Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

On 12/09/2021 at 11:55, alreadyexists said:

Also, I’m at Leamington Food Festival and I think I just saw him. Didn’t have the balls to say anything, but 99% sure it was him.

He must think he’s living the dream since moving to Villa, eh?

Bet the fair city of Southampton couldn’t begin to match the excitement of the Leamington Food Fair.*

*(with all due apologies to Leamington - I love the place really.)

Edited by briny_ear

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Can see Ings ending up being our new Barkley. 

His goals aside I've not been impressed with his general play, at all. 

Against Chelsea he ghosted. 

Playing Ollie alone up top is the obvious thing to do right now. 

I'm not writing Ings off I just get a bad feeling about that signing. I don't think he suit how we play. 

Did you see him chasing and tracking runners back?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

He must think he’s living the dream since moving to Villa, eh?

Bet the fair city of Southampton couldn’t begin to match the excitement of the Leamington Food Fair.*

*(with all due apologies to Leamington - I love the place really.)

I had an amazing pad thai and some nice cider. Take that Southampton!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Can see Ings ending up being our new Barkley. 

His goals aside I've not been impressed with his general play, at all. 

Against Chelsea he ghosted. 

Playing Ollie alone up top is the obvious thing to do right now. 

I'm not writing Ings off I just get a bad feeling about that signing. I don't think he suit how we play. 

Given how many chances we generally create, he absolutely suits us, plus he does work off the ball. He'll be fine. 

i thought Ings pressed very well versus Chealsea (along with others), he didnt really get a sniff shots wise, but we got chances elsewhere so its no biggie.

I thought Ings and Watkins played really well together and led from the front in terms of closing down and pressing, granted Watkins is the more energetic and mobile player, but Ings was pressing and harrying.

I dont get the negativity towards him, he works hard off the ball (although without the flashy pace and energy of Watkins), but regardless he still works hard, he has scored 2 and assisted 1 in 4 games.....i dont see the problem.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i thought Ings pressed very well versus Chealsea (along with others), he didnt really get a sniff shots wise, but we got chances elsewhere so its no biggie.

I thought Ings and Watkins played really well together and led from the front in terms of closing down and pressing, granted Watkins is the more energetic and mobile player, but Ings was pressing and harrying.

I dont get the negativity towards him, he works hard off the ball (although without the flashy pace and energy of Watkins), but regardless he still works hard, he has scored 2 and assisted 1 in 4 games.....i dont see the problem.

Yep his pressing, movement and work rate was on show. I do think his lack of pace makes him look like he isnt actually in play 

Darren Bent didnt do any of that and he was probably our last poacher

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

It's not negativity against Ings.

The point people are trying to make is that when everyone is fit, one of Buendia Bailey or Ings would need to be benched (unless we play some sort of 4-4-2 formation which I believe is not best for our midfield).

Out of these 3 i would bench Ings and play 4-3-3 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

The point people are trying to make is that when everyone is fit, one of Buendia Bailey or Ings would need to be benched (unless we play some sort of 4-4-2 formation which I believe is not best for our midfield).

ye fair point.

i dunno, i think we can play all of the players you mentioned in a 4411 or 433 quite easily.

Will be interesting to see how we fit all this talent in!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

The odds of us ever having everyone fit, not in quarantine, or covid+ or stuck in some weird 5 dimensional time warp is practically zero. We should be forever grateful we have some quality depth this season because we are going to need it. 

• Like 1

On 14/09/2021 at 06:43, Zatman said:

Yep his pressing, movement and work rate was on show. I do think his lack of pace makes him look like he isnt actually in play 

He seems like he lacks pace but he's actually surprisingly rapid. 

On 14/09/2021 at 22:43, Zatman said:

Bent had his moments but would we have been better off signing the beach ball?

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Bent had his moments but would we have been better off signing the beach ball?

Bent was signed into the wrong team. If we had got him in MONs last or 2nd last season it would have made a difference

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Bent was signed into the wrong team. If we had got him in MONs last or 2nd last season it would have made a difference

yep same here, he didnt press, he didnt contest balls in the air, he looked lazy at times

but bear in mind that those times were under ginger bollocks and he was our only player in their half...he wasnt lazy he just wasnt stupid enough to press a keeper who has a back 4 and a midfielder as an out ball

if he'd come to us rather than sunderland in 09 we would have got top 4, thats the year that we got to the league cup final, fa cup semi final and finished 6th with heskey contributing a stonking 5 goals in 42 games...bent got 25 in 40 for comparison

Bent was great under Houllier and then McCleish happened.

I do think Bent would have been enough to get us into the Champs League under MON though.  Especially in 09/10.  The amount of games drawn at home that we just couldn't finish off despite a wealth of chances was very frustrating and easily remedied.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â