Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

I agree with @foreveryoung that he's carrying an injury, or that he is recovered but doesn't trust his legs enough to go full power and test them.

If Philogene could stay on the pitch (I'm setting referee bullshit aside), this would be less of a concern. But he's going to get replaced by McGinn and a narrower formation very very soon, and if he's on the bench and we're already narrow, he may end up behind Buendia.

A lot of his best work last season came off the bench against tired legs. I wonder if that'll be a way in which he can play himself back into some form because it's not been happening for him of late when starting games. I know there's a lot of games coming up and therefore rotation will happen, but in theory I think a starting line behind Watkins of Ramsey-Rogers-McGinn with Bailey coming on after 60 minutes would work quite well.

• Like 2

I seem to remember him starting the season off very similar last year. Once he started coming off the bench and scoring and causing problems he ended up starting because of injuries etc and he made it stick. He just needs a little confidence and maybe a goal.

• Like 3

I thought he played the best he has played since before the first international break for most of the first half.  He was awful in the second half though, but that represents progress.

21 hours ago, MapleVilla said:

I seem to remember him starting the season off very similar last year. Once he started coming off the bench and scoring and causing problems he ended up starting because of injuries etc and he made it stick. He just needs a little confidence and maybe a goal.

Actually he’s done very well against Hibbs which helped him getting goals and assists which helped his form as the games went.

What the **** is going on with this guy? There's clearly talent there, and he's trying, but **** hell, the last few games we'd have been better off dragging some fat bloke out of the stands. Everything he touches is turning to shit. We can't keep playing with 10.

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Phenomenal team performance only negatives Bailey and Ramsey

Ramsey was miles better than Bailey was. Okay he should have scored at the end but he didn't turn in circles and then fall over like Bailey. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â