Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

He is a real problem for us because we don’t have anyone else who can do what he can do. We desperately need another quality attacking winger. I know we have Jaden but he can’t do what prime Bailey can.

• Like 1

Sounds daft but feels like he's missing Diaby, his mate. 

He played his best football when he was here. 

• Like 2

Needs to improve his performance level regardless of the underlying reason behind the drop in his standards.

We've seen what he is capable of and what he can offer the team when he is at his best and am sure Emery will be working hard to get Bailey back to his best. 

He was absolutely dreadful today. I’m a big fan because when he’s on form he’s absolutely quality but he’s let his standards slip massively this season and it’s very disappointing. I don’t even think it’s fitness/injury, his attitude was rubbish today and that’s unacceptable.

I think Unai might have to bench him for a couple of games to give him the kick up the arse he needs. Trouble is we don’t have a great deal of depth on that right hand side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

He will find his form. Class is permanent 

True. Unfortunately all we've seen so far is some temporary form😔

• Like 1

It wasn't so much his taking players on,  but his touch was terrible. He couldn't control the ball at all.

If he's not fit, he shouldn't be starting, if he is fit he should be able to control a ball.

He's got to step it up soon. We know he's capable of it, so I'm thinking he's still carrying a knock and scared to aggravate it.

• Like 1

‘He’s injured’, ‘He’s carrying a knock’.

Yawn. Played well for Villa for 25% of his time at the club. If we want to get to the next level, he’s a player we need to replace. Brilliant every now and again, but rubbish for the majority. 

• Like 4

I can only hope that it's fitness because he is a shadow of the player we saw last season. He looks like he doesn't want to take anyone on and is frustrated with himself constantly on the pitch. Needs to do a lot better than he has so far this season.

• Like 1

Absolutely awful today, worse than under Gerrard. As soon as Diaby signed, he came alive, the second he left, he's playing like he's in flip flops. Not sure if related, but right now he shouldn't even be close to the bench based on recent performances. 

He was a passenger today, in fact worse than that - he gave the ball away a lot.

BUT - you could tell her was frustrated, and that he knows he’s not playing well, and he cares. All of that, plus his performances last year, mean he still has a lot of credit in the bank. 

I think McGinn will play right side on Tuesday to make us more solid anyway, but as others have said - Leon might benefit with some cameos from the bench, as he did last year before cementing his place.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â