Tim Iroegbunam

useless

I really wanted Tim to succeed at Villa, there were such promising signs early on and at the start of his QPR loan. Unfortunately we've really seen nothing in his first team appearances so far to suggest that he's still going to develop into the player we hoped.

I'm glad he's getting a move to another big club that could potentially give him more Premier League opportunities in future. Not giving up on him having a top level career but ultimately I think cashing in now is the right call because he'll be so far from the team next season after we make more signings.

Wonder how these kids feel being traded like commodities.  They surely know what's going on here and that Everton/Chelsea have brought them in to balance the books and not their squad.

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Wonder how these kids feel being traded like commodities.  They surely know what's going on here and that Everton/Chelsea have brought them in to balance the books and not their squad.

The loyalty bonus from villa, signing bonus from Everton and jump in wages probably makes it all ok 

He's a villa fan though I think (I'm sure there's photos of him and Barry at VP as kids) so must be a tinge of disappointment, he's right in what he says about PL and European debut too so a bit of first love about it

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Must be a bit odd but at the same time it appears both players might get loaned out for a while so I guess to a degree it doesn't matter who their parent clubs are.

They both likely get a pay increase and a signing on fee.

• Like 1

I am absolutely and I mean absolutely gutted about losing Tim ............

....... okay I'm over it, what's for lunch ?

It was hard to judge him really on the limited amount of minutes played after a half-season injury. Emery did trust him to help see out leads in crucial games (I suppose all league games were crucial really) and I do recall him making some good interceptions during opposition transitions. 

I am sure he will prove more than useful for Everton, at the very least. 

18 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I’d love it if the club to have something more individual in their parting messages for players. Such as “Everyone at the club is proud that you made your Premier league debut playing with us and we wish it’s the first of many for you. Thank you @Tim_Iro”

• Like 3

Â