Tim Iroegbunam

useless

I've always wanted Tim to do well when he's played for Villa and during his loan spells but he's never looked like he had "it". Wish him all the best at Everton and hope the move works out for him.

Kind of annoyed that I've only just figured out how to consistently spell his surname correctly and now he's leaving, though.

• Like 2

Good luck to him but even when we had a central midfield crisis last season he couldn’t force his way into the team.

clearly not fancied by our coaching staff and therefore moved for a significant fee. 

Great decision for all parties concerned 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I feel like Everton are getting the better player. I feel like Tim is going to be playing at a higher level than Dobbin. 

Meh. It's not really about that, is it? It's just about PSR at this point.

Tim clearly wasn't rated by Emery and we needed to move him on, so to get 9m for him when he was never going to play is decent enough. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Tim clearly wasn't rated by Emery and we needed to move him on, so to get 9m for him when he was never going to play is decent enough. 

The deal seems more like an "i'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" deal, doubt he'll play much for us and will probably be loaned out a few times then sold. 

Would have liked us to go for Onana, would be good cover and competition for Kamara.

Edited by duke313

Just now, lexicon said:

Oh yeah, this is just a PSR deal, not denying that at all. 

Just on the players alone, I feel Tim will be the better player. 

17 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I feel like Everton are getting the better player. I feel like Tim is going to be playing at a higher level than Dobbin. 

He obviously has the physical attributes and there is potential there. But, and I can’t stress this enough, mentally so far for the first team he hasn’t looked up for it. He hasn’t had the confidence to receive the ball in tight areas, something that is imperative in Emery’s system. I hope he has a good career, but can’t see him making it here and selling is the right move 

17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He obviously has the physical attributes and there is potential there. But, and I can’t stress this enough, mentally so far for the first team he hasn’t looked up for it. He hasn’t had the confidence to receive the ball in tight areas, something that is imperative in Emery’s system. I hope he has a good career, but can’t see him making it here and selling is the right move 

Everton fans say the same about Dobbin too

But who knows, a change of clubs could change the both players fortunes 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

I’ve not been on much so was shocked to read that another premier league club is spending nearly £10m on Tim, but then to see the comments and general theme of PSR deals now being a thing, I think it’s a bit depressing. Good luck to him, but it doesn’t even feel like a genuine signing for them, I hope he gets some games and it works out. 

31 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Oh yeah, this is just a PSR deal, not denying that at all. 

Just on the players alone, I feel Tim will be the better player. 

He might and probably will be - but it's clear he's got no future with us.

Just now, lexicon said:

He might and probably will be - but it's clear he's got no future with us.

True, yet, I feel the same about Dobbin too. 

The next Finn Azaz, on loan for his entire Villa career 

Â