Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

15m decent business add the fact his hugh wages are off the books this gives us a lot of manoeuvre for  abig marquee striker signing

All the best danny you have been a model pro here 

Agreed, he has been unfortunate with this move. He was bought without knowing where he would fit in terms of system, and has not really found a way to fit into the systems of two subsequent managers.

Throughout though he has been a pro, bided his time and done what he could, resulting in him being our top goal scorer this season.

Good luck, Danny, in the right team he'll get shedloads of goals.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not sure why people are so angry about this. Ings has about a 1 in 4 record for us. That’s awful for a striker. Especially one we signed for 30 million

I'll say it for the millionth time - goals per app is a pointless stat unless the player is playing full 90 every game. Something you surely know Ings didn't do anywhere near.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not angry about it and back Emery to have made a good decision knowing we have something else lined up, but I don't think this tells the whole story when many of those performances are mere minutes

He's got 6 PL goals this season in 9 games worth of football. Last season it's 7 goals and 6 assists in 21 games of football

It's clear we look a better team with Watkins, but Ings' goal contribution is far better than a simple goals in appearances summary makes it sound.

He's only got 9 games worth of football this season because he's not good enough to start

Ings has been decent in moments but his all round game hasn’t been good enough. I think this is good business personally. Just hope we have a replacement lined up as leaves us light for rest of the season. But I get us selling him now as by the summer he would probably be worth a lot less. 

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'll say it for the millionth time - goals per app is a pointless stat unless the player is playing full 90 every game. Something you surely know Ings didn't do anywhere near.

I do know that. But you say he didn't play every 90 like that's not partly his fault.

He's not good enough or fit enough to play 90 every week for us. So we've got one of our highest earners being used as an impact sub while his value depreciates all the time.

This is a good deal. £15m for him and hopefully a replacement coming in who will suit the team better.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I do know that. But you say he didn't play every 90 like that's not partly his fault.

He's not good enough or fit enough to play 90 every week for us. So we've got one of our highest earners being used as an impact sub while his value depreciates all the time.

This is a good deal. £15m for him and hopefully a replacement coming in who will suit the team better.

Not saying it's not a good deal but it is irrelevant to my original point - which was it's wrong to say he scored 1 in 4.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

Reporting on talksport news that the fee is £10m rising to £15m with addons.

Not overly fussed about him going, as long as we have a replacement lined up, but surely should be 15m rising to 20m. 🙁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Not saying it's not a good deal but it is irrelevant to my original point - which was it's wrong to say he scored 1 in 4.

Well it's not wrong to say he scored 1 in 4 at all. 

It's wrong to use that stat to define his effectiveness, because as you say goals per 90 are more important. 

But it's not wrong. It's fact

11 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Disappointed to see Danny leave, good professional always gave 100%.We must have someone lined up…

I'd  hope so. I like him a lot, real shame it didn't quite work out.  Shame he's gone to West Ham - while wishing him well, I hope he's bit instrumental  in keeping them up

A panic signing which has never looked right. I am open to cutting our loses on Ings, provided we have a decent replacement lined up. If we end up selling him and then have a mad panic to get a random reserve striker out on loan (Borja Baston 2.0) then I won't be happy. We need to show clear and strategic thinking- which we didn't do when we signed Ings in the first place.

Edited by The Fun Factory

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

15m decent business add the fact his hugh wages are off the books this gives us a lot of manoeuvre for  abig marquee striker signing

All the best danny you have been a model pro here 

Agree with all of this. How much did Newcastle pay for Chris Wood? Was always a dream years ago we'd sign that Kiwi though still can't forgive the 18 year old him missing an open goal vs Italy in 2010 WC that would've put us in last 16 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â