Tim Iroegbunam

useless

Too lightweight. May yet prove a player but we do not have the luxury of waiting to find out when there is value to be gleaned. Sale makes sense to me.

Just annoying we're having to do this rather than shipping out the likes of Dendoncker who might rot on high wages with us.

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Good deal, if true, do we have a better source than this though? FI is generally terrible.

Imagine if we get rid of Dendoncker ASWELL! 🤩 

They’re welcome to both.

• Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Good deal, if true, do we have a better source than this though? FI is generally terrible.

Imagine if we get rid of Dendoncker ASWELL! 🤩 

They’re welcome to both.

I'll keep an eye out.

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I'll keep an eye out.

Think they’re on the blacklist here… but maybe they’ve sorted themselves out a bit 🤷‍♂️

Hope it is true.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

Decent deal if true. I might be wrong here but as far as FFP is concerned, isn't this effectively like selling Dendoncker for £23m?

I think his "book value" is next to nothing, so would be very good for PSR--not sure about a specific figure though.

• Like 1

Just now, burchy said:

Aren’t Everton up more of a creek than us? How can they afford him? If true good business from us though. 

Maybe we’re helping each other out…

I think it’s a great deal for us, Everton and Tim.

he stays in the prem and better chance at 1st team football.

they get a great prospect

and we get moneys, hopefully a buyback clause in there too

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, burchy said:

Aren’t Everton up more of a creek than us? How can they afford him? If true good business from us though. 

All part of our Summer 2024 SwapMeet extravaganza. This time it's Onana. We are clearly trying to set a world record for agent fees or at least how many agents we can deal with. :D 

• Haha 2

I'd imagine this will be £5m plus addons that could reach £10m. I can't see how a club (especially Everton) can justify spending that much on a player that Emery chose an out of position Chambers over. 

4 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I'd imagine this will be £5m plus addons that could reach £10m. I can't see how a club (especially Everton) can justify spending that much on a player that Emery chose an out of position Chambers over. 

Chambers has always been an optional holding midfielder throughout his career 

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

So many different factors involved these days.  Hopefully it's linked to a deal for Onana, I'd feel much more confident with him in midfield until Kamara is back than a player like Gallagher, for all his qualities.

Â