Tim Iroegbunam

useless

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I hope there’s a buy back clause 

I don't think we'd ever use it.

It's clear that Emery doesn't really have a use for him, so selling him makes a lot of sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Tim 10m, Dendoncker 5m… we take Onana for…25m? 😮 

Ok… I’ll stop dreaming 😆

They want 50 million for Onana amd he isnt worth it

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

FOOTBALL INSIDER AT THE BACK POST! GET OFF THAT BANNED LIST.

I'm utterly amazed they got something right. But I'm going with the "got lucky" at this stage as its a record that stands at roughly 1 out of 10,000.

Let's see how their next link goes. 

• Like 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

I'm utterly amazed they got something right. But I'm going with the "got lucky" at this stage as its a record that stands at roughly 1 out of 10,000.

Let's see how their next link goes. 

Don't kill the vibe, Mr. B!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think £10m is a good deal for Iroegbunam unless it includes a buyback, give him a run of games and he will be worth more than that, all Everton would have to do is loan him to the Championship next season to a decent club and they would likely be in a position to make a profit on him next summer

Come off it. All things considered, it's a f****** excellent deal. 

• Like 4

Like others have said, given the links to Onana, this all feels too random and out of the blue to NOT have anything to do with Onana. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we do end up getting him and I for one, welcome our new 6ft 4 Belgian overlord. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Not sure Everton are getting the best deal of the 3 parties here...

I don’t think they are either. I wonder what “Striker” thinks about this?

• Haha 1

If you'd have asked me where Iroegbunam was likely to end up this Summer at the start of the window, I'd have told you it's likely he'll go out on loan to a championship club again with an option to buy set at around £3-4m. Genuinely. I've really not been impressed with him at all in the minutes he's had on the pitch for us. That's not to say he won't turn into a very good player but he's not 'that' young and like I say, I just haven't seen it with him yet. 

To get £10m is a ridiculous bit of business, especially given the 30th June deadline to raise funds, and it's 'pure profit' as the accountants on here will confirm. 

Given the fee however, I don't think this is quite the amazing deal we think it is as I thoroughly expect this to be linked to Onana somehow. Both Villa and Everton have PSR issues. We want Onana, they want Iroegbunam, we do some sort of creative deal. The £10m for Iroegbunam may well be reflected in the inflated figure we pay for that big, beautiful Belgian ba*tard who I've rarely seen play. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don't think we'd ever use it.

It's clear that Emery doesn't really have a use for him, so selling him makes a lot of sense.

I still think Tim has a lot of potential - if they don’t put at least a sell on clause I’d be surprised 

13 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

I don’t think they are either. I wonder what “Striker” thinks about this?

probably rates him more than Luiz :D  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Â