Tim Iroegbunam

useless

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I can only offer my apologies.

I believe they are allowed in general transfer chat as that's just banter. Not allowed as a source for individual threads. Might only be in relation to starting threads about linked players with them as source. 

Anyway, they are always made up bs for clicks. So liking Watkins with moves to Liverpool in last week or two etc.. that level made up bs

He will never get game time under Emery and a loan to the championship benefits no one, so the best option is to sell him. £10m is a great price, surprising to be honest as it’s fairly obvious he isn’t in our plans.

• Like 2

Im not at all sad to see him go. He never really impressed when called upon and looked largely anonymous when he did play.

If this means we are getting onana im very happy. Onana is a top player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

I don't think £10m is a good deal for Iroegbunam unless it includes a buyback, give him a run of games and he will be worth more than that, all Everton would have to do is loan him to the Championship next season to a decent club and they would likely be in a position to make a profit on him next summer

We loaned him out to the championship and didn’t get bigger bids for him. 

If it’s true, it’s a great deal, might have potential but has looked scared to get the ball this season when played. Can’t see him fitting into an Emery team being like that. Also I’d be surprised if we don’t add some some on clause/buy back. 

Edited by mikeyp102

I think he's another and possibly the best example of a young player that's suffered as a result of how much Villa have kicked on under Emery. Had a good loan spell with QPR and some impressive - albeit fleeting - appearances for the first team, but by the time he was fully part of the senior squad last season we were suddenly in contention for Champions League qualification, where evidently it was too much too soon for him to be trusted. If we were plodding along in mid-table he'd have probably gotten more chances to kick on a bit but as it stands this likely represents a good deal given where the football world is at in terms of PSR and the joys associated with it. There's definitely a player in there though.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

they get a great prospect

There is scant evidence from the last two seasons this is true. 

Even (some) QPR fans thought he was a player with potential but not Premier League ready. (Ripple Effect podcast guy said this, for example).

If the reported price is correct, this is unbelievable business by us.

38 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I believe they are allowed in general transfer chat as that's just banter. Not allowed as a source for individual threads. Might only be in relation to starting threads about linked players with them as source. 

Anyway, they are always made up bs for clicks. So liking Watkins with moves to Liverpool in last week or two etc.. that level made up bs

Same bloke is now claiming we will bring in Tammy. Broken clock is that website. 

25 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

£10m is a great price, surprising to be honest as it’s fairly obvious he isn’t in our plans.

15 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I've no idea what game Everton have watched and thought this guy is worth 10 million but I'll not complain. 

Theres a few different tweets floating around with figures - the general consensus seems to be that it’s UP TO £10m with all add-ons included.  Speculation is that it’s £2-5 million upfront.

19 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I've no idea what game Everton have watched and thought this guy is worth 10 million but I'll not complain. 

Borough fans probably thought the same about Rogers in fairness.

Anyway good luck to him!

Give us the monies!

I’d say 10m is the going rate for a academy player moving to another premier league team especially one that’s gained premier league experience. Southampton paid 20m for Lavia and he never played a minute of football for City.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

I hope there’s a buy back clause 

I doubt we'd need it. Rather have a sell on clause

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He was one of the hottest youngsters in England 18 month ago and he's only 20. A few below par 20 min appearances and people acting like he's Djemba Djemba.

Utterly bizarre 

He's not as good as Djemba-Djemba. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He was one of the hottest youngsters in England 18 month ago and he's only 20. A few below par 20 min appearances and people acting like he's Djemba Djemba.

Utterly bizarre 

He's looked awful for us, and our greatest manager for the last 30 odd years is offloading him for £10m so he's obviously not particularly rated

• Like 3

£10m + add ons + sell on seems a good price if we get something like that. He's not going to get game time here so right for him to move on. PSR help always good.

• Like 2

Â