Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

55 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Last season.. and the 2 seasons prior ? 

Who is saying play him in a youth team or sell him? Just you.

Most are saying drop him to the bench.

Read the post I responded to instead of being ignorant

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Stop making things up, boy, what a childlike mentality, make things up and then pretend you didn't 🤣🤣

Boy??? You're obviously are a very little boy if you can't read ffs. Back to Janet & John for you 😂

This is what I responded to....."either playing with our development sides or even out on loan in a lower division."

Edited by avfc1982am

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Boy??? You're obviously are a very little boy if you can't read ffs. Back to Janet & John for you 😂

This is what I responded to....."either playing with our development sides or even out on loan in a lower division."

Bed wetting at its finest 🤣🤣🤣

Interesting watching him last night.

Its still not happening for him clearly, he seems indecisive and devoid of confidence to beat a man, he’s getting knocked off the ball far too easily - and it’s 100% getting to him. When the half time whistle went he went down in a kind of forward heap with his head in his hands, Konsa went over to see if he was okay the the medical staff ran on but he got up just as they approached, it was actually really sad to witness because it was the action of a ‘broken’ man.

To his credit, he kept going second half and whilst still hit and miss he did play a beautiful ball (I was right in line with it) down the channel for Konsa which resulted in the free kick for the first goal.

I’ve posted it on a few occasions lately so apols for repetition and honestly, I have no agenda here, said it before but Bailey was probably the player who impressed me most last season overall, playing the final month or so on basically one leg because we had no other options, absolute warrior. But it’s the polar opposite right now and I really hope that they can work out the issue and get it rectified ASAP because man, imagine how much better we’d be right now if he was fit and firing at his best on top of us already doing so well! 

• Like 3

He stunk the place out again if we’re honest. I thought he was lucky to see the second half. 

But he’ll get back there. The good thing is we have a squad now where we can manage form like this and don’t have to rely on the same players every week even if they’re not performing 

• Like 1

I think Unai knows that right now we're probably playing well enough to keep Leon in the team and hope he can find form. At some point this season we will need him to be on form. 

A lot of his best form last year came from the bench, coming on and helping get the goal to kill off a team. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

When the half time whistle went he went down in a kind of forward heap with his head in his hands, Konsa went over to see if he was okay the the medical staff ran on but he got up just as they approached, it was actually really sad to witness because it was the action of a ‘broken’ man.

It took me back to the Wolves home game two years ago (under Gerrard I think) where we'd been 1-0 down, battled back for an equalizer and right at the end Bailey had that chance where he'd rounded the keeper and more or less needed to pass it into the back of the net and he put it wide. It was pretty much the last kick of the game and he ended up in a heap and in tears. He went from that low in confidence to being absolutely brilliant for us in a short space of time.  Just needs to get his full fitness and his mojo back.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paul33 said:

At the moment, he really is useless ...... he really is !

I accept that he is low on confidence and off his game but Villa are a side trying to battle at the top end of every competition they take part in and we can't operate as some sort of therapy centre for struggling players ..... especially when we have others waiting in the wings. He needs to rediscover some sort of form (not that I think he ever had much to shout about) either playing with our development sides or even out on loan in a lower division. 

I get this, but the double standards with him and Ramsey is annoying me. With Bailey, its 'we can't afford to carry him right now!!' with Ramsey its 'he's coming back from an injury' (which seems to have been the line for ages) 'needs more time' 'we know our JJ will get there'

Needs to be the same treatment applied to all the players in our squad who are returning from injury or out of form.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Interesting watching him last night.

Its still not happening for him clearly, he seems indecisive and devoid of confidence to beat a man, he’s getting knocked off the ball far too easily - and it’s 100% getting to him. When the half time whistle went he went down in a kind of forward heap with his head in his hands, Konsa went over to see if he was okay the the medical staff ran on but he got up just as they approached, it was actually really sad to witness because it was the action of a ‘broken’ man.

To his credit, he kept going second half and whilst still hit and miss he did play a beautiful ball (I was right in line with it) down the channel for Konsa which resulted in the free kick for the first goal.

I’ve posted it on a few occasions lately so apols for repetition and honestly, I have no agenda here, said it before but Bailey was probably the player who impressed me most last season overall, playing the final month or so on basically one leg because we had no other options, absolute warrior. But it’s the polar opposite right now and I really hope that they can work out the issue and get it rectified ASAP because man, imagine how much better we’d be right now if he was fit and firing at his best on top of us already doing so well! 

He seems to me a "highly strung" Character, and it looks to me like he is at war with himself....quite sad imo.

He needs to be left alone to work his head out and recover his confidence.

It's not a case of having mental issues, but some folk do have a fragile state of mind and Leon might be one.

I think he needs the pressure off, so he can come back in his own time.

Unai is probably one of the best to deal with this.

15 hours ago, paul514 said:

He’s a shadow of last year. I don’t think he is carrying anything either as we have the players for him not to be in the 11 or 18 now if needs be.

I don't think its an injury, more like a confidence crisis....which can be equally as debilitating or worse.

Watching his feet, is a dead give away, he is indecisive of what he intends to do, and his feet tell the story, and trying too hard is the worst thing you can do.

It's like the harder you try, the worst it gets....its bloomin horrible.

He needs all the support he can get.....from us and the club.

PS It's not always like he needs a goal, it can be worse than that.

PPS I know it's hard to do, but chanting his name, when he is struggling, can help. Its like defiance to the condition, which may help him snap out of it.

Edited by TRO

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â