a few people that know him very well, and they never had a single bad thing to say about him, and this was his peak Burnley days too, when he could've been Billy Big Bollocks. 

Guess he just falls into that category of 'players that disintegrated at a certain age' list. Shame really.

9 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Guess he just falls into that category of 'players that disintegrated at a certain age' list. Shame really.

Nah, he was a crap signing when he came to us. Middling to poor forward for his entire career. One stand out season amongst a sea of mediocrity either down to lack of inherent quality or a multitude of injuries. So many injuries!

Such an overrated player. Got some great transfers under his belt which speaks to the talent of his representatives rather his own.

Never understood the fuss.

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Nah, he was a crap signing when he came to us. Middling to poor forward for his entire career. One stand out season amongst a sea of mediocrity either down to lack of inherent quality or a multitude of injuries. So many injuries!

Such an overrated player. Got some great transfers under his belt which speaks to the talent of his representatives rather his own.

Never understood the fuss.

71 Premier League goals is not a poor forward considering he had a bad couple injuries at Liverpool. More Premier League goals than Cantona for example and has had a good Premier League career

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

71 Premier League goals is not a poor forward considering he had a bad couple injuries at Liverpool. More Premier League goals than Cantona for example and has had a good Premier League career

He's had a decade playing in the PL. One stand out season at Southampton where he scored 22?? goals. The rest of his contribution makes him a 5 or 6 goals a season player. This is crap for a striker.

Like I said, I never understood the fuss.

39 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

He's had a decade playing in the PL. One stand out season at Southampton where he scored 22?? goals. The rest of his contribution makes him a 5 or 6 goals a season player. This is crap for a striker.

Like I said, I never understood the fuss.

Played 225 games. Averaging 22 games a season and 7 goals isnt that bad

His career in the Premiership shows 71 goals in 225 matches. So pretty much an average of  a goal every three games. That’s actually regarded as the bench mark for a decent striker. Would that Gabby had achieved that stat. He’s obviously not the player he was, but I could never fault his effort in his time with us.

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 1

I actually thought he had gone back to Southampton, move was rumoured after they won the play offs so presume that fell through once they discovered his weekly wage.

Probably end up in MLS, maybe DS will fancy a reunion?

Scored one of our best goals of the decade in my opinion.

Clearly a good player for most of his career. Quite technical. I thought, as he got older, he would evolve into one of those number 10 types who play behind the striker, don't rely on pace but use their technical ability to set things up.

Sad to see his career fizzle out.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2

Easy to forget how many assists he used to get for us.  That said, we definitely let him go at the right time while he still had some value.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â