Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Ings is a valuable player for us, especially in a 5 subs season where we can go like for like with subs. We need to be able to bring a CF on for a CF in a 4 3 1 2 system. 

Probably the reason we will see Archer stick around rather than going straight out on loan, at least until January.

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Probably the reason we will see Archer stick around rather than going straight out on loan, at least until January.

Yeah we need 4 CFs in the squad next season. So Archer sticking around and a new CF signing. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah we need 4 CFs in the squad next season. So Archer sticking around and a new CF signing. 

I think Gerrard would be happy with Watkins, Ings, Archer and then maybe Suarez on a free.  If Ings and Watkins aren't doing it up front , then you bring on Archer and Suarez.

Just now, duke313 said:

I think Gerrard would be happy with Watkins, Ings, Archer and then maybe Suarez on a free.  If Ings and Watkins aren't doing it up front , then you bring on Archer and Suarez.

I'd be happy with that too. Watkins + Ings or Suarez. Archer learning from them and getting time off the bench too. Loan back to Championship in Jan to bang in goals and then he should be ready for us and more regular Prem football

I think his misses on Sunday have been overexaggerated as well. They were not easy chances and one was just outside the box

Both chances came from his clever movement

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Hasn't he been injured half the season?

Officially missed 4 months. Struggled badly for match fitness/sharpness since then.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He'll be dropped for Burnley. Which will be a mistake because he's getting into all the right areas and his all round game is solid he's just not finding the net. 

I wouldn't be opposed to him keeping his place and Coutinho dropping out for Buendia.

I would imagine the chances of that are remote.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I've generally been disappointed with him this season tbh. Watched him a fair bit at Southampton and he was always buzzing around the CBs. I know he has a few goals and assists but generally never get the feeling he's going to score at an important moment or even be in the game much.

Just have to hope for better next season I guess.

Yes thats exactly how I feel. I expected a bit of a dip from Watkins but at 29 Ings should be at his peak. 

5 hours ago, CVByrne said:

If we decide to stick with 2 up top, yep. I hope we do FWIW as it seems to work reasonably well. 

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If we decide to stick with 2 up top, yep. I hope we do FWIW as it seems to work reasonably well. 

It works better than the two 10s for sure. 

30 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I wouldn't be opposed to him keeping his place and Coutinho dropping out for Buendia.

I would imagine the chances of that are remote.

Have we tried Coutinho-Ings-Buendia up front yet? I can't remember that but I'd like to see it. I know we've had Coutinho-Watkins-Buendia...

2 minutes ago, TomC said:

Have we tried Coutinho-Ings-Buendia up front yet? I can't remember that but I'd like to see it. I know we've had Coutinho-Watkins-Buendia...

I don't think we have. We did have Ings up top with Buendia and Traore in the 10 roles against Brentford.

Edit: The three played in our home defeat to Watford. That was the catalyst for going to Ings and Watkins up top

Edited by CVByrne

2 minutes ago, TomC said:

We can't do that because Tyrone ends up hoofing it so often. We need Ollie on the pitch to try and make something of said hoofs.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

We can't do that because Tyrone ends up hoofing it so often. We need Ollie on the pitch to try and make something of said hoofs.

We have to hoof it because we don;t have the players in CDM and CB to play out from the back. We will with a new CB and CDM signed in summer.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Edit: The three played in our home defeat to Watford. That was the catalyst for going to Ings and Watkins up top

Well, if we lost to Watford with those 3, maybe it isn't such a great idea!

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Point well taken...Ollie is good at holding up the ball.

It feels like Coutinho, Buendia and a striker should be able to work but it hasn't so far. I do wonder if this is something they'll work on over the summer or whether they'll stick with the 2.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We have to hoof it because we don;t have the players in CDM and CB to play out from the back. We will with a new CB and CDM signed in summer.

Hopefully.

Can't be bothered having the arguments yet, but I think Mings in possession is a big problem for us.

Konsa injury has changed things anyway now, but of the two of them, Mings was the one I wanted replacing in the XI.

Yes, Konsa has been awful recently.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Can't be bothered having the arguments yet, but I think Mings in possession is a big problem for us.

Mings is the only CB who can carry and pick a pass at the club, although Chambers has shown signs of quality as well in that role. 

Directly involved in the build up of 6 goals this season. 

Hause and Konsa are about as much use as a legless horse with the ball at their feet. 

(Sorry it's the Ings thread)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â