Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Who do we play though, Ramsey probably out, McGinn injured.  Do we start Buendia?  Or move Tielemans forward and start Barkley in CM, but can only do that if Onana is fit.

Maatsen on the left and Philogene on the right 

• Like 1

He gave it a try, clearly not fit and you could see it the previous game too. He looks 2 weeks away from being 2 weeks away. Injuries already piling up and the squad looks really thin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yeah Don Unai has confirmed Bailey is not fit...

I guess Bailey wants to play which is testament to his character. Good on him, just hope it doesn't impact on his recuperation.

I can’t see it amongst the fans, even going by the comments in here people are pretty sympathetic towards Bailey at the moment.  He probably had twenty good minutes in him and was on the bench in case we were chasing a goal at the end.  JJs injury forced an unexpected change and Bailey had to come on sooner than expected. I don’t think him getting hooked after coming on has any impact here, he did his minutes and we got through the game.  Sometimes I guess football is about crisis management and he bought us time. 

14 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Really enjoying the Maatsen/Duran/Barkley second half substitution. Every game it’s totally lifted our performance and got us wins. Would be a shame to have to start any of them😂

Would definitely start jaden after last night though.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yeah I think we'll do that. Jaden started off nervously as you'd expect but he grew nicely into the game and had some good runs down the left in both halves so more opportunity to do that on Sunday.

Maatsen is well overdue a start in the premier league and if we keep Digne at LB we have him as a bit of a cheat player to come into space centrally. Man. United would massively struggle to pick him up with how slow their midfield generally is.

looked more about having JPB covering their left winger so Konsa could move inside and play as a third CB 

When JJ went off and JPB Switched to the left , Munich were starting to exploit that Bailey couldn't do the defensive leg work , so Emery made a tactical change to fix it 

good management and Baileys reaction when he went off was of someone that understood this , he didn't sulk or throw a strop 

hopefully will have him back to his best in the next few weeks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Who do we play though, Ramsey probably out, McGinn injured.  Do we start Buendia?  Or move Tielemans forward and start Barkley in CM, but can only do that if Onana is fit.

Yeah its not easy. I just don't want to risk Bailey if he's not right. We need him back fit asap as he's important to us. And without pace he's not really very effective,

So, I think now is the time to get a formation with Duran and Watkins in the same team. How that will work in my mind is a midfield 3 of Kamara (Barkley until he's ready), Onana and Tielemans, with Rogers in a free role behind Watkins and Duran.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â