Tim Iroegbunam

useless

1 minute ago, Enda said:

Another year in the Championship for Tim, or is he ready for our match day squad?

At 19 it seems another year away would be good for him.

Maybe first half of the season with us if we have European football. 2nd half of the season on loan when we're knocked out of all the cups😂

But I dont think Tim has stood out as much as lets say Philogene. 

Tim would be asked to play one of the double pivot positions so I don't really think it makes sense to put him there given the high amount of pressure applied to those double pivot positions in Unai's system.

I think another loan is going to have to be on the cards as a regular starter next year unless he's needed for cups if we make Europe.

15 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Tim would be asked to play one of the double pivot positions so I don't really think it makes sense to put him there given the high amount of pressure applied to those double pivot positions in Unai's system.

I think another loan is going to have to be on the cards as a regular starter next year unless he's needed for cups if we make Europe.

Agreed, you want him the star man for a top Championship side next season so he's in the right place for us the season after and can take the squad place of Dendoncker 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Agreed, you want him the star man for a top Championship side next season so he's in the right place for us the season after and can take the squad place of Dendoncker 

He could probably take Dendonckers place now, don't think Emery is that keen on Donck as he keeps bringing Chambers on instead.

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He could probably take Dendonckers place now, don't think Emery is that keen on Donck as he keeps bringing Chambers on instead.

Well Chambers came on as a CB and RB in last two games. So not really that he was picked over Dendoncker. Emery nailed it tactically in 2nd half at Chelsea. They had no real chances that half.

• Like 1

Sorry I think people are just overrating Tim. I know it’s part of being our academy but he’s an on/off starter for a poor QPR team and expecting him to play against Europe or even bottom prem teams in a crucial double pivot is a bit much. 

He's stood out at Championship level this season, was by far our best player at that level until Aaron Ramsey's recent good displays, when Beale was at QPR was probably one of the best midfielders in the Championship, was no surprise to me to see reports of the likes of Dortmund watching him, he was playing better for QPR than for our U21s which takes some doing, even when Critchley came in and QPR's form nose dived he wasn't playing badly, just more of a reserved role, haven't watched them since Ainsworth went there.

He's probably the academy player most ready for our first team squad, and can fit into several positions, can play alongside Luiz or Kamara, and can play the roles that McGinn and Ramsey sometimes play as wide midfielders, don't expect him to get lots of goals and assists but he's a very good attacker.

If not deemed ready for first team squad next season or we just think it makes more sense for him to get as much game time as possible somewhere else, then I think he will be one of the players that comes into contention for a loan to Vitória, one or two of them going there probably inevitable, and he's one of the few we have that will be deemed good enough, the others probably being Aaron Ramsey, Philogene, and possibly Kesler, not sure what's going to happen with Archer.

7 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Sorry I think people are just overrating Tim. I know it’s part of being our academy but he’s an on/off starter for a poor QPR team and expecting him to play against Europe or even bottom prem teams in a crucial double pivot is a bit much. 

He's too good for the Championship. If we don't use him, we'll lose him. He doesn't have to start games yet but its time to bring him into the squad full time.

10 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

How would Dendoncker look in that QPR team for example. We also see Nakamba tearing it up for a top Championship side like Luton. People here really overrate how ready our good academy players are for PL football.

Just now, CVByrne said:

How would Dendoncker look in that QPR team for example. We also see Nakamba tearing it up for a top Championship side like Luton. People here really overrate how ready our good academy players are for PL football.

Tim is 19 though.

7 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He's too good for the Championship. If we don't use him, we'll lose him. He doesn't have to start games yet but its time to bring him into the squad full time.

If he was too good for championship, he would be bossing it and unplayable. Right now, he’s sometimes good but often not far from a 6/10. 

He has talent but application throughout the whole season and constantly being the best player on the team would mean he’s too good for championship. Right now he just has talent but so do many other academy players. 

Like @CVByrne said, Dendocker would tear apart the championship. Nakamba has “transformed” Luton and he wouldn’t come near the double pivot spots. 

Tim needs continued development, not bit parts as part of the bench. And I don’t think Unai will give him starts, especially if we want to go deep in Europe or cups. 

Just now, DJBOB said:

If he was too good for championship, he would be bossing it and unplayable. Right now, he’s sometimes good but often not far from a 6/10. 

He has talent but application throughout the whole season and constantly being the best player on the team would mean he’s too good for championship. Right now he just has talent but so do many other academy players. 

Like @CVByrne said, Dendocker would tear apart the championship. Nakamba has “transformed” Luton and he wouldn’t come near the double pivot spots. 

Tim needs continued development, not bit parts as part of the bench. And I don’t think Unai will give him starts, especially if we want to go deep in Europe or cups. 

Where are you getting this 6/10 thing from?

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Where are you getting this 6/10 thing from?

I haven't watched all of Tim's games at QPR but from the ones I've watched, he hasn't been the best player on the pitch. 

If you were to go by any of the ratings (whoscored, sofascore) - he's not even amongst the best XI in their ratings.

Eye test, stats test - he's not ready for the prem by any means. 

1 minute ago, DJBOB said:

I haven't watched all of Tim's games at QPR but from the ones I've watched, he hasn't been the best player on the pitch. 

If you were to go by any of the ratings (whoscored, sofascore) - he's not even amongst the best XI in their ratings.

Eye test, stats test - he's not ready for the prem by any means. 

We'll see. Your eye test differs from mine. I see a class player who though not the finished article yet, has massive potential and will realise it quicker against better opposition and with better players around him. 
The QPR fans I know rave about him too.

Like I said, not ready to start games in the Premier League regularly perhaps, but to take his place in the squad? Yeah, I think so.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â