Tim Iroegbunam

useless

3 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I bet they are raging about Onana's performance for us yesterday 😂

Nah, they are so happy they have Tim.  He got MOTM yesterday with 100% of the votes last time I looked!

and funnily Onana got MOTM in our vote. Both teams very happy with our sale and purchases. 

On 17/08/2024 at 15:51, villa4europe said:

Don't disagree but at the same time there's an unrealistic expectation round these guys, Tim was labelled as not good enough when he was 18 breaking through, same as chuk "not doing enough" "not controlling games" it's out of touch with modern football where very few teenagers play a lot of PL football

It was spring year where he didn't look good enough because he looked like he hadn't progressed, like the 6 months lost to injury really were lost, until that point he was still a kid finding his way, 6/10 player which at that age is perfectly fine - not enough fans understand that's perfectly fine, they expect too much 

standing-ovation-clap.gif

17 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

9 tackles lol wth.

Hope we have a sell on just incase, Betting we don't tho. 

I’d be very surprised if we didn’t, seems Monchi’s MO. I’d imagine, Everton have done likewise with Dobbin 

Edited by mikeyp102

• 2 weeks later...

Everton are loving him. A sample of comments from their match thread and their Tim thread on their forum…

“Wow. Young player of the year this year. Villa have had their pants pulled down massively.

Clearly enjoying himself on the pitch. His value increasing 5m every game.

Amazing that Villa let him go at all, never mind for just £10 million.

What a player this lad is looking. So elegant on the ball and like a young Gana off it.

Becoming my favorite player after Branners.

Yeah crazy. A real talent.

It's funny how he was basically signed to help save the club from a points deduction and he ends up being our best player by a mile.

He’s a baller, I’ll give Thelwell massive props for this.

Not many players play as the key CM aged 21 in the premier league. For 75 minutes he was absolutely everywhere and quality on the ball.”

….. and on and on, the forum is full of comments like this! He’s also been their MOTM in 2 out of 3 games so far. 

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/tim-iroegbunam.120144/page-25

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

Please tell me we have a buy back then if this is the case! We’ll last Kamara next year so will need more cover. So, has he actually been that good? Were there signs last season that he would be this good? Have we made a mistake? 

First of all, Emery and the staff made it very clear that he had to be moved on to balance the PSR and they would have kept him given the choice.  

Secondly, Everton are absolutely awful and if the holding midfielder is MOTM when losing badly each week, then it shows just how bad they are.

I remember Kevin Gage was our player of the season as holding midfielder in our first year back in 1988-89 season, when we finished one point above relegation. The following year he was played out of position at left-back and was being booed by our own fans. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Please tell me we have a buy back then if this is the case! We’ll last Kamara next year so will need more cover. So, has he actually been that good? Were there signs last season that he would be this good? Have we made a mistake? 

Would he get into our starting line up today? No. Doesn't mean to say he's a bad player. He was always highly rated, but never really showed it for us.

9 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

Secondly, Everton are absolutely awful and if the holding midfielder is MOTM when losing badly each week, then it shows just how bad they are.. 

He's not really playing as a pure DM. He's going forward quite a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's not really playing as a pure DM. He's going forward quite a bit. 

Fair enough - I haven't really watched them to be honest.  But still, those speculating that we've made a mistake are missing the point that he's being viewed as one of the better players in a truly awful team right now.  Even if Everton recover to finish mid-table or top-half that's still several levels below where we are aspiring to be.  

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Everton are loving him. A sample of comments from their match thread and their Tim thread on their forum…

“Wow. Young player of the year this year. Villa have had their pants pulled down massively.

Clearly enjoying himself on the pitch. His value increasing 5m every game.

Amazing that Villa let him go at all, never mind for just £10 million.

What a player this lad is looking. So elegant on the ball and like a young Gana off it.

Becoming my favorite player after Branners.

Yeah crazy. A real talent.

It's funny how he was basically signed to help save the club from a points deduction and he ends up being our best player by a mile.

He’s a baller, I’ll give Thelwell massive props for this.

Not many players play as the key CM aged 21 in the premier league. For 75 minutes he was absolutely everywhere and quality on the ball.”

….. and on and on, the forum is full of comments like this! He’s also been their MOTM in 2 out of 3 games so far. 

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/tim-iroegbunam.120144/page-25

Happy for Tim but he might be there best player with no competition

13 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

It just looks an amazing deal for them as we got Dobbin for 10 million so in essence a straight swap.

It hurts a bit they got a quality player for “£10m” and we got a complete nothing player in exchange. Surely we could have got more out of that 

• Like 1

Tim would never have suited our play under emery. Onana would never have suited their play under dyche. Most teams in the prem now play risky football so Everton was one of the only places for him to go. 10 mill a fair price.

On the other hand 10 mill for dobbin looks a lot 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â