Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Ramsey was miles better than Bailey was. Okay he should have scored at the end but he didn't turn in circles and then fall over like Bailey. 

Yeah I agree. Bailey was atrocious.

Got really frustrated with the ref again and let it get in his head. 

There also seems to be less support out where he is, as the RB is a lot deeper than on the left most of the time. 

He's not in form, though. It'll come back. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ramsey was fine. Just should have scored.

I didn't think he was fine tbh. Two crucial moments: the finish and a pass into a dangerous area (when he had loads of time to make it) and messed up both. Better than Bailey though no doubt.

14 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Got really frustrated with the ref again and let it get in his head. 

There also seems to be less support out where he is, as the RB is a lot deeper than on the left most of the time. 

He's not in form, though. It'll come back. 

It not just the right back. Our ball playing CB operates on the left side. Our ball playing CM operates on the left side. Our overlapping/attacking full back is always on the left. Everything goes down the left, so he often looks isolated. It must be frustrating for him. At one point tonight he got the ball and was immediately surrounded by 3 players. 

I'm not making excuses for him, but I can see why its hard for him to play his way out of the slump. 

Still, thought he was a bit better tonight.

• Like 3

He's getting doubled up on a lot and not getting the space he had last season. However, not in great form by any means, although the fact he's getting isolated at times is freeing up space for others to run into. We are going to need him this season and I still think he'll get back to where he was given time. 

He has zero confidence in himself and looks to be carrying some weight vs last season. He just isn’t instinctive as last season, he doesn’t believe he can beat his man anymore. He was injured through the summer and didn’t play for Jamaica, I assume it’s an injury hangover?

Think people are being very harsh on him. He didn’t get a lot out of the ref tonight, and having Konsa RB / Maatsen LB meant the game plan was to overload the left wing and leave Bailey fairly isolated.

I think he’s one of those who just needs a wondergoal or one great match to set off on a run of looking world class again.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Think people are being very harsh on him. He didn’t get a lot out of the ref tonight, and having Konsa RB / Maatsen LB meant the game plan was to overload the left wing and leave Bailey fairly isolated.

I think he’s one of those who just needs a wondergoal or one great match to set off on a run of looking world class again.

That's fair. I'm desperate for him to come out of this... funk.

He's given the ball away multiple times each game, lost control of the ball multiples times per game and ran into cul-de-sacs multiple times each game.

He's been by far the worst player in pretty much most games this season.

Quite the contrast to last season where when he got the ball, the expectation was he would control it, advance and do something positive and last season the majority of the time he did make things happen.

What ever the reasons, he needs dropping and getting minutes off the bench because he is by far our weakest link this season.

Hopefully he gets back his player of the year form of last season.

• Like 1

I don’t think he’s fully fit at the moment but still our best option at RM.

felt for him last night, the effort was there but it wasn’t happening for him and he was kicked about by their defence.

The posts about him being useless are way over the top…

• Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â