Tim Iroegbunam

useless

will be interesting to see how he develops.

He might not kick on, but he has good physical and technical attributes, but maybe not the confidence, a good season in the PL with 20-30 appearances under his belt, might do him the world of good.

If he gets that at Everton.

His best chance to break through was 2nd half of last season with all the injuries we had. The fact Emery didn't even start him in the final game when the likes of chambers was playing maybe was a sign he didn't have a future.

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

F*** PSR Tim deserved more time with us to develop.

PSR might be the reason that he has been sold permanently rather than loaned out but he needed some sort of move regardless as he wasn't going to get anything like the minutes needed to continue his development with us. 

I genuinely think he will have a breakout season next year. He's absolutely not a DM, I don't know where this has come from. He can do the Gueye or Doucoure role for sure, he's got legs and ability for days, he will kick on and bag goals next year.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

will be interesting to see how he develops.

He might not kick on, but he has good physical and technical attributes, but maybe not the confidence, a good season in the PL with 20-30 appearances under his belt, might do him the world of good.

If he gets that at Everton.

Not sure he'll be a starter even if they sell Onana. Central midfield of Gana-James Garner-Doucoure is what Dyche loves, players scrapping and running all over the pitch and in fairness it won them the games they needed end of last season.

However he'll get far more minutes off the bench than here so that will be his chance to force his way in as a starter for second half of the season.

Everton will also be taken over at some stage and have the new ground so they'll likely improve in next 2-3 years to get back into the top half again.

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I genuinely think he will have a breakout season next year. He's absolutely not a DM, I don't know where this has come from. He can do the Gueye or Doucoure role for sure, he's got legs and ability for days, he will kick on and bag goals next year.

Doucoure is huge for Dyche with the way he plays.

He'll be in competition with James Garner more and whoever else they sign for the box to box role. Garner had that excellent loan at Forest and then moved straight away to play regular prem football so that's where Tim is about 12 months behind in his development.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Doucoure is huge for Dyche with the way he plays.

He'll be in competition with James Garner more and whoever else they sign for the box to box role. Garner had that excellent loan at Forest and then moved straight away to play regular prem football so that's where Tim is about 12 months behind in his development.

Garner was playing right midfield when I had the torture of watching Everton last season

Edited by Zatman

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Garner was playing right midfield when I had the torture of watching Everton last season

Yeah he sort of alternates between that and the 8 position. A very poor version of McGinn. Last 6-7 games Onana was benched and he was playing central midfield and Everton won four of those matches so can't see anything but him starting the season there if he's fit.

Tim will get plenty of chances as the season goes on.

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’d love it if the club to have something more individual in their parting messages for players. Such as “Everyone at the club is proud that you made your Premier league debut playing with us and we wish it’s the first of many for you. Thank you @Tim_Iro”

'Thanks Joleon for your service, you really were a massive heap of shit and we hope you have no more pocket mishaps with your phone. Cheers for sending us down to the Championship, all the best you Yam Yam clown'

I can see where you're going with this. 

• Like 1

Â