Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

On 24/08/2024 at 21:22, grobs said:

I thought he was awful today going forward. He slowed down or stopped pretty much every attack 

Think he was shattered from his defensive work as dont think he wanted to leave Kosta exposed

14 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I don't think he meant to slow it down when he left the ball behind him on Sat when we had a very dangerous situation.

Yeah thats called a mistake my dude.

Recalled into Jamaican team with Stevie at the helm. With Pau getting back in the Spanish team and Nedlejkovic getting Serbian callup already, we are Maatsen getting into first team and Morgan getting called by England to a full international starting lineup. That ever happened before? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Recalled into Jamaican team with Stevie at the helm. With Pau getting back in the Spanish team and Nedlejkovic getting Serbian callup already, we are Maatsen getting into first team and Morgan getting called by England to a full international starting lineup. That ever happened before? 

Morgan is in the under 21s is that close enough?

• Like 1

On 28/08/2024 at 03:22, Anything11 said:

Disagree. People just find it hard to understand modern tactics and think you just take your man on and run at the goal. Too many years watching Gabby.

Bailey plays a specific role for Villa and he does it very well. Part of that is slowing down (one of the prime reasons Pep signed Jack).

Not me my friend - I thought Gobby was absolutely useless.

And with all due respect We must agree to disagree. Bailey slows the game down, when he doesn’t want to take on his man.

Yes when he is motoring - he is quite willing to take on his man, but when the space is taken away from him, he doesn’t seem to want to attempt to do this, hence the little sideways pass.

33 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Nope.

• Like 1

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I didn’t get to see the game, what happened with Bailey? Bad injury or just a knock?

Looked like a muscular tweak (was holding hamstring area), walked off under his own weight but you never can tell with Leon. 

• Thanks 1

Hammy has been bothering him for awhile. All 3 games the physio has come on to check the same leg. Hopefully he caught it early and it's only a couple weeks out. 

• Thanks 1

Seems to be back to having his injury issues like his first 2 seasons. Can’t afford to lose our best players and Bailey on form is one of them.

Partly why I didn’t want to see Diaby go. Seemed to bring the best out of Bailey due to the competition and meant Bailey stayed fit because we could rotate between the two. 

Hopefully he’s not out for long and is back to the form of last season soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I didn’t get to see the game, what happened with Bailey? Bad injury or just a knock?

He stretched to try to cut out a clearance and seemed to tweak something. Hopefully it's not an injury hit season as we need him out there with no Diaby around anymore. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

What? He missed 2 or 3 games last season?

Season before he was out with injury a lot, I seem to recall. Looked very weak.

Lets hope this isn’t a recurring theme.

On 31/08/2024 at 18:08, It's Your Round said:

Just read he’s out for around ten weeks and might even need surgery.

I thought we’d suffered enough of this bollox last season but it looks like we’re getting it all over again 😡😡😡

edit: this was from Villanews, no idea how legit they are.

Edited by rjw63
  • Sad 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â