Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Out of curiosity, going to back to last season when was the last time Bailey started a game and had a good game? Possibly Forest at home springs to mind. Feel like his best stuff has come from the bench - I could be wrong though.

40 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's not fired this season. 

We need him now with McGinn out.

Give us something wild on Wednesday, Leon.

I feel like with Leon on the right cutting in, we need a FB like Cash or Ned that pushes up and can overlap occasionally in order to create space for him to cut in. Doesn't really make sense having Konsa or Bogarde who stays back.  

9 hours ago, duke313 said:

I feel like with Leon on the right cutting in, we need a FB like Cash or Ned that pushes up and can overlap occasionally in order to create space for him to cut in. Doesn't really make sense having Konsa or Bogarde who stays back.  

I totally agree.

Emery doesn't and he knows more than us.

It's not the full backs choosing to rarely go forward. It's a clear instruction.

That Ipswich equaliser will cement that in his decision making as Konsa wandering off then losing the ball led to it.

I’ve always rated Leon much more highly when he has been an impact sub. He often fails to reach the same heights when he starts matches. Maybe when Ginny is back, we will see Leon starting on the bench more. He looks so low on confidence at the moment. He’s not even trying to beat his man.

He was integral to the home wins against Man City and Arsenal last season. Playing on the counter where there's space to run into suits his game better than when we're facing a low block, IMO. Currently he's not able to find that extra yard of space for a cross/shot when opponents double up on him. Too often he's receiving the ball, cutting back inside and then just laying it back off to another player. I wish he'd trust his right foot a bit more and drive to the byline because his delivery on his right is generally good and it gives the defenders he's up against something else to worry about.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

1 hour ago, Condimentalist said:

Is everyone forgetting him beating his man and putting the cross in for Ollie's goal on Sunday? 

Was a great cross. According to whoscored that was the only cross he attempted against Ipswich. On the one hand, 100% success rate of cross=goal is great.. But there is question of why not try that a bit more.

How much is tactical vs confidence/form or him not getting the right supply or just good defending, who knows. But i think it's fair to say he's not looked as dangerous this season so far as he did for much of last.

17 hours ago, duke313 said:

just for balance I somewhat disagree.  Emery's style works better when we're lopsided.  fullback providing width on the left, a winger providing width on the right.  3 defense minded defenders, 1 attacking.   where it is going wrong this year is digne is more solid defensively but is a little less attacking and Bailey hasn't had time to hit form yet.   Maasten on the left and Bailey on the right with pau, Carlos and konsa should come good if everyone is on form.  that's harsh on digne though who's been very good and also relies on konsa and Carlos upping their game.  konsa at right back isn't working at the moment,  but that's not to say it can't if he just focuses on defending and feeding the ball to Bailey quickly.

2 hours ago, Condimentalist said:

Is everyone forgetting him beating his man and putting the cross in for Ollie's goal on Sunday? 

Yes we need more of thst. That was brilliant. Not many players are willing to do that these days. Even watching Saka he rarely does it. So boring wide men just cutting back inside and passing it. 

12 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Need to get his hamstrings sorted asap. Didn't have the confidence to sprint tonight but luckily things worked out for the team.

I think him checking back constantly is Emery instruction. The issue tonight is he pretty much lost the ball every time he had it so was becoming a real liability.

Maatsen starting on the left and Jaden right is probably our best bet for Sunday although Jaden was more involved on the left in the first half.

Clearly not fit, had acres of space to run into and the opportunity to challenge one on one. Chose to cut back, be surrounded and run into a Cul de sac. Was subbed off a few minutes later. He'll be back! 

Edited by Skruff

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â