Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

57 minutes ago, WHY said:

Didn’t say it was? Just stating he doesn’t look comfortable out wide, odd considering he was once a winger. 

On what are you basing this? Because he has barely played there for Villa. And never once with Danny Ings. 

26 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

On what are you basing this? Because he has barely played there for Villa. And never once with Danny Ings. 

He drifted  out wide in loads of games last season and never looked comfortable,  doesn’t look like he knows how to beat his man imo. I’m a big Watkins fan, think the kid is great but absolutely no reason to move him, he’s a centre forward and a bloody good one. Ings will play in the Barkley role imo and offer a lot more than he did. We have Young, Buendia and El Ghazi who can play left of a front three. I’m not saying it isn’t an option but he should be very much a last resort.

I suppose we could do what I do on Football Manager and go for this:

Emi

Cash       Konsa        Mings     Targett  

Luiz          NEW DM

Buendia   Watkins    Ings       Bailey

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

He drifted  out wide in loads of games last season and never looked comfortable,  doesn’t look like he knows how to beat his man imo. I’m a big Watkins fan, think the kid is great but absolutely no reason to move him, he’s a centre forward and a bloody good one. Ings will play in the Barkley role imo and offer a lot more than he did. We have Young, Buendia and El Ghazi who can play left of a front three. I’m not saying it isn’t an option but he should be very much a last resort.

He's not a dribbler, no. 

I think you should prepare yourself for disappointment. 

Ings is an out and out forward/poacher.

If were going to play him out wide we will quickly find his legs are not up to the task and his body will breakdown there's a reason why Southampton didn't use him this way.

Minamino/Armstrong/Redmond did all the running and Ings banged them in.

Get the ball into his feet around the 8 yard box and he's lethal.

Edited by AshVilla

I'm happy to announce that after a night of hard drinking and sleeping on the Ings news, I'm 100% on board with this signing!  Champions League, here we come!!!  JWP and Messi next, please!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Ings is an out and out forward/poacher.

If were going to play him out wide we will quickly find his legs are not up to the task and his body will breakdown there's a reason why Southampton didn't use him this way.

Minamino/Armstrong did all the running and Ings banged them in.

It is rare somebody is as clueless about a reasonably famous footballer as you have been in this post. It is remarkable to be honest.

Edit - although for the record I do not think Ings will play at inside forward, he is more clinical a finisher than Watkins, by quite a lot tbf. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Agreed. Smith likes an inside forward with fullback to provide width anyway

Exactly.  When you look at Ollie's heat map for last season it was mainly between the opposition right-sided CB and the RB.  I think that this season it will change by a few metres but that is it.  Rather than coming of the CB's right shoulder he'll be directly attacking the space between the RB and the CB.  Bailey will do similar (in the same way Bertie does) on the right.  Whilst Ings will attacking the space between the two CBs.  This way both centre backs will need to protect their inside (against Ings) and be worried about their outside (with Watkins and Bailey cutting in).  The space to the outside of the RB and LB is where Targett and Cash will be pushing.  It is very similar to last season - Jack and Bertie weren't playing wide to attack the byline and get crosses in.  They were mainly looking to attack the top of the box cutting into the middle or to make space out wide for Targett or Cash.  2 inside forwards and 1 central forward rather than a LW CF RW.  That's my opinion anyway.

Edited by allani
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

He couldn't tell his family? Lange really is doubling down on secrecy. 

As a fan, I don't hate it. Must be really difficult for the players though. I can't imagine making a big life decision which involved moving across the country without talking it through with my old man first.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â